Franklin Vs. Centennial

wilcofootball

:D What ever happened to everyone supporting a team and program? The focus this week should be Franklin vs Centennial, the 13th varsity matchup between the two schools. I have been here since this "rivalry" started, heck I even played in the first game!!!! Quit working on the kids and support the team.

And on those coaches side of view, have you ever been in their shoes? Do you know what it is like for a coach to make a play call and get laced with it to give up a game winning touchdown?!?!? By reading most of these posts, it sounds as if most of you are arm chair QBs with no true knowledge of the game. Don't you think that Franklin players and coaches have enough to worry about getting ready from week to week than a bunch of freaking babies crying back and forth to each other?!?! If you're a Franklin fan, than be one. Get off the kids butts, the schedule is what it is, and win lose or draw cheer them on!!!

And where is my boy Hoganknows??? I could go for some popcorn

The streak continues - Franklin wins in the "Domination of Franklin!!!" B)

You hit the nail on the head there retired rebel..Hogan knows the Rebels will be ready in all phases of the game. Another awesome Williamson County matchup and crowd...get there early. B)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me explain you the two sides of this argument "longhornshookem". While you are claiming "balance", others are screaming "adapt". Now I will not insult your intelligence and give you the Webster's definition, but I will assume that you know what the term "adapt" means. You do don't you?

Just to prove my case, I will give you a handful of examples. The Smryna Bulldogs team of 07 was incredibly balanced, and believe me when I say that they had the means to be. They had talent & ability at every position, and this alone allowed them to be balanced. But lets take the Oakland Patriots of 08, were they a balanced team? The answer to this question is "NO", they adapted & adjusted and became a one-sided ground-pound-game type of team. They did what they could do and did it quite well might I add. I can give you examples of successful teams adapting all day long, but I will spare you. And I am one forever in favor of "adapt".

Your comments amuse me. Coaching will be the end of the rebels this week. I don't know who's bright idea it is to throw the ball all over the field when there are 3 of the "best" (in my opinion overrated and lazy) RBs in the backfield? Oh right.... Clayton. It's called a practice. It happens 4 days a week. And that's when the QB can get some throwing experience. But water under the bridge. This week these 3 "amazing" running backs will really be put to the test, and I believe the whole team will crack under the pressure.

Let me explain you the two sides of this argument "longhornshookem". While you are claiming "balance", others are screaming "adapt". Now I will not insult your intelligence and give you the Webster's definition, but I will assume that you know what the term "adapt" means. You do don't you?

Just to prove my case, I will give you a handful of examples. The Smryna Bulldogs team of 07 was incredibly balanced, and believe me when I say that they had the means to be. They had talent & ability at every position, and this alone allowed them to be balanced. But lets take the Oakland Patriots of 08, were they a balanced team? The answer to this question is "NO", they adapted & adjusted and became a one-sided ground-pound-game type of team. They did what they could do and did it quite well might I add. I can give you examples of successful teams adapting all day long, but I will spare you. And I am one forever in favor of "adapt".

Yes I know the term "adapt". I dont even see the need to try and insult my intelligence when this is the first time you have even brought up the idea of "adapting" the offense. Look, the passing game is going to come along, and I am going to agree with you that it is not at the level it should be. BUT, I am not so quick to "adapt" the offense because I BELIEVE it will get better. Last year proved that Franklin knows how to pass the ball... just look at the stats, nuff said.

Lets take the Oaklands Patriots of 08, where they balanced? No... you wanna know why... because of their offensive linemen. Did you see them last year... one of the biggest and most talented group of guys in the entire state. Now, obviously, you have seen Franklin's line this year. (I am just making an obvious point and think other people would agree with me and I AM NOT calling out these young men) Franklin's line does not compare to Oakland's 08 team so I dont think they could adapt even if they wanted to. Just because you have 3 great backs doesnt mean you will be a successful running team because it starts with the guys up front creating the right holes for them to run through.

Your comments amuse me. Coaching will be the end of the rebels this week. I don't know who's bright idea it is to throw the ball all over the field when there are 3 of the "best" (in my opinion overrated and lazy) RBs in the backfield? Oh right.... Clayton. It's called a practice. It happens 4 days a week. And that's when the QB can get some throwing experience. But water under the bridge. This week these 3 "amazing" running backs will really be put to the test, and I believe the whole team will crack under the pressure.

You can practice 7 days a week if you wanted to, but it can never TRULY simulate a real live game. The people, noise, band, the tempo of real game speed, game field instead of practice field, and officials can not be simulated... why do you think major colleges install sound systems on practice fields to simulate intense noise in a vistors home stadium. BECAUSE ITS MORE LIKE A GAME. Live action in a live game is the best experience for an athlete and thats why a lot of analyst talk about the "experience" factor. The best part of it is that the Rebels are 2-0 and they have been giving experience to the guys who need it the most. That is why I BELIEVE it will pay off in the end. Sounds like good planning and coaching to me.

Last year the rebels had Nichols who could throw and Eaton who could catch. This year they have a QB who can't throw and the receivers look like a 5th grade flag football team. Offensive line barely even provides time for quivenan to throw. I honestly don't know how they are undefeated. Wait, yes I do, they've had no competition. I believe this week will be the first time the rebs will have a challenge. They can't handle it. The attitude "we are franklin rebels, we are guaranteed a win" won't last long when Centennial is running the ball down their throats and the almighty coach webb is scrambling around the sideline looking for players that aren't afraid to hit somebody... A daunting task indeed. The play calling from the pressbox needs to get sharper too. Any team that drives down to Brentwoods 20 then throws 3 straight passes needs to rethink their game plan. All of these things added up spell the first loss to Centennial... Coming to a local stadium near you this Friday.

Last year the rebels had Nichols who could throw and Eaton who could catch. This year they have a QB who can't throw and the receivers look like a 5th grade flag football team. Offensive line barely even provides time for quivenan to throw. I honestly don't know how they are undefeated. Wait, yes I do, they've had no competition. I believe this week will be the first time the rebs will have a challenge. They can't handle it. The attitude "we are franklin rebels, we are guaranteed a win" won't last long when Centennial is running the ball down their throats and the almighty coach webb is scrambling around the sideline looking for players that aren't afraid to hit somebody... A daunting task indeed. The play calling from the pressbox needs to get sharper too. Any team that drives down to Brentwoods 20 then throws 3 straight passes needs to rethink their game plan. All of these things added up spell the first loss to Centennial... Coming to a local stadium near you this Friday.

You just don't listen.

Why don't you go away and leave us Rebels alone. You obviously are a very mad person and have nothing to say but negative comments. :roflol: There is no reason for so much madness. I'm beginning to listen to Mr. Longhorn and there is no way that I want to do that :lol: .

Why are you bringing up Brentwood? I guess you are talking about a game last year? What are you so mad about? :lol:

As for Mr. Longhorn, Let's just play the game and see what happens. Maybe you should chill out and let's see if the coaches have done a good job and gotten the players better. I belive they will and as I said the offense starts clicking and we win 31-20. GO REBELS :popcorneater:

Listen "Longhornshookem" if you want to personally take on every comment, and turn them into your own personal argument. Go ahead and be my guest. But do this with the understanding that some of us will continue coming back asking the new question, and posing the new challenge.

Now do you see the fallacy in your very own argument. Maybe you do not, sometimes you can be to close to the heart of the argument to be able to reason properly. On one side, you defend a young growing QB, whose struggles have been pointed out and questioned. People have asked why this kid (and I do mean kid in the purest sense) is being asked to throw the ball so much. Now maybe people are asking the question to vaguely. Maybe it should be proposed in a different light, maybe people should ask it as follows; "why doesn't he throw out of Play Action more often?" "why doesn't Franklin set the run up in order to open the passing game up?" "why doesn't Franklin set-up in double TEs in order for maximum protection?" But they don't ask these questions, they simply ask "why is he throwing the ball so much?" And you respond with the defensive claim of, he is getting his chance to work out the kinks now against non-district teams before the schedule thickens up with important play-off implicating games (but you do not phrase it like that either). You talk about a growth process.

Now people ask you why they do not see more #4, #5, and #2 running with the ball out of the backfield. And you argue against these claims by saying that the Offensive line is not ready. The Offensive line is not able to give these running backs the chance to run across, through, and over the opposition. You claim the inability of the offensive line, in fact you claim the same inability that people impose on your QB (and yes, I do say your QB because you have taken it upon yourself to defend him in every action). But yet you do not think that the offensive line should get the same chance to "work the kinks out". You simply say they are in-able. Why don't the 5 offensive linemen get the same chance to stumble around before the pace quickens?

I am not the enemy, I am just trying to clarify a repetitive argument that is frankly getting ignorantly annoying.