Powell @ Halls

TSpoon

I woke up this morning with a good feeling about tonight. We will beat Powell...in fact we will put a whipping on them , send them back down Emory Road, and make um thank us for the whipping!

I like the way you wake up in the mornings devilsden! Lets take us home a big ole Powell panther head, mount it on a big red devil pitchfork and hang it in the new field house! Good Luck Halls! Go snag you a kitty cat!

Devilsden, I guess you should have stayed asleep because it wasn't a dream, it was a nightmare 8-) And the thanks you got was for the big win.

Banter, it looks like the Panthers didn't leave you anything except for a big ole L for the new field house! Snagging that kitty was a little harder than you thought.

Go Panthers!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

osunut, typical Halls/Powell game - emotional, close, down to the wire.

Each team scored on a "trick" play - Powell on a double reverse pass and Halls on a hook and lateral play.

Powell seemed to have the game in hand late, going up 9, but Halls made a couple of big plays to cut it to 3, but missed the xtra point with about a minute and a half to go. Powell's Justin Wood made a good play to recover the Halls onside kick attempt to seal the deal.

For Powell Dy'shawn Mobley rused 14 times for 104 yards and freshman Austin Sande had 95 yards on only 6 carries, including a huge 59 yard run late to put Powell in a position to go up two scores.

Like I said, typical Halls/Powell football game, and a rare road win in the series. This has been a home team dominated series.

Halls...BOYS you played a heck of a game as you did your past two. Regardless of the score, you are winners in my book. Defense...what a game you played. KJ needs to look to his mistakes in his choice of the OC rather than putting the blame on you. As long as Ted Williams is controlling the calls on Offense, we will not win a game. Two delays last week, delay this week costing a time out...I think somebody needs to start videoing the coaching on offense instead of the game. Maybe the boys or fans/parents can come in during video time and critique the mistakes being made there! I mean how much more OBVIOUS can the problems at Halls be!? Its not because of the lack of athletic ability of the players...Bluntly speaking - Ted Williams is costing the win EVERY SINGLE GAME!!!!! He needs to step up (probably with a stool) and be a man and resign from that position as a coach. He is killing these boys. There are boys on that team that would like to play ball after high school...what recruiter wants to come to a CONSTANTLY LOSING team. It sure aint because they don't have the athletes!

So, congrats on the extreme effort that you PLAYERS made during the game last night and the previous two. You controlled and played hard as he--. THANKS TED WILLIAMS and KJ for allowing it to happen.

Powell...congrats to you. In regards to my previous post about putting a panther up in the Halls field house, maybe we could work something out and you guys could hang a little Ted Williams up in your field house!

BOYS...still very proud of your hard work! Keep your head up.

So let me get this straight...

Halls is up 7-6 through most of the third quarter. Neither team is looking exceptionally good. Halls gets pinned down inside their own 10yd. line twice and has to punt. And that is the OC's fault? The defense is giving up 1st downs and time off the clock like halloween candy. And that's the OC's fault? Then, when it's crunch time, the OC dials up two critical TD's to give us a chance and we don't get an onsides kick. And that's the OC's fault?

Now, I don't believe that this was best called game of all time, but your outcry tells me that you know absolutely nothing about football and easiest thing you can do is blame a coach. OR... You're a football genius with all the answers. If the later is true, then WHY ARE YOU NOT DOWN THERE HELPING OUT???

The other question I'd like to know is, if Halls is full of next level talent, then why aren't they making next level plays?

ironman80too,

Alright, just who in the heck do you blame then. The kids do what the coaches tell them to do or at least they try to do what the coaches tell them to do.

If it aint Williams fault on offense then who's fault is it? Must be KJ, cause he is the one who hired him to do that job. I have said since last year, why don't KJ call the plays on offense? Because he hired somebody else to do it and they aint worth a crap, so he needs to get rid of the pigmee and call the plays his self.

Surely he can call the plays on offense, just as easy as he does on defense cant he? Seems like the probelems just deep rising.

Halls...BOYS you played a heck of a game as you did your past two. ................. maybe we could work something out and you guys could hang a little Ted Williams up in your field house!

BOYS...still very proud of your hard work! Keep your head up.

So let me get this straight...

Halls is up 7-6 through most of the third quarter. Neither team is looking exceptionally good. Halls gets pinned down inside their own 10yd. line twice and has to punt. And that is the OC's fault? The defense is giving up 1st downs and time off the clock like halloween candy. And that's the OC's fault? Then, when it's crunch time, the OC dials up two critical TD's to give us a chance and we don't get an onsides kick. And that's the OC's fault?

Now, I don't believe that this was best called game of all time, but your outcry tells me that you know absolutely nothing about football and easiest thing you can do is blame a coach. OR... You're a football genius with all the answers. If the later is true, then WHY ARE YOU NOT DOWN THERE HELPING OUT???

The other question I'd like to know is, if Halls is full of next level talent, then why aren't they making next level plays?

Ironman80too... (whichever Ironman you may actually be if not all the same????) I am gonna go out on a limb here and make a comment....I am really interested in the fact that the biggest and main issues that you comment back in previous posts are when the OC/TW is commented on...Either you are TW himself or a family member...or you are his biggest fan of all times.

No, I am not a football genius at all, but it looks to me and MANY OTHERS that TW is nowhere near that himself. You gotta have more than a hand full of plays (that maybe everybody and their grandmother don't know) to get the opportunity to make those "next level plays". That don't take a genius to figure out either! I mean, how many plays the other night...5-6....turn around and see the people in the stands talking about what the next play is gonna be...ITS OBVIOUS!!!!! As far as going to a coach, which is another comment you have continued to make on your previous posts... (i.e. the reason I am wondering if you are really as above....) what coach would EVER listen to anyone other than those that are on staff?

Your blaming defense? They don't put the numbers on the board for Halls.

Let me say this...if you are TW or another coach...because I know the coaches read this. Try something out for the people behind the fence watching the games and watching Ted William stumble on what should be called because he freezes when it comes to crunch time! MOST IMPORTANTLY...try it out for the boys on the field who are actually doing the work. Have Ted Williams, step off a game or two and if KJ don't want to do it, let Coach Hassle run the offense and make the calls. The man knows football, give him a shot. Lets see if that makes a difference at all. If there is no difference, then maybe all the TW bashing is uncalled for...but I'm thinking not.

Also....You may be an army of one when it comes to filling a fan club for TW.

reading all the posts and Halls should be very concerned that we are losing great athletes to other schools.. look at Blakely @ AC who is doing great and Batts @ Gibbs who can qb, run the ball and play defense... and several just up and quit because of the same old playbook and politics. It's obvious that there will be some coaching staff changes after this year, it's just a shame that the players are the ones who will pay the price. O'Laughlin should have transferred this year to another school because he gets hardly any play time and as someone already stated NO SCOUT is going to come watch a LOSING team. What is KJ's plan continue losing talent to other schools? I'm sure AC & Gibbs glad to have the players they got from Halls...how many more we going to lose?:thumb:

Sad if this becomes a trend losing some of our better players.

Most on here know I won't bash the coaching staff but I have never liked the wing-t because I'm not so sure it plays to our strengths with the personnel we currently have. We do seem to be very predictable for the most of the game then try to come alive in the final period when teams are guessing we have too. I still think one great game can turn this ship around. We have some playmakers to torch opposing defenses we just need the ball in their hands in space. Sad fact is space has been hard to get into so far this year. We have to keep a positive frame of mind and move on.

I can assure you that I'm not Coach Williams. I've even said that I don't think he's the best play-caller in the world.

I'm simply trying to make the point that blaming a loss on one person is almost impossible in a football game. That would be the same as blaming a loss on a kicker, or a ref or the offensive line, or any number of people involved. However, calling for a man's job (especially in this day and time) is completely out of line, and out of character for a real Halls fan.

But, if all we can think of is "blame a coach", then maybe I'll get on board too. :thumb:

Congrats Panthers & Happy Birthday Coach Lowe.

Excellent timing on the call of the double reverse pass to take advantage of our necessarily quick-to-support-the-run secondary.

Post game congrats from you and your staff to our players was all class & much appreciated.

Maybe we can play one more time this year......maybe.....mathematically possible for another week or so.

Good Luck with OR.