H1N1 flu. Any school closings?

BigG

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingston was supposed to play at Alcoa Tuesday, but the game got canceled due to their school being closed. However, I heard that their football game Friday is still on.

The decision to cancel the alcoa/kingston match as well as the alcoa/greenback match was made to avoid exposing anyone to one of our girls that may not have shown symptoms yet. I know the games were cancelled in agreement by all the coaches. Our AD allowed each sport to make the call on cancellations. I think with the football game, they know it would be near impossible to reschedule and it is a region game that has to be played.

Briarcrest should have an interesting weekend in Oak Ridge....we have three out with flu and two out with injuries that will not be making the trip! Great news is that this gives some play time to the Freshmen!

I don't think that the flu cases are H1N1 though...

However.....to Oak Ridge, Ravenwood, Independence, and Beech....I wouldn't mark us too closely...... :popcorneater:

Briarcrest should have an interesting weekend in Oak Ridge....we have three out with flu and two out with injuries that will not be making the trip! Great news is that this gives some play time to the Freshmen!

However.....to Oak Ridge, Ravenwood, Independence, and Beech....I wouldn't mark us too closely...... :popcorneater:

That will have to be in the running for quote of the season. :roflol:

However.....to Oak Ridge, Ravenwood, Independence, and Beech....I wouldn't mark us too closely...... :thumb:

That will have to be in the running for quote of the season. :lol:

I was hoping that someone would recognize the humor in that! :thumb:

Have a nice long weekend!

East Hamilton almost postponed their game with East Ridge tonight because the flu bug hit their team. Coach Millard had only one sub for the game but managed to pull out a win. EHS dominated play but could not find the back of the net. East Ridge did not have a shot a goal. EHS had tons of shots, tons of corner kicks, but only managed to find one goal.

I think coach is just looking forward to the long weekend to get his girls healthy. EHS has had some bad luck with injuries and now illnesses. Heal up girls.

• 4 weeks later...