Huntingdon @ Union City

GoldStandard

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City will win by 21 points. Huntingdon is beat up playing better comp. I believe it takes its toll and UC pounds them into oblivion. Just a hunch. Union City will shut down the race horse. Should be a good first half

You do realize that Huntingdon has only played 3 games. I don't think it will be a problem. Also, Holder ran for 147 against Milan, and had quite a good bit of receiving yardage too. You will not stop him. By the way, if you key in on him too much, Thompson will smoke you. Holder will run for around 200 and Thompson will run for over 100.

I love everyone picking the Stangs.

Well, I will say you playing Milan and playing them like you did was something.

On the other had, Westview is down, really down. I would set them up like a team in Trigg County that Union City beat. Seen both teams.

So, all of you folks just keep on keeping on....

The Stangs have not seen a set of D-Backs like Union City...one which will be Mr. Football 2009.

These type games always comes down to the final 4th quarter. Union City doesn't have 70 players...maybe 40.

You only play 11 guys on the field at one time...that rule since the day of time.

Conditioning, now one will out conditon Union City....we have played to date counting our 3 hour scrimages....5 games. All which we have played decent in.

I will say this til games time, if it comes down to special teams, Union City may have that upper hand.

The passing game is in suspect. We can throw but can we defend. No matter what, games like these are what the kids practice for all summer long. May the better team win.

Look for around 4 thousand plus at this game. Lots of folks coming from other schools to see.

Good luck....play hard and be safe.

If your Dbacks are a factor, then you guys are in trouble. Huntingdon can throw, but they are run 1st and run 2nd team. If Holder and Thompson are making it to that level of the D then you guys are in real trouble.

now i very much doubt the fact that Holder will rush for 200 yards against this UC defense...

He is a VERY GOOD running back... probably the best that UC has seen in the past few years...

and yes he will more than likely break a few good long runs early in the game... but when the UC defense calms down and settles in it's gonna be a tough night for ANY running back...

UC has yet to give up 100 yards of total offense to any team they have played this year... Not saying that they wont againt Huntington but it's just a statistic...

All im saying is that when you roll up into Union City you better be sure that your jock strap is secured nice and tight :thumb:

ohhhh man... uc and h-town goin at it again... just like the old days...

#2 and #3 knockin heads... should be the premiere game in all of TN IMO...

lets see...

i have seen film on Huntington and yes... they are good... VERY good... especially #23 (Holder)

but from what i have seen SO FAR is that he is basically Huntington's offense... kinda of like what UC had last year with Colton Speed...

yes h-town has some good athletes... So does UC... you stang fans talk about having 70+ players and about having all this depth...

well with the film that i have seen only about 13-14 different kids play on each side of the ball... which, if my calculations are correct, that only gives you about two or three subs on each side of the ball...

H-towns d-line is big and strong, but not very quick off the ball, only on certain plays do they have good penetration... the linebackers start low but when the ball is snapped they stand straight up (UC slots gonna have a hay-day :thumb: )

Huntington's offense can be stopped if you can keep the gaurd and tackles from pulling all night... AND if UC can stop Holder from getting north and south... take away the cut-backs and running lanes and make him run sideline to sideline and hit him in his knees and shins and thighs every single play and this kid will not be as effective as he has been... you gotta give it to Union City... They have probably the best defensive coordinator in high shcool football in the state of TN and HE WILL figure out a way to stop this high octane offense...

UC fans and players have respect for h-town dont get me wrong... but in the end i see UC pulling out of this one in the minute of the game

should be a slobber-knocker :thumb:

UC- 27

Hunt- 21

good luck to both teams but most of all GO UC!!!!!!!!

Man, I don't know what film you have been looking at, but Holder is definitely not all they have. You also threw alot of ifs in there. If they can stop this, that, and the other. Those ifs work for breaking down any game. Let me be more plain. UC might have success at times shutting down those ifs, but for the most part Huntingdon will run all over you.

P.S. I am not a fan of Huntindon just so you know.

now i very much doubt the fact that Holder will rush for 200 yards against this UC defense...

He is a VERY GOOD running back... probably the best that UC has seen in the past few years...

and yes he will more than likely break a few good long runs early in the game... but when the UC defense calms down and settles in it's gonna be a tough night for ANY running back...

UC has yet to give up 100 yards of total offense to any team they have played this year... Not saying that they wont againt Huntington but it's just a statistic...

All im saying is that when you roll up into Union City you better be sure that your jock strap is secured nice and tight :thumb:

UC has yet to give up 100 yards of total offense to any team because you haven't played a real team yet. Trust me, I am not trying to dis your team. I know that UC has a great team, but I believe that Huntindon is hands down better.

Well Huntingdon Thinks That They Are Coming From 2A And Playing Lil Ole 1A Union City Will Be A Cake Walk. They Think That The Competition Has Automatically Dropped Off Because Of Being In 1A. But Mckenzie Has Owned Them The Past Few Seasons And Union City Has Played My Rebels To The Wire And Won A Few As Well. I Think H-Town Will Be Pleasantly Pleased With The Caliber Of Competition That Union City Has As A Top 1A Team. Being In 1A Is A TSSAA Decision Not Because Of Lack Of Talent. Good Luck To Both Teams, And Especially Big Swo And His Tornadoes.

Unlike Mckenzie when they were in 1A, Huntingdon will continue to play stiff competition from larger schools, thus eliminating the "surprise" effect of seeing a good team for the first time. I feel like this is what gave Mckenzie the dubious honor of being the only school in state championship history to have a running clock in the second half.

I have refrained form posting on this thread but don't think the UC game will be easy. They have a good looking team and have been playing good football for a while now. This will be a tough tough game. I'm sure the home crowd will give them a boost and I just hope the refs don't play a role in deciding the game. When you get the Reelfoot Conf. refs you just don't ever know.

This game really doesn't mean alot except for bragging rights because I'm sure we'll meet again in the playoffs. I'd like our chances a whole lot better if we were playing in Huntingdon. I just don't think you can key on Holder. As Hufstedler02 said Thompson is good too and BAM can throw if Swenson lets him. I like our chances if we hold on to the ball but I'm sure the good folks from UC think the same thing.

Just because 10 posters from each school gets on CoachT and talks up a good game one needs to remember we all have no effect on the outcome of the game. Huntingdon has always played up and UC is one game the Mustangs realize will be tough.

Go Mustangs...

Mr. Mustang, I was wondering when you was going to jump in the mix. LOL I agree with you completely. This is going to be a tough game, especially with it being played at UC.

Out of all the Huntingdon fans, there is probably no one that wants to beat UC more than I do. I feel about UC the way most folks from Huntingdon feel about Mckenzie. :thumb:

What you say is true stangfan. Fatigue could be a problem for most teams in our area who are accustomed to playing only half the game. What I mean by that is having a defnsive squad and an offensive squad. Who are not playing both ways.. These boys from UC have known for months that they would haVE TO GO ALL NIGHT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. They have conditioned themselves for extended play.

I know what your trying to say, but it doesn't hold up. One of the things that the UC coach said after the jamboree against Mckenzie was that conditioning was one of the problems. You don't fix that in 3 weeks time.

All any good back needs is one good step to get past a defender. I still believe that if UC is playing most of the secondary both ways the POSSIBILITY of big plays increases as the game goes on. I have not said that UC will roll over because of getting tired. Since Holder only plays on offense, he will still have strong legs under him at the end of the game. Advantage Huntingdon.

UC has a very good defense and IF they can take Huntingdon out of their game plan the advantage goes to them. I am also very interested in seeing how our defense plays against the UC offense. Our defense has done a pretty good job against the run all year but has struggled against the pass. I know UC can throw the ball, but can they consistently enough to sustain drives?