Greenback @ Rockwood 2009

not1styourlast

I know that we are coming down to Rockwood and were gonna play 4 quarters as hard as we can. I dont know what the score will be but I know that I am gonna play my game and not care what anyone thinks. People think we are down..I guess we will have to see. Going from 11-2 and losing 17 seniors is tough but I think we will manage. This will be a fun game and I cant wait until Friday. Make the assumptions but nobody knows until the game

I wouldn't expect anything less......I'm excited about Friday too....have a safe trip and heres to a great game :thumb:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear that Rockwood looked pretty good last Friday night at Sweetwater. I think this being their first game in region play, that Webb will look to do what he can to put up some points. Reading that their first two quarterbacks are out, I'm assuming Webb will pound it up the middle like he always does. Question is, will Greenback be able to stop the big O line from Rockwood? I'm thinking Greenback will load up and put everyone in the box on this young QB and try to make them throw it a little bit. Look for a low scorer in this one.

Rockwood-28

Greenback-14

Still say 5 TDs. Greenback is down. Pigeon Forge is Terrible with a capital T. I dont care how big a school it is. Rockwood whipped them too. I'm not from Rockwood. I just think they will win big. Besides if Webb didn't think they were going to win big those other two quarterbacks wouldn't have been suspended for 2 wks.

Webb didn't have a choice they were suspended for fighting on school property and from school for a week.

another chance for Webb to run up the score on a cup cake

Pay back is coming soon

Rockwood will run their offense. If the second or third team(against Sweetwater--4th string QB) is good enough and the opponents defense is bad enough, they will continue to score. You can't expect kids that are on the second and third teams to go in and lay down just to keep from hurting the other teams feelings.

As far as payback goes: I do believe Coach Webb has seen his share of the other end of the stick in some games with Alcoa and Loudon on the schedule the past few years.

Stop crying

It's a fact. I talked with a colleague and his son plays linebacker for Greenback. Said Rockwood runs about the same offense as them and they have practiced against it all week. He said they have changed up their defense and that Rockwood is going to have to either beat them on the outside with their slow running backs or in the air with their 3rd string QB. I still think that Rockwood is physical enough to win this game, but its going to be better than most are predicting. Look for trick plays in this one.

Rockwood-28

Greenback-14

Its only one more day until kickoff. I already have butterflies. Good luck Rockwood. and as for the person that said that their buddy said that we changed up our defense they are crazy. U really have no clue what you are talking about. Its not me to get on this website and start drama but for someone to say something like watch trick plays is just crazy. Come to our practice and watch for yourself. Then make the judgement.

I can't wait until tomorrow. I will actually get to attend this game unlike Sweetwater. I assume my boys from Rockwood will pull this one out too, with a significantly comfortable win. As for the 2 QB's getting suspended, that was stupid on their part and the 3rd QB will do just fine. See ya tomorrow!

Rockwood - 28

Greenback - 7

Well, I can tell ya this... If you don't clog the middle, you guys don't stand a chance against this team. They are big and physical, but lack speed. The Templeton kid... I saw him get blew by at the OS jamboree. He's not as fast as goosevol says. Clog the middle and make them throw it and you might make it a game out of it. Still think Rockwood comes out on top.

And as far as trick plays... Greenback better have something up their sleeves, because you can bet coach Jeff Allen is prepared for whatever you have to bring.