Ensworth ends MBA's 15 game home win streak!

DrFootball

I'm an Ensworth student and we do not "recruit". Every single player that is on financial aid deserves to get a good education. MBA attracts the same talent without "recruiting". I don't think Preston Bailey went to Oakhill or Ensworth middle either.

Don't believe me? Fine...don't, MBA will get their butt kicked every year and nothing will happen to EHS. But I can't say we wouldn't be "recruiting" if it weren't for BA's case going all the way tot he supreme court.

If Ensworth was recruiting wouldn't have someone found something out by now? I mean would some one look into after going undefeated last year?

You've obviously missed your nap, and it's affected your writing. First, if you're going to post here, realize that every Div II thread is required to have an allegation that we all recruit. Secondly, when we reply to the unwashed about their scurrilous allegations, we do so in a manner that amuses our brethren. It's in the rules, look it up. And finally, please focus your righteous indignation. The BA contingent haven't weighed in at all, and I think most of us from MBA have been gracious in defeat.

As a first post, it scores about as well as my first theme at MBA...double digits, but just barely

I admire your response to the post by hd castle because I didn't understand what he or she was talking about, despite his Ensworth education. Of course. this might be due to my reading skills, which I must admit did not have the benefit of an Ensworth or MBA education. Exactly what did you mean by the words, "unwashed" and "brethren"? This type of language might be interpreted by some as sounding snobbish or superior, but I'm sure you did not use them in this context. However, I think your former English teacher would appreciate clarity in your posts, since you mention having graduated from MBA quite often. You would probably receive credit in your post for the use the the words, "scurrilous", and "contingent".

Well, actually I've been accused of being elitist...who knows? The "unwashed" refers to those who come in here and throw about unsupported allegations of recruiting. I hate to see someone convicted on innuendo. As to brethren, I mean the relatively few longstanding D II posters who've had to read the constant insinuation that all the Div II accomplishments can be traced back violations of the rules.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only direct my comments to MBA because that is the only school I have any direct knowledge of. One of the things I have always appreciated about MBA is that it is a place where any student who is willing to work hard can have an opportunity to excel. I have sent 2 boys through there, neither of whom whould have gotten anyone's attention as athletes as either 7th or 9th graders. Both boys however through their own hard work and perseverence were able to start and be big contributors on 2 very good football teams is 2004, and 2007. I hope that aspect never changes at MBA regardless of what the competing schools do.

And God forbid letting a less fortunate kid get the opportunity to work hard and persevere in the same environment as the wealthier kids.

Youu have no idea if my boys were "fortunate or less fortunate", and that was not my point anyway.

KWoodruff, I don't know how you do it. You are a more patient and dedicated CoachT fan than most (including me).

Congratulations to Ensworth on the win.

I didn't see the first half, but from what I did see, MBA looked a bit sluggish and a little soft, especially on defense, perhaps because they were already down. They are getting nothing out of the defensive line. Bars and Reigle are the only two on defense who appear to be playing really well. The lack of fundamental form tackling and wrapping up is astounding to me. Also, the offensive play calling leaves a lot to be desired. The offensive line is not pushing people around. They need to get nasty. As Coach Caudill used to say...A lot of ti**y bumpin' going on

Having said all that...this game really came down to athletes. Ensworth's got 'em, MBA doesn't.

Having said all that...this game really came down to athletes. Ensworth's got 'em, MBA doesn't.

That's it in a nutshell. I don't think it's anyone outworks our outsmarts anyone at this point. They all work an ungodly amount (players and coaches) and are all smart, talented coaches.

There's a reason Ricky left MBA and take one look at that box score and you know why. Doing all of this in your 3rd season?? I hope it's worth it, Ensworth.

KWoodruff, I don't know how you do it. You are a more patient and dedicated CoachT fan than most (including me).

Congratulations to Ensworth on the win.

I didn't see the first half, but from what I did see, MBA looked a bit sluggish and a little soft, especially on defense, perhaps because they were already down. They are getting nothing out of the defensive line. Bars and Reigle are the only two on defense who appear to be playing really well. The lack of fundamental form tackling and wrapping up is astounding to me. Also, the offensive play calling leaves a lot to be desired. The offensive line is not pushing people around. They need to get nasty. As Coach Caudill used to say...A lot of ti**y bumpin' going on

I'm not sure exactly where the problem lies. I have watched enough football to know that if you start all your games trailing, you'll end some of them trailing as well. (On a personal note, 42 years ago tonight i saw my first high school football, Mt. Juliet at Cumberland, in a pouring rain). Their tackling is very poor, and the tailback is making it into the defensive backfield every play. In both the Maplewood and ensworth game, they simply gave the ball to the TB deep and let him find a hole. and while both Vanleer and Darkwa are very good and found the holes, I'm guessing Mrs. Woodroof could have done almost as well. The holes were massive.

I would have liked to have seen them go to Lassing earlier. He ran very well, but didn't see the ball until the third drive.

Still, if you look at it historically, MBA wins with defense, and this year it's lacking. The offense is probably not going to be great, but 21 points should win a game.

And you're right regarding athletes, though I'd qualify your statement. Ensworth has a top flight first team. If they stay healthy, the expectation would be EHS-MUS in the final, in what should be one of the better games that Tuesday evening. A couple of unfortunate injuries, and the EHS season ends early. This isn't a knock on them; it's just math and their limited enrollment.

"...and while both Vanleer and Darkwa are very good and found the holes, I'm guessing Mrs. Woodroof could have done almost as well."

Hey KW--has Ricky called yet? Mrs. Woodruff may have some eligibility left. :angry:

We wouldn't let her go to Ensworth, and of ourse MBA is out. I lean towards one of theCatholic schools, because she already has a schoolgirl uniform that looks quite fetching on her.

He is now back home and I've had friends that have visited him and said he is doing better. On the night he took that hit he couldn't remember what day it was and someone told me he said he had been playing football against Ravenwood.

I think this is a career ending injury. Very unfortunate.

The Tennessean is saying his season is over, and casts some doubt on basketball and baseball.