West Greene vs Grainger Co.

drewcrew96

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! Losing to Grainger? B) WG fans forgot who their team really was until last night...probably shouldn't have been talking like they were going to romp all over Grainger. B) It had been about 4-5 years since West Greene played Rutledge and it's been 15 years since the Buffs beat Rutledge/Grainger. The streak continues and thankfully for Grainger it was a district win.

Some of the woofing mimicked the way Cosby fans were yapping last season when they were undefeated coming in...and the result was the same.

Thanks guys...I'm sure all the chatter fired up coaches and players during the last few days. The young Grizz needed some added motivation as if losing two a pair of KFL schools wasn't enough.

Anyway...good luck the rest of the way, but keep the expectations on an even keel.

Personally I felt that West Greene would win this one. When the game started they took the ball right down the field and scored passing and running the ball. Then they just started sparring against each other and the game took a feel of watch out for the one big play to tie the game but that really never happened either.......Grainger had a good long drive and finally stuck it in the end zone.Just seemed like the Buffs could not put anything together after the first drive. It was a good ballgame to watch, good crowd and good football atmosphere. And just my take on things but I would like to see all the teams from Greeneville/Greene County do well against out of county teams. Hats off to Grainger County for hanging in and pulling this game out at the end.

LOL! Losing to Grainger? :lol: WG fans forgot who their team really was until last night...probably shouldn't have been talking like they were going to romp all over Grainger. :shock: It had been about 4-5 years since West Greene played Rutledge and it's been 15 years since the Buffs beat Rutledge/Grainger. The streak continues and thankfully for Grainger it was a district win.

Some of the woofing mimicked the way Cosby fans were yapping last season when they were undefeated coming in...and the result was the same.

Thanks guys...I'm sure all the chatter fired up coaches and players during the last few days. The young Grizz needed some added motivation as if losing two a pair of KFL schools wasn't enough.

Anyway...good luck the rest of the way, but keep the expectations on an even keel.

For the record Kev.....I am not a WG fan....but its an off week for Greeneville and I thought after 2 W's in a row, the Buffs could pull it off.

Good game to watch... but i missed something, where was the "Boles Express"?? Look like he may have got derailed... Fact is Grainger knew what they had to do to win was to stop Boles and they did. What happen to not being 1 dimensional? WG looked pretty 1-d to me. Also, if Grainger County would have caught some balls the game wouldnt even have went to OT.

sadly the boles express got shut down last night seems to me they gonna have to find another play before next week........

got a question .... if you play 1 play all night and it doesnt work what would you do? it isnt rocket science...CHANGE THE DANG PLAYS AROUND :shock:

I agree. I mean personally i would went to that little swing pass to the back in the flats in OT, because the run was getting stuffed. That pass worked all night long, I don't know that Grainger could have stopped it, but thats my opinion. Come out and watch the South Greene vs. Cumberland Gap tonight. Alot of hype going into this game.

I'm sure the Buffs will get their head swollen again next week when they pick on the juggernaut of Unaka. Wow what a schedule.

i would say after the week they have next week i dont think thier head will get as swelled as it has been if it does they will get humbled again gotta learn that it starts in practice and OVER CONFIDENCE will bit ya in the rear end somewheres down the line