BGA at Baylor

sportshooter

McCallie Mom I don't think you will be having a party this year at Baylor. I think the streak ends and also Baylor beats BGA Friday. Go Red Bank!

Welcome to the boards, Nooganader! I'm with you on continuing the streak...Baylor's field is always a nice place to party.

As for my prediction.... BGA 28 Baylor 24

Go Blue!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Interesting to see a couple of fans (McCallie) come on a tread that has nothing to do with McCallie and take a jab at their rival. I like both of you predicting a BGA win for sure and hope to see it happen. But getting cocky on a thread that has nothing to do with your school can come back to bite you. I think Baylor will do the partying this year over McCallie. Go BGA!

Welcome to the boards, Nooganader! I'm with you on continuing the streak...Baylor's field is always a nice place to party.

As for my prediction.... BGA 28 Baylor 24

Go Blue!

I apologize for my digression. I will attempt to remain on topic, but please note that my comment was meant to be good natured rivalry. I agree with the others that the Baylor campus is one of the prettiest high school campuses I have visited. They have good athletes. I wonder at times how the streak has come so far. But that is off topic.

I hope BGA has a safe trip down. I look forward to our trip up in a few weeks.

Taking into account the quarterback, running backs and receivers, Baylor may have the most talented corp of skill players in DII. With the ability to both throw and run, I predict Baylor will put up at least 35 points. Who wins will depend on how many points BGA can put up. Looking forward to a good ball game.

Bluemom: As you research how the streak could have happened, I might offer that BJ Coleman probably gets credit for a chunk of it. Not sure what role he played his freshman through sophomore years but he had an amazing game against Baylor his senior year with the help of two DI receivers. No wonder he has energized the UTC football program.

Bluemom could it be that McCallie has a 2 to 1 ratio of more boys helps their streak? Their roster has 112 on it versus Baylors 67. Depth Depth Depth. It would be ashamed for the blue to ever lose to a co-ed school.

Baylor by 7 over BGA (the real Blue)

My estimate is Baylor has about 350 male students in grades 9-12. BGA has only about half that number and is the smallest of the DII AA schools. With that said, they still only allow 11 on the field at the same time so you just hope for three things when playing the big enrollment schools like McCallie and MBA: 1) the freshmen and sophomores on the field step up 2) key players don't get hurt 3) you have great conditioning.

I think it will be a low scoring game with the final being 14-7.

I am coming down early for the game and have never been to Baylor. Any suggestions on the best place to tailgate on Baylor's campus?

So with the RB Williams out recently for Baylor, how has his replacement looked?

Nelson (corrected) has played extremely well. He is tough, has good speed, has good vision and he can catch. We are very happy that he is a Baylor Raider.

What Baylor misses with Sam out is the big play ability that comes with sub 4.5 speed. Sam is a threat to score anytime he touches the ball.

Nelson has filled in extremely well for Sam no doubt. But like another poster said with Sam....he is just such a threat everytime he touches the ball. Blazing speed. Nelson has done so well though and to be just a sophomore he has played great. The BGA game should be another classic game between the two schools.

I think by Daniel you mean Nelson and yes he is a stud and has been a great asset for the Raiders this year. Baylor doesn't drop off much without Sam because of Nelson along with Huesman and his ability to make plays rather it be with his legs or his arm.