Cascade @ South Pitt

FridayMainEvent

Alright, let me throw in my $0.02. First off, I would like to thank the SP fans that invited me to tailgate with them before the game, and I really enjoyed talking to Bossbro for most of the game. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get to meet OP, but evidently his i.d. is a mystery, even to most Pirate fans. :thumb:

As far as the spread thing goes, I think SP has the perfect personel to run the offense. Now granted, I was watching MC's defense, more than I did SP's offense, but it seemed like SP was trying to feature the qb a little too much. Not so much in him running the ball, that needs to be done in the offense, but it looked like the routes were too deep, or took to long in developing. He just didn't have enough time to hit those type of passes. Where is the short "bubble screens", the options, and the "jet" type plays? I'll agree that Sellars needs to be the featured back, but Jones, and a few others, need to get the ball in there hands in space. Kind of like the way the Patriots use Wes Welker. It is a big play offense, but not necessarily big plays down the field. How many times did Tebow hit Harvin on a short pass, only to have him break it for a big gain?

Now, whenever we ran it, I think we incorporated alot of the wing-t into the spread. I guess you could call it sometype of hybrid offense. We also did it out of the no huddle. The formation would be called as the ball was being spotted, then the play would be called at the line of scrimmage. Kept the defense huffing and puffing all night. Of course, your guys had to be in great shape, which takes place during the summer. Too many guys cramping up friday night!!! Like Zone said, it's not the offense, it's the execution.

As far as the defense is concerned, they are legit. But at the same time, this is nowhere near the same team that came to Hartsville last year. However, I think you all will be just fine. Not to impressed with MC, with the amount of trash talking leading up to the game. As bad as we are playing right now, I still think we are 3-4 td's better than the warriors. Of course that can all change as the season plays out. Best of luck to the Pirates this week. Should be a good match up. I think Cascade may bring a better team to the Pitt than some may be expecting. Hope both teams come out of the contest injury free. :flower:

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slim Jim says SP's defense looked stout on Friday night. The offense has a ways to go but if they give it time it should produce. I loved my first return trip back to a game at Jasper since the 2006 season. I remember that game well, they played Boyd that night and I had to move my car during the middle of the game because they were threatening to tow it away for blocking someone in. Looking forward to seeing this Cascade bunch this week.

Best of luck to the Pirates this week. Should be a good match up. I think Cascade may bring a better team to the Pitt than some may be expecting. Hope both teams come out of the contest injury free. :flower:

I saw you during warm ups but couldn't make it over right then and then you had moved later. Glad you came down and enjoyed the game

Cascade will definitely be one of the better teams we face this year. Their skill people are just as fast and talented as our skill people...maybe even better. This will be a game we lose if our offense executes like we did against jasper. We have to be sharp and make the plays. We will probably have a slight advantage in our line play on both sides but not sure how much of an advantage that will be with the quality they have in the skill positions. I think our defense is playing well enough to keep Cascade in check but we will have to score some points if we want to win. Should be a great game!

Old Pirate was talking about that SP youngon pp. OP hates this here new coacht, can't find nuttin now it has changed. Logger, Old Pirate says the skillet slinger wants to rattle OP's cage far too much. OP wears ear plugs to deaden the sound of the snores. Let OP tells you something ther logger. It was a storming some time back and OP was awakened by the sound of thunder. It was a lightening something awlful and during one of them ther flashes OP seen the skillet slinger laying there with no hair piece and teeth out, wells that sight skeerd OP so bad OP wet on hisself. Don't recon OP likes them ther sudden surprises. OP now wears blinder too............OP knows....... whats yous a talking about rattling that cage to wake yous up. Guessin OP is skeerd of that also now-a-days.Recon it's the messenger, not the message that skeers OP so. :shock:

These here SP folkes likes to talks futeball, AS yous can see.. usins have plenty of experts round here. :flower: The SP folkes will be kind to their visitors even after making them walk the plank. The SP SPEEDWAY is not an easy place to play without gitting run around, over and thru. Recons we'll see......come FryDay ifin........ the Pirates have enough gun powder to runs them Cascade fellers back across that ther mountain.

We shall see. :shock:

I'm just curious. Does everyone in South Pitt refer to themselves in the third person when they talk like they do when they post? It's going to be tough for Cascade11 to communicate if they do. :blush::thumb:

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book about this Cascade team. They sound like they have some big ole boys that might be able to knock a hole for the runners to run through. My book also says they have alot of seniors on this team. The book says that Cascade went to the 3rd round in the playoffs last year and they have alot of those boys back this year. When a team has alot of seniors and big boys that can knock a hole that can mean a tough game. I hope the boys from SP will be able to knock a hole to run through this week. Last week they never hardly knocked a hole for our running backs. They also need to throw the durn ball more. I had alot of my Red Bulls left last week. I had some extras but no one ever asked for one. I was able to sneak my cooler into the game last week. This week could be a little harder to sneak the cooler into the stadium though. I will have my Red Bulls and my Murphy Fair book if anyone wants a energy drink or needs to know anything, we can find it in my book. I will be standing by that durn block wall on the SP sidelines during the game. I just hope those big boys SP has do a much better job of knocking a hole this week. My prediction is the team that does the best job of knocking a hole will win the game.

I saw you during warm ups but couldn't make it over right then and then you had moved later. Glad you came down and enjoyed the game

Cascade will definitely be one of the better teams we face this year. Their skill people are just as fast and talented as our skill people...maybe even better. This will be a game we lose if our offense executes like we did against jasper. We have to be sharp and make the plays. We will probably have a slight advantage in our line play on both sides but not sure how much of an advantage that will be with the quality they have in the skill positions. I think our defense is playing well enough to keep Cascade in check but we will have to score some points if we want to win. Should be a great game!

You must of seen game film from the Forrest game, Zone. You wouldn't be so complementary if you'd seen the first two games. We are improving each week, but we've still got a long way to go.

Cascade 11, I don't talk in third person. We need to meet at the game this Friday. I will have my Murphy Fair book at the game if you want to get together and look at it. I will reserve one of my Red Bull's for you too. Do your boys do a good job of knocking a hole to run through? The SP boys didnt knock many good holes last week and they did not throw the durn ball around enough either. Don't by a drink from the concessions stands because I will reserve you a drink. Where do you want to meet so we can read my Murphy Fair book together.

all I am saying is mix things up. Don't be so predictable. And last Friday night... SP was predictable.

Kind of reminds you of the Johnny Majors and Phil Fulmer days at Tennessee.. When you as a fan can sit in the stands and call 80% of the plays for there about to be run is predictable..It's a shame we are not using all of our talent we have standing on the sidelines. I know with any offense you have to execute but the spread is a joke that Beene and Grider would roll over in there graves if they knew we were running or trying to run that crap!!!

all I am saying is mix things up. Don't be so predictable. And last Friday night... SP was predictable.

Kind of reminds you of the Johnny Majors and Phil Fulmer days at Tennessee.. When you as a fan can sit in the stands and call 80% of the plays for there about to be run is predictable..It's a shame we are not using all of our talent we have standing on the sidelines. I know with any offense you have to execute but the spread is a joke that Beene and Grider would roll over in there graves if they knew we were running or trying to run that crap!!!

Please enlighten me on the plays that we could call from the stands. What were these plays called?