Franklin Vs. Centennial

wilcofootball

Its not that the Rebels felt the need to pass the ball.

I beleive they felt like the game was on "lockdown"

so they wanted to let number 11 get a little in game throws in

to prepare for tougher teams in the futur..

I dont see this weeks match up being much of a problem for the rebels either..

look for lots of passes this week too..

i beleive this is just some preperation to beable to be a stong air and ground

team later in the year

In my opinion.. good thinking Coach

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balance? Balance? Balance? Are we seriously talking about Balance? Do you want my personal opinion on Balance? Ask Oakland fans what an attempt at balance gets you. Ask Oakland how "Balance" feels when you balance out your run-game with a throw down on the goal line to win the game in overtime. The idea of "balance" lost them the ball game. That is what I think about balance, especially when you have a great ground-game.

I know you all are making the argument for little ole #11 to get his reps in now (or should we say get his INTs in now). But how about letting a new Offensive line find its rhythm, how about letting a few RBs get their timing down and re-tune their cuts & vision.

Football 101, some of those are screens... if your at the game you can see linemen downfield blocking.

Balance, balance, balance... I'm with GnastyRebel.

Well I have to disagree with you Mr. Longhorn. "Football 101" as you like to state is about doing what is best for your team. Is completing less than half of your passes what is best for your team? I understand that some of them were dropped (but that is still a snap and an incompletion!), but why chance it so many more times than working with the three backs??? Answer that one Mr. 101. You will have no answer besides balance, balance and more balance. I wonder if last years state champions in all of the divisions made such a decision? I doubt it. :thumb:

Well before I go back to Centennial, I have to ask one more question. What did all of you Rebel fans think of the game in up in Christian County? Nice stadium I agree, but ALOT better atmosphere the week before in our little ole stadium. I guess that's not good enough for some people.

Now back to Centennial. This has been a rivalry (well not much of one since Centennial has NEVER won) that is looked forward to every year. I love going to this game. It will be a great crowd and this will be a REAL football atmosphere. I see the Rebels on top. 31-20 will be the final score.

The offense comes to play this week and dominates the Cougars. :thumb:

Balance? Balance? Balance? Are we seriously talking about Balance? Do you want my personal opinion on Balance? Ask Oakland fans what an attempt at balance gets you. Ask Oakland how "Balance" feels when you balance out your run-game with a throw down on the goal line to win the game in overtime. The idea of "balance" lost them the ball game. That is what I think about balance, especially when you have a great ground-game.

I know you all are making the argument for little ole #11 to get his reps in now (or should we say get his INTs in now). But how about letting a new Offensive line find its rhythm, how about letting a few RBs get their timing down and re-tune their cuts & vision.

Balance also wins you ballgame when your running game hits a wall. Anytime you can win ballgames while improving a particular part of your team is a win-win, if Franklin can do it on regular basis and win ballgames, then more power them. You act as if Oakland is chucking 20-25 times a game, they only threw the ball 9-10 times.

And the last time I remember there being an early season showdown between Centennial and Franklin would have been week four of 2004 and it was the closest game in the rivalry.

I'm not making a prediction simply because I don't know these teams.

However that doesn't mean I'm not gonna be on the sidelines cheering on my boys in blue.

It's been a while since I posted - but love this week for the original "Battle of Franklin". Just to correct the 2004 game scheduling - it was actually week 5 and Franklin was 5-0 coming into the game. Not sure if Centennial played a week 0 game that year so uncertain of their record going into it. Great finish as Big Tim Leach "bumbled, stumbled, rumbled" his way on a scoop and score defensive touchdown that covered roughly 70 yards in the 4th quarter to put Franklin up.

I think the closest game was actually 3 years earlier when a Centennial Field Goal to win it went wide right.

Centennial needs to break through one of these years to truly make this a rivarly game - the Helmet has not left Franklin other to spend about 3 hours during the game at Centennial.

Should be a great atmosphere

And the last time I remember there being an early season showdown between Centennial and Franklin would have been week four of 2004 and it was the closest game in the rivalry.

I'm not making a prediction simply because I don't know these teams.

However that doesn't mean I'm not gonna be on the sidelines cheering on my boys in blue.

It's been a while since I posted - but love this week for the original "Battle of Franklin". Just to correct the 2004 game scheduling - it was actually week 5 and Franklin was 5-0 coming into the game. Not sure if Centennial played a week 0 game that year so uncertain of their record going into it. Great finish as Big Tim Leach "bumbled, stumbled, rumbled" his way on a scoop and score defensive touchdown that covered roughly 70 yards in the 4th quarter to put Franklin up.

I think the closest game was actually 3 years earlier when a Centennial Field Goal to win it went wide right.

Centennial needs to break through one of these years to truly make this a rivarly game - the Helmet has not left Franklin other to spend about 3 hours during the game at Centennial.

Should be a great atmosphere

Hey fan in the stands! I miss you and the BigDogDaddy. I remember being in the stands with you guys and reading your posts on Coach T. We don't have as many faithful as you guys were. We have alot of negative right now, but hopefully that will go away and it will be about the boys. As for Centennial game, the helmet will remain at Franklin for another year. The offense gets cranking this week and we blow out the cougars!!! :thumb:

Balance, Balance, and more Balance... What type of team was Franklin last year? A BALANCED TEAM. That is obviously Claytons style. Right now, I see defenses packing the box and blitzing almost all the time to account for the run. So Wilcoisthebest, how do you stop that or better yet how does Franklin stop that? They do it by play action, screens, and dropback passes. If the secondary does not respect the pass then they are going to be on their toes itching to help on the run and thats why you havent seen the same numbers from the backs as last year (and due to the fact 5 of 6 linemen are new starters). Why are all of you picking on a sophmore QB this year. Trust me there isnt anything better behind him, I went to the BA JV game and the other QB looks more confused than the starter and didnt see anything from the backup in the JV game as he was taken out when they had a chance to win the game.

The passing game is struggling right now, and I dont see any reason NOT to be working on the thing that we do worst right not and thats the passing game. Its better to work on what you suck at vs. a weaker opponent so that they cant beat you if you dont get the desired results. These are kids we are talking about and I cant believe more people are going to be pointing fingers and attacking these young men... unreal.

Football 101, some of those are screens... if your at the game you can see linemen downfield blocking.

Balance, balance, balance... I'm with GnastyRebel.

Well I have to disagree with you Mr. Longhorn. "Football 101" as you like to state is about doing what is best for your team. Is completing less than half of your passes what is best for your team? I understand that some of them were dropped (but that is still a snap and an incompletion!), but why chance it so many more times than working with the three backs??? Answer that one Mr. 101. You will have no answer besides balance, balance and more balance. I wonder if last years state champions in all of the divisions made such a decision? I doubt it. :thumb:

Well before I go back to Centennial, I have to ask one more question. What did all of you Rebel fans think of the game in up in Christian County? Nice stadium I agree, but ALOT better atmosphere the week before in our little ole stadium. I guess that's not good enough for some people.

Now back to Centennial. This has been a rivalry (well not much of one since Centennial has NEVER won) that is looked forward to every year. I love going to this game. It will be a great crowd and this will be a REAL football atmosphere. I see the Rebels on top. 31-20 will be the final score.

The offense comes to play this week and dominates the Cougars. :thumb:

HAHAHA... do you want the QB to run and catch it after he throws it to? HAHA. Like I said on the other post you dont get much live action other than Friday night... and thats what the sophmore QB does not have any experience at, so that is why you see them working on their passing game right now against WEAKER opponents. Not a hard concept to grasp. Not to mention they are still undefeated right now so it hasnt killed them. The QB definately looked better this week he made some throws in the second half with guys in his face and it hit receivers in the hands. There were drops out there as you stated above.

Give it up... we heard you in the summer gripping about the schedule and here it is week 2 on the third game of the year and you are still going at it. If you havent noticed they cant do anything about this year... let it rest. Everyone KNOWS your stance on the schedule. I already agreed to disagree with you on that week 0.

[

Balance, Balance, and more Balance... What type of team was Franklin last year? A BALANCED TEAM. That is obviously Claytons style. Right now, I see defenses packing the box and blitzing almost all the time to account for the run. So Wilcoisthebest, how do you stop that or better yet how does Franklin stop that? They do it by play action, screens, and dropback passes. If the secondary does not respect the pass then they are going to be on their toes itching to help on the run and thats why you havent seen the same numbers from the backs as last year (and due to the fact 5 of 6 linemen are new starters). Why are all of you picking on a sophmore QB this year. Trust me there isnt anything better behind him, I went to the BA JV game and the other QB looks more confused than the starter and didnt see anything from the backup in the JV game as he got taken out when they had a chance to win.

The passing game is struggling right now, and I dont see any reason NOT to be working on the thing that we do worst right not and thats the passing game. Its better to work on what you suck at vs. a weaker opponent so that they cant beat you if you dont get the desired results. These are kids we are talking about and I cant believe more people are going to be pointing fingers and attacking these young men... unreal.

I believe you just attacked a young man also. Read your lines again about the JV QB. Get off of it and let us fans debate. I read all of these posts and REAL fans get on here and debate the game. If it's too hot then get out of the kitchen!!

[

Balance, Balance, and more Balance... What type of team was Franklin last year? A BALANCED TEAM. That is obviously Claytons style. Right now, I see defenses packing the box and blitzing almost all the time to account for the run. So Wilcoisthebest, how do you stop that or better yet how does Franklin stop that? They do it by play action, screens, and dropback passes. If the secondary does not respect the pass then they are going to be on their toes itching to help on the run and thats why you havent seen the same numbers from the backs as last year (and due to the fact 5 of 6 linemen are new starters). Why are all of you picking on a sophmore QB this year. Trust me there isnt anything better behind him, I went to the BA JV game and the other QB looks more confused than the starter and didnt see anything from the backup in the JV game as he got taken out when they had a chance to win.

I believe you just attacked a young man also. Read your lines again about the JV QB. Get off of it and let us fans debate. I read all of these posts and REAL fans get on here and debate the game. If it's too hot then get out of the kitchen!!

I agree and I apologize for attacking the other QB's... I stand corrected. Now, read your post about debating the GAME and NOt the schedule. It aint hot in here at all big guy/gal.

B) What ever happened to everyone supporting a team and program? The focus this week should be Franklin vs Centennial, the 13th varsity matchup between the two schools. I have been here since this "rivalry" started, heck I even played in the first game!!!! Quit working on the kids and support the team.

And on those coaches side of view, have you ever been in their shoes? Do you know what it is like for a coach to make a play call and get laced with it to give up a game winning touchdown?!?!? By reading most of these posts, it sounds as if most of you are arm chair QBs with no true knowledge of the game. Don't you think that Franklin players and coaches have enough to worry about getting ready from week to week than a bunch of freaking babies crying back and forth to each other?!?! If you're a Franklin fan, than be one. Get off the kids butts, the schedule is what it is, and win lose or draw cheer them on!!!

And where is my boy Hoganknows??? I could go for some popcorn

The streak continues - Franklin wins in the "Domination of Franklin!!!" :D