Cascade @ South Pitt

FridayMainEvent

Old Pirate says football folkes is never satified for long. The fans for yars has wanted to spread the field and not run three plays in a cloud of dust. Now things go thata way and folkes are yapping like wounded kitty cats whose tail jest got count under the front porch rocker. OP says the biggest problem this OP sees is the inability of the QBs to see recognize defensive alignments and ever now and then check out and run something better suited. Recon, us old skillet heads figure them youngons must be skillet heads too. Dad burnit, it were hard to see them Jasper LB coming and with 7 in the box for most of the night. Best git used to it they'll be plenty more with simular game plans. Them OL have to do tones better as well as the "WHOLE TEAM". That includes ball boys up to the coaches.

OP says Cascade will surely be a tough opponant. Hate to say it, but OP says a defeat may be the best thing for this team.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Have Been A Fan Of Cascade For A Few Years Now. Have Seen Em Play On A Few Occasions As Well.

They We're Pretty Solid Last Season, But Have A New QB At The Helm. And I Still Have The Bad Taste Of The Tail Whipping South Pitt Gave Us, And Respect For Them Because Of It.. Wish I Could Come Watch But The J.O.B. Thing Has Me Handcuffed. Good Luck To Both Teams. :thumb:

If we run the wing T we will win by 3 td's...If we do shotgun again we will win by a touchdown...Our defense is so stout man oh man if we only had an offense to go along with it...I just can not understand why we are out of the wing T, we have size on our line and alot of running backs, quick running backs!! Maybe some1 can see something good about the spread...I just don't as of right now

If we run the wing T we will win by 3 td's...If we do shotgun again we will win by a touchdown...Our defense is so stout man oh man if we only had an offense to go along with it...I just can not understand why we are out of the wing T, we have size on our line and alot of running backs, quick running backs!! Maybe some1 can see something good about the spread...I just don't as of right now

pp, Old Pirate is kinda thinking you grad-e-ated from the Geno school. OP says them Pirates don't rightly need all the BS yous a saying. Jest wondering when you played for the Pirates? Op is thinking you to be a youngon, most old fellers are a lot less critical. You ever coached a team?

OP jest sitting here watching them Auburn Tigers and has to says "Go War Eagles". The game made OP think about how they were running their offense, lining up and sometimes shirting to another set depending on the defense. Nows OP ain't so sure something like that wouldn't work. Back in the day the Pirates would tell folkes where they were running and did. Now-a-days, de-version is more the norm. OP is concerned about them youngons gitting it together but sure the coaches is smarter than this skillet head and recon they smarter than yous too.

pp, Old Pirate is kinda thinking you grad-e-ated from the Geno school. OP says them Pirates don't rightly need all the BS yous a saying. Jest wondering when you played for the Pirates? Op is thinking you to be a youngon, most old fellers are a lot less critical. You ever coached a team?

OP jest sitting here watching them Auburn Tigers and has to says "Go War Eagles". The game made OP think about how they were running their offense, lining up and sometimes shirting to another set depending on the defense. Nows OP ain't so sure something like that wouldn't work. Back in the day the Pirates would tell folkes where they were running and did. Now-a-days, de-version is more the norm. OP is concerned about them youngons gitting it together but sure the coaches is smarter than this skillet head and recon they smarter than yous too.

Don't get upset at the criticism VICTOR..................... :thumb:

Okay, first of all I hate it that I will miss the SP and Cascade game but I will be relaxing on the beach. I will be back for the Signal game though. Alright, Now I want to talk about the Jasper game. This was the first time I had seen SP since last years Trousdale game and it looked very similar. I think I- formation and wing-t is the formations for the talent we have and I sat next to a living legend coach last night who thought the same thing. Use the spread when needed but as a primary offense it is not very good. There were several times last night that SP could have gotten a first down by running a quick trap play up the middle. That living legend that I sat with last night even said that he needs to have a talk with some offensive coaches and he just may do it. SP's defense is very good and appears to be one of the better defenses SP has had in their history. But, we can't afford to get any more key people hurt. These are my opinions and observations and if the offensive problems are not corrected it will be hard to beat Boyd and Signal for sure and possibly Chatt Central and Polk. I would hate for a good defensive team like SP has lose some games that they shouldn't lose. I hope SP wins Friday but I am concerned with the play of the offense.

Old Pirate says the BB and SM will be good games but the Polk game may be the toughest of the bunch. They are a bunch of country fellers roundd them parts and generally are not skeerd to go behind the wood shed for a ruckus. The Pirates must git better offensively quick. The time is here, it's not preseason folkes. OP jest thinks they should be doing far better with the seniors they have on the team.

Old Pirate I am young... compared to you that is :oops: I am not the only one that said we need to line up in the wing T and run the ball..Even the great Dave Baxter said the same thing as well as many other former great older players from SP..So I might be younger than you but older ones who have alot of knowledge about the game like I do share my opinion...The spread is not clicking right now and it would be a good secondary option but it does not need to be our main offense!!!

I wouldn't get too cocky. We were and we paid. I'm not sure what happened to them their first two games, but I've seen them twice including our Jamboree and they're legit.