Ensworth ends MBA's 15 game home win streak!

DrFootball

What a sad situation for this young man. From what I understand he worked so hard this summer for his one opportunity to lead this team. It is a sad story in sports that we unfortunately have to read way to often.

While the basketball team will be very deep and have its own State Championship aspirations, they will surely miss Colbert's versatility if he is unable to join them. Besides his physical talent on the court, he is a true competitor and that too is impossible to replace.

Best wishes to him and let's all hope he can translate this adversity into something positive down the road.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probaby ignorant of a lot of things....However, there are a couple of thoughts here...

1. I'm not an Ensworth fan. Aside from the fact that I knew Ricky Bowers at MBA and played with him on 7-9 grade teams, I don't know him really well, altough i received a nice email form him when I wished him well in his new job. That said, I thought leaving Darkwa in as long as he did was utterly classless. I throw that in not to start an issue, but to establish, since we're talking about ensworth's alleged recruiting, that I have no "warm fuzzies" for them.

2. My background is law enforcement, and as I remember my incredibly old and scary law instructor, if something is not "officially illegal," then it is "actually legal." I have no idea what brought Mr. Richardson to Ensworth (although if I thought my son had that kind of talent and had no other affiliation, I might want him playing for Bowers, who is inarguably one of the best coaches in the state).

3. I hate to see the kid's name mentioned in public, but since it's already been done, I continue to be mystified at the vitriol from Mt. Pleasant people. The kid's playing in a top flight program, if he can'tplay college football for whatever reason, then he leaves Ensworth with one of the best educations available. He seems to fit in nicely and have friends there. Enlighten me as to how the lad is taking one in the shorts here?

4. As i say so often, if you have evidence, pass it on to the TSSAA. I continue like Diogenes, as i wander the boards, looking for someone with evidence of recruiting.

I'm off now; time to meet my parole officer.

Our vitriol comes from mistrust. "They" took "our" kid--we feared "they" would mistreat and exploit "our" kid. We love him--we wondered if "they" were capable of the same. (he says they do--by the way) We feared for his emotional well being. In admitting that "they" might be able to provide a better education for him--we must admit that "ours" isn't as good.

I have since come to respect Ensworth and their program. I also enjoy reading your posts KWoodroof--you make me smile. :lol:

If a DII school has a successful athletic program, the program recruits itself.

Examples:

FOOTBALL - MBA, BA, Ensworth, MUS

BASEBALL - BGA, BA, Baylor

VOLLEYBALL- Father Ryan,Webb, Harpeth Hall

SOCCER -JPII, Father Ryan, Baylor, McCallie, Webb, Briarcrest, Harpeth Hall

BASKETBALL - BA, Father Ryan, CBHS, Ensworth

TRACK/CROSS COUNTRY - Briarcrest, Webb, BA, MBA

NOW take this topic and go to PUBLIC/PRIVATE school forum if you still have trouble sleeping.

You never know when that DII coach knocks on your door with scholarship papers in hand :D

Trust me....there is no such things as a scholarship, they can only give you the money you need, nothing more, nothing less. Trust me, I considered going to both MBA and Ensworth and there is no such thing as a scholarship....unless its academic, I went through the VERY long process on how people pay for private schools such as these, so trust me.