Elizabethton VS Greenville

Lawman1

What about this one

From a South fan who has seen both teams: lawnman please honor your opponent by spelling the name of their city/school correctly:GreenEville.

Expect Chaz Story to shut down the Cyclone running game and make them 1 dimensional. The GreenEdevil kicking game gives them a decided advantage in field position and scoring opportunities.

Betsy is much improved from last season with good Sr.leadership. I would expect a high scoring game with the pigskin flying around the gridiron. GreenEville 31 Elizabethton 21

Good luck to both squads in this game and the remainder of the season. Hoping for an injury free game for both sides and knowing that both are going to represent NET well in the play-offs. :thumb:

First off that was an honest mistake in the spelling of greenEville Mr. crawdad and secondly its obvious you dont know as much about betsy as you think.Our kicker taylor hodge kicks the ball as well as anyone.He kicked a 43 yrd. fieldgoal against science hill.It will be interesting to see chaz story stop our running game seeing how we have 3 backs that can run and most of the time in the backfield togather.So will just see come friday night Mr. crawdad.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greeneville is going to wipe the field with Elizabethton. They have no chance. The DEVILS defense and offense are way to good. All GREENE needs to do is keep the yellow flags under control. And hold onto the ball. Good Luck. but get ready to get your BUTT WHIPPED. :ph34r:[/quot

Don"t confuse team pride with what don't know about! Have you seen the Cyclones play? They have a complete football team. It's not the same team you saw in the playoffs last year. It is always a good game. Has been for as long as I can remember. Don't look for a easy win. If you get one it will be well earned.

Well said :thumb:

What about this one

From a South fan who has seen both teams: lawnman please honor your opponent by spelling the name of their city/school correctly:GreenEville.

Expect Chaz Story to shut down the Cyclone running game and make them 1 dimensional. The GreenEdevil kicking game gives them a decided advantage in field position and scoring opportunities.

Betsy is much improved from last season with good Sr.leadership. I would expect a high scoring game with the pigskin flying around the gridiron. GreenEville 31 Elizabethton 21

Good luck to both squads in this game and the remainder of the season. Hoping for an injury free game for both sides and knowing that both are going to represent NET well in the play-offs. :thumb:

By the way Mr. crawdad you need to tell greeneville1 the same thing because on his thread he has greene devils VS bestsy and it should be betsy.So he needs to honor us better Mr. crawdad.

My,my,my im am suprised at all the confidence from Greenville considering you are 1-1 and Elizabethton is 3-0. And considering you lost to a team that you beat last year at which time South was alot better than this year! And one guy is going to stop a running game wow he must be very impressive..... Although I remember a kid in Elizabethton about 6'5" super athlete i think last name Witten who couldnt shut down a run by himself so this kid must be unbeleivable! Face it this is goung to be a hard game for both teams and I bet fewest mistakes win! But the funny thing is its just for bragging rights cause its not a conference game and hopefully both these teams represent NET about week 14 in the state then we can cheer for each other! Anyway good luck to both and leave on the feild!

Go Cyclones!!!

My,my,my im am suprised at all the confidence from Greenville considering you are 1-1 and Elizabethton is 3-0. And considering you lost to a team that you beat last year at which time South was alot better than this year! And one guy is going to stop a running game wow he must be very impressive..... Although I remember a kid in Elizabethton about 6'5" super athlete i think last name Witten who couldnt shut down a run by himself so this kid must be unbeleivable! Face it this is goung to be a hard game for both teams and I bet fewest mistakes win! But the funny thing is its just for bragging rights cause its not a conference game and hopefully both these teams represent NET about week 14 in the state then we can cheer for each other! Anyway good luck to both and leave on the feild!

Go Cyclones!!!

Well said! This is for just some bragging rights. I think this sounds like it will end up being a GREAT GAME! Etown and Gtown have good tradition on both sides I can remeber when I was playing for the CYCLONES in the 98 season and we went down to Greeneville and they whipped up on us pretty good during the season (we did not have Jason Witten in that game) and Gtwon also had some GREAT players in the skill positions. When the playoffs came around we returned the favor and won big but went on and lost to maryville. Shawn was great that year as a player. I think that was not the start of this good battle between these teams but it defenitly heated it up a lot. I have always respected GTown football and love playing in these games.

This game sounds like the making like in the late 90's. Kind of crazy that Shawn is the coach now.

Im just excited to see GOOD teams again giving it all they have and having great pride in the schools!

GOOD LUCK to both teams down the road! make NET proud but for this game GO CYCLONES!

Ok thats all i have heard for 2 weeks how much better greenville is than betsy you are better than all three teams that we have played put togather.All i am going to say is you got beat by south and it took south overtime to beat daniel boon.So lets just wait till friday night to see who is the better team.Good luck to both teams.

You're killing me using South games for your comparisons this year. South is dealing with issues that go far beyond football. let me say this again. Do not use South games for your comparisons and definately don't use scrimmages like you've done in the past. I'm sure everybody is laughing at your ignorance. Go Greene Devils!!

Man I'm embarrassed by some of the comments made on here from Greeneville fans. Elizabethton is a real good football team, so is Greeneville. Greeneville has a very good defense, and Betsy has a very dangerous offense. Should be an awesome game. This game is the 2nd Oldest rivalry in the state of Tennessee, behind UT vs. Vandy. There is no doubt in my mind that the Devils can't win this game. The Devils are extremely capable of going and beating Elizabethton there. Elizabethton is good but in the media they are believed to be extremely arrogant and cocky. That is motivation for the Devils, but it's hard to beat teams that are confident. But when they get beat it is SWEET! Betsy fans shouldn't judge the Devils players and coaches by what some has beens or wannabes write on their computer. We've all heard the Brad Paisely song talking about being cool online.

GO DEVILS!!!

Ok thats all i have heard for 2 weeks how much better greenville is than betsy you are better than all three teams that we have played put togather.All i am going to say is you got beat by south and it took south overtime to beat daniel boon.So lets just wait till friday night to see who is the better team.Good luck to both teams.

You're killing me using South games for your comparisons this year. South is dealing with issues that go far beyond football. let me say this again. Do not use South games for your comparisons and definately don't use scrimmages like you've done in the past. I'm sure everybody is laughing at your ignorance. Go Greene Devils!!

First thing i am sorry for the loss of jake and second of all there are alot of people using south as a comparison and if you dont like it stay off my thread rebelyell.I can compare any team i like on these threads and just look around on them and you will see south comparisons all over these boards and again sorry for south and the loss of jake.

Man I'm embarrassed by some of the comments made on here from Greeneville fans. Elizabethton is a real good football team, so is Greeneville. Greeneville has a very good defense, and Betsy has a very dangerous offense. Should be an awesome game. This game is the 2nd Oldest rivalry in the state of Tennessee, behind UT vs. Vandy. There is no doubt in my mind that the Devils can't win this game. The Devils are extremely capable of going and beating Elizabethton there. Elizabethton is good but in the media they are believed to be extremely arrogant and cocky. That is motivation for the Devils, but it's hard to beat teams that are confident. But when they get beat it is SWEET! Betsy fans shouldn't judge the Devils players and coaches by what some has beens or wannabes write on their computer. We've all heard the Brad Paisely song talking about being cool online.

GO DEVILS!!!

Good post devilhead and i agree 100%.I am sure greeneville will be ready to play and they are a real good football team.If we turn the ball over like last week greeneville will win.We have to take care of the ball better this week.Good luck to both teams.

First thing i am sorry for the loss of jake and second of all there are alot of people using south as a comparison and if you dont like it stay off my thread rebelyell.I can compare any team i like on these threads and just look around on them and you will see south comparisons all over these boards and again sorry for south and the loss of jake.

Yes sir! You put me in my place, grasscatcher. You just need to understand the difference between a scrimmage and a game. :lol: