Ensworth ends MBA's 15 game home win streak!

DrFootball

I'm an Ensworth student and we do not "recruit". Every single player that is on financial aid deserves to get a good education. MBA attracts the same talent without "recruiting". I don't think Preston Bailey went to Oakhill or Ensworth middle either.

Don't believe me? Fine...don't, MBA will get their butt kicked every year and nothing will happen to EHS. But I can't say we wouldn't be "recruiting" if it weren't for BA's case going all the way tot he supreme court.

If Ensworth was recruiting wouldn't have someone found something out by now? I mean would some one look into after going undefeated last year?

You've obviously missed your nap, and it's affected your writing. First, if you're going to post here, realize that every Div II thread is required to have an allegation that we all recruit. Secondly, when we reply to the unwashed about their scurrilous allegations, we do so in a manner that amuses our brethren. It's in the rules, look it up. And finally, please focus your righteous indignation. The BA contingent haven't weighed in at all, and I think most of us from MBA have been gracious in defeat.

As a first post, it scores about as well as my first theme at MBA...double digits, but just barely

:thumb:

Sorry for believing a school can recruit in Nigeria but not get away with it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really following the Nigeria reference. I probably should know more about the place, as I seem to be rather well known there. Lots fo people there want to give me money. It seems a bit risky togo there, as the number one cause of death is apparently aircraft crashes. I think I'll stick to getting rich the old fashioned way, by winning internet lotteries I haven't entered.

KWoodroof........you are quite ignorant of the events unfolding over on highway 100, Ensworth does in fact recruit and the evidence is illustrated by the one of the star players on their team, Antonio Richardson. I mean, anyone that knows anything of the circumstance regarding his transfer from Mt. Pleasant High School to Ensworth for his sophomore year (thus he had to sit out last year) knows he was recruited. That being said, there might not have been anything officially illegal about Richardson's transfer, but the situation, particularly the distance of transfer (which round trip from Mt. Pleasant to the Bellevue area is well over 100 miles) without change in the students home address (which I believe is still the Mt. Pleasant area) and the socio-economic status of the Richardson family (yeah Ensworth High just happens to offer financial aid to a 6'6 300 lb monster who happens to be an SEC caliber football player, instead of a student of similar circumstance that does not have that athletic prowess). To say there is nothing "fishy" about this situation is simply ignorant. :thumb:

I'm probaby ignorant of a lot of things....However, there are a couple of thoughts here...

1. I'm not an Ensworth fan. Aside from the fact that I knew Ricky Bowers at MBA and played with him on 7-9 grade teams, I don't know him really well, altough i received a nice email form him when I wished him well in his new job. That said, I thought leaving Darkwa in as long as he did was utterly classless. I throw that in not to start an issue, but to establish, since we're talking about ensworth's alleged recruiting, that I have no "warm fuzzies" for them.

2. My background is law enforcement, and as I remember my incredibly old and scary law instructor, if something is not "officially illegal," then it is "actually legal." I have no idea what brought Mr. Richardson to Ensworth (although if I thought my son had that kind of talent and had no other affiliation, I might want him playing for Bowers, who is inarguably one of the best coaches in the state).

3. I hate to see the kid's name mentioned in public, but since it's already been done, I continue to be mystified at the vitriol from Mt. Pleasant people. The kid's playing in a top flight program, if he can'tplay college football for whatever reason, then he leaves Ensworth with one of the best educations available. He seems to fit in nicely and have friends there. Enlighten me as to how the lad is taking one in the shorts here?

4. As i say so often, if you have evidence, pass it on to the TSSAA. I continue like Diogenes, as i wander the boards, looking for someone with evidence of recruiting.

I'm off now; time to meet my parole officer.

If a DII school has a successful athletic program, the program recruits itself.

Examples:

FOOTBALL - MBA, BA, Ensworth, MUS

BASEBALL - BGA, BA, Baylor

VOLLEYBALL- Father Ryan,Webb, Harpeth Hall

SOCCER -JPII, Father Ryan, Baylor, McCallie, Webb, Briarcrest, Harpeth Hall

BASKETBALL - BA, Father Ryan, CBHS, Ensworth

TRACK/CROSS COUNTRY - Briarcrest, Webb, BA, MBA

NOW take this topic and go to PUBLIC/PRIVATE school forum if you still have trouble sleeping.

You never know when that DII coach knocks on your door with scholarship papers in hand :thumb:

KWoodroof........you are quite ignorant of the events unfolding over on highway 100, Ensworth does in fact recruit and the evidence is illustrated by the one of the star players on their team, Antonio Richardson. I mean, anyone that knows anything of the circumstance regarding his transfer from Mt. Pleasant High School to Ensworth for his sophomore year (thus he had to sit out last year) knows he was recruited. That being said, there might not have been anything officially illegal about Richardson's transfer, but the situation, particularly the distance of transfer (which round trip from Mt. Pleasant to the Bellevue area is well over 100 miles) without change in the students home address (which I believe is still the Mt. Pleasant area) and the socio-economic status of the Richardson family (yeah Ensworth High just happens to offer financial aid to a 6'6 300 lb monster who happens to be an SEC caliber football player, instead of a student of similar circumstance that does not have that athletic prowess). To say there is nothing "fishy" about this situation is simply ignorant. :thumb:

Trying to pull the recruiting card in DII is pretty lame. All the DII schools do their best to attract top flight talent to their institutions. Some schools value specific talents more than others just as some schools value certain course offerings more than others. One thing that separates the DII schools from the DI schools is the fact that they continually challenge themselves to be the best both in the classroom and the athletic fields. In this particular case, EHS has a more talented team and won the game. MBA has won with inferior talent in the past and will do so again in the future. Friday wasn't the night, how the team responds to Colbert's injury (add him to a list of mounting others) will be very important and say a lot about the character of this team. I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the season plays out. Still at least 7 great opportunities left to write their story.

The term "recruiting" does not apply just to athletics. I know for a fact that most private schools in the area have gone to areas outside of say, Belle Meade, and tried to get kids to come to their school. Is this for athletics? Sometimes, yes. Always, no. There are kids at MBA, Ensworth, BA, BGA, etc. that are from a completely different background than the majority, and are not athletic jewels. Its a shame that we get caught up in criticizing these scholarships because some of these kids are athletic. Like KWoodroof said, these kids are getting a better education than they normally would. That is something far greater than a scoreboard at the end of the night. Let it rest.

P.S. I actually haven't had my nap, so if its reflected in my writing, my apologies in advance.

I can only direct my comments to MBA because that is the only school I have any direct knowledge of. One of the things I have always appreciated about MBA is that it is a place where any student who is willing to work hard can have an opportunity to excel. I have sent 2 boys through there, neither of whom whould have gotten anyone's attention as athletes as either 7th or 9th graders. Both boys however through their own hard work and perseverence were able to start and be big contributors on 2 very good football teams is 2004, and 2007. I hope that aspect never changes at MBA regardless of what the competing schools do.

I'm an Ensworth student and we do not "recruit". Every single player that is on financial aid deserves to get a good education. MBA attracts the same talent without "recruiting". I don't think Preston Bailey went to Oakhill or Ensworth middle either.

Don't believe me? Fine...don't, MBA will get their butt kicked every year and nothing will happen to EHS. But I can't say we wouldn't be "recruiting" if it weren't for BA's case going all the way tot he supreme court.

If Ensworth was recruiting wouldn't have someone found something out by now? I mean would some one look into after going undefeated last year?

You've obviously missed your nap, and it's affected your writing. First, if you're going to post here, realize that every Div II thread is required to have an allegation that we all recruit. Secondly, when we reply to the unwashed about their scurrilous allegations, we do so in a manner that amuses our brethren. It's in the rules, look it up. And finally, please focus your righteous indignation. The BA contingent haven't weighed in at all, and I think most of us from MBA have been gracious in defeat.

As a first post, it scores about as well as my first theme at MBA...double digits, but just barely

I admire your response to the post by hd castle because I didn't understand what he or she was talking about, despite his Ensworth education. Of course. this might be due to my reading skills, which I must admit did not have the benefit of an Ensworth or MBA education. Exactly what did you mean by the words, "unwashed" and "brethren"? This type of language might be interpreted by some as sounding snobbish or superior, but I'm sure you did not use them in this context. However, I think your former English teacher would appreciate clarity in your posts, since you mention having graduated from MBA quite often. You would probably receive credit in your post for the use the the words, "scurrilous", and "contingent".

I can only direct my comments to MBA because that is the only school I have any direct knowledge of. One of the things I have always appreciated about MBA is that it is a place where any student who is willing to work hard can have an opportunity to excel. I have sent 2 boys through there, neither of whom whould have gotten anyone's attention as athletes as either 7th or 9th graders. Both boys however through their own hard work and perseverence were able to start and be big contributors on 2 very good football teams is 2004, and 2007. I hope that aspect never changes at MBA regardless of what the competing schools do.

And God forbid letting a less fortunate kid get the opportunity to work hard and persevere in the same environment as the wealthier kids.