Harpeth @ Camden

ksgovols

Heck. I'll start it just so we'll have a forum for talking about the game.

I admittedly don't know much about Camden other than they've been solid the last several years and apparently are well coached.

Harpeth is coming off a big win against Hickman County where the Indians capitilized on 6 turnovers to run away with it.

What does everybody think about this one?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Harpeth can get ahead then they will have a really good shot of taking this one. Camden is a running team and if they are forced to have to throw the football then that could lead to trouble. Sometimes west-TN teams have struggled in the past with teams that can really throw the football. This is so because every west-TN team traditionally relies on their run game. Harpeth's Roark to Horkins dynamic duo will be the best combo that Camden has seen in terms of a passing attack in quite some time. I will not predict this game but if Camden goes ahead then they will salt it away with their run game and if Harpeth goes ahead then Camden is in trouble because they can not throw the football. Look for the team leading late in this one to be in really good shape.

Camden will get after your offensive line. They are going to run it right at you all night long. There are more weapons on this team than last year's team. The defense is stout. They can gut a ballgame out. This is the style of football that can beat passing teams.

My prediction, is that if Camden doesn't turn the ball over, then this game is over going into the fourth quarter. If they do, it'll be a great game.

Did Waverly beat Camden last year? I'm sure Fairview did in the playoffs.

Those are the only common opponents that I can come up with. Harpeth lost to Waverly after leading in the 4th quarter. Went for it on 4th down deep in their territory and Wavo scored to make the final look a little out of kilter, but it was a good game after Harpeth scrapped the Veer in the 2nd half.

Fairview pounded the rock, ate clock and kept Harpeth's offense off the field. The Indians were probably still running some Veer this late in the season too, which was just a bad experiment looking back.

I hope it's a good matchup. I'm not bold enough to make a prediction having never seen Camden in action, but just based on the 2 common opponents that defeated both teams last year, it would seem the Lions and the Indians are a good matchup. I will say that the line is one of Harpeth's strengths. These guys are 3 and 4 year starters anchored by big Zach Douglass. I was impressed in game one by the diversity on offense. Three Indians caught TD passes, 3 RB's scored on the ground. Defensively, the old fake knee play with 30 seconds in the half led to 81 yards and a busted coverage led to 40 more. That's a good percentage of Hickman Co's total offense on 2 plays.

I'm looking forward to the game. Go Indians!

Those are the only common opponents that I can come up with. Harpeth lost to Waverly after leading in the 4th quarter. Went for it on 4th down deep in their territory and Wavo scored to make the final look a little out of kilter, but it was a good game after Harpeth scrapped the Veer in the 2nd half.

Fairview pounded the rock, ate clock and kept Harpeth's offense off the field. The Indians were probably still running some Veer this late in the season too, which was just a bad experiment looking back.

I hope it's a good matchup. I'm not bold enough to make a prediction having never seen Camden in action, but just based on the 2 common opponents that defeated both teams last year, it would seem the Lions and the Indians are a good matchup. I will say that the line is one of Harpeth's strengths. These guys are 3 and 4 year starters anchored by big Zach Douglass. I was impressed in game one by the diversity on offense. Three Indians caught TD passes, 3 RB's scored on the ground. Defensively, the old fake knee play with 30 seconds in the half led to 81 yards and a busted coverage led to 40 more. That's a good percentage of Hickman Co's total offense on 2 plays.

Camden lost to only Milan and Fairview last year. I'm hoping like you KS that this is good ballgame. If Camden can run the ball successfully I feel good about the Lion's chances. Really looking forward to this one...should be a good'un :roflolk: Go LIONS!

This year's Harpeth team is much more than Roark to Horkins. That was Harpeth's MO the last two years, but the running trio of Tice, Patterson, and Seagraves plus the receiving of Foriest, Cox, and Odum make the Indians multi-dimensional. If teams try to isolate and stop one aspect of Harpeth's game, they'll get burned somewhere else. Just ask Hickman County. Its the nature of their team this year and they have several very talented athletes including a line that is very experienced. It ought to be a good matchup for both teams.

This year's Harpeth team is much more than Roark to Horkins. That was Harpeth's MO the last two years, but the running trio of Tice, Patterson, and Seagraves plus the receiving of Foriest, Cox, and Odum make the Indians multi-dimensional. If teams try to isolate and stop one aspect of Harpeth's game, they'll get burned somewhere else. Just ask Hickman County. Its the nature of their team this year and they have several very talented athletes including a line that is very experienced. It ought to be a good matchup for both teams.

Well I haven't seen either play but if I bet on games, my money would be on Camden. They are traditionally strong and have a great coach, and the kids have bought into the system.

Well I haven't seen either play but if I bet on games, my money would be on Camden. They are traditionally strong and have a great coach, and the kids have bought into the system.

Yep me to Camden is well coached and has done a great job since he's been there. Good luck to both teams! :popcorneater:

KS, good to see you posting again this year. Look forward to seeing you again. But I don't think you can compare the match ups based on Waverly games. After you wrote this, I went back and looked up games, I have play by play of each game from last year written down. In the Waverly/Harpeth game, Waverly led Harpeth 14-0 at the half. Harpeth scored 3 quick times in the 3rd including a 22 yard drive to take the lead 19-14. From that point Waverly took the game back over and won 29-19. From what I saw and remembered Waverly pretty much controlled 3 qtrs of that game. Now when Waverly and Camden played, Camden jumped out quickly and just like Harpeth, Waverly scored quickly in the 3rd catching the Lions. But Camden was able to put it away winning by 14. If the two teams are anywhere like last year's teams, I say Camden will win by a couple of touchdowns at least. But who knows, got to play the games right.

PT...even I'm hesitant to compare this year's Lions with last years and I've seen both games and all but one scrimmage. Too many new guys playing with completely different skill sets than last year's team. I have a feeling comparing Harpeth to last season is probably not a great idea either because they have a bunch that got their feet wet last year and are alot more experienced than most of Camden's team. Don't get me wrong, I think Camden has a pretty good shot at winning this, but I think the Indians have a chance for the W also. Regardless it should be a great game and a good measuring stick for both teams. Go LIONS!