Riverdale vs Lincoln County

warhawks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think riverdaleman was watching the same game I watched. On defense, and the return coverage team, it seems we would get guys there and then everyone waited for someone else to make the hit. We've got a ton of potential but have to get that aggressiveness and physical play turned way up. If the Warriors try all that arm tackling next week the Oakland RBs will just rip their arms off and keep going. Riverdale did play extremely well most of the 3rd quarter.

It should be a lot of fun the next three weeks. It will be VERY playoff like in that we will need to learn to play multiple games in a row at a very high level.

It was a second straight mercy-rule game and that's a nice accomplishment. However, everyone needs to understand that the next three teams are going to be MUCH better than anyone we've played so far.

What's the status on Radabaugh? We need his physical play out there.

Final 52-7. Very sloppy game...it's really hard to believe that you can tackle that poorly and still win 52-7. I'm hoping that some day (preferably very soon...like next Friday night) this team will put it all together, on both sides of the ball, for 48 minutes. When they do that it will be special.

As for LC, I really can't offer any encouraging words. There were some great individual efforts but the team effort seemed lacking most of the time. Something is just not right. The coaches have lost their edge and it has carried over to the players.

You got that right. Something is not right and that is the coaching staff.

No excitement, no energy on the team plus no experience. If Lincoln County every wants to be winner again their is going to have to be a coaching change. Three games and the mercy rule has been used all three weeks. I repeat LC will be lucky to win one game.

Warm ups are over. Real season starts next Friday night. Big boy football coming up.

I watched Oakland tonight. We better not make ANY mistakes because if we do we will pay for them. I watched a rushing performance tonight against a Ron Crawford team like I have never seen before. We cannot afford to play catch up football with Oakland as they will NOT let you. They got up on Brentwood and it forced Brentwood to make mistakes. One of which Oakland took to the end zone.

riverdaleman, you are right there is some really good talent on the LC team, i dont want to slam on any of the kids but, you cant run a little, then stop, look for where you need to go, and then start running. i believe the way its supposed to go, is your supposed to follow the guys who are actually blocking for you, and not be afraid to get hit if you need to. there are some really talented offensive lineman on the team. and no# 40 the fullback, is a sure thing for getting a few yards when you need him too. the play that changed the whole game, is right before half time, we moved the ball, all the way up the field from the 20 to the 5, by giving it to #40, they couldnt stop it and why? because the lineman did their job and he hit the hole everytime and wasnt scared to take a hit. but, when we got it up to the 5, for some unknown reason to me, instead of doing a sure thing, we decided to give the ball to someone else, who is know for never running north and south, but east to west. and then the fake punt, dont get me started. if we will quit trying to run all these trick plays and stick with what works, we will get somewhere. that play changed the whole game, it sucked all the wind out of our sails. honestly, i think until then, the were pretty evenly matched, i really dont think that this team being "young" is the problem, it may have something to do with it, but it is not the majority of the problem.

yeah i was real proud of our sophmore for running that kid down on the kick off. however i remeber differently from you in that you really didnt move the ball at all on that series in fact I thought you went backwards and then faked the FG im not a big fan of that our defense did a great job of playing defense and was real disciplined on that. i thgought he should have tried to get the points but your coach knows a lot more than me and if it works he a genius

... i dont want to slam on any of the kids but, you cant run a little, then stop, look for where you need to go, and then start running. i believe the way its supposed to go, is your supposed to follow the guys who are actually blocking for you, and not be afraid to get hit if you need to. ....

You are absolutely right...that is an absolutely fundamental skill in football. Any team that understands that will do respectfully well, regardless of any lack of high caliber talent. Execution is basic.