Huntingdon @ Union City

GoldStandard

There were a lot of douters before the Milan game on the rushing game of Huntingdon. Don't forget that the last team (including all of last year and this year, up to the Huntingdon game) to manhandle Milan's defense was Alcoa. That being said, Huntingdon seemed to abuse Milan's defense also. I am not sure if Union City understands what it takes to stop Huntingdon while their on offense. This isn't your orthodox offense people! From what I have known about the head coach at Huntingdon, he doesnt care if the other team knows what his play calls are or not. You still have to stop it!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people dont give uc credit for how good they really are.. IMO uc has a defense that has the ability to stop Holder if the correct schemes are put into place... even if they can't stop him UC can slow him down enough to win the ball game... 90% of the time the ball is gonna go to Holder because he is the play maker... but its gonna take more than one person to over whelm this hard nosed defense... and one guy on Huntingtons defense is not gonna be able to stop the UC rushing attack... Union City CAN throw the ball if they absolutely need to.. they have the skill at reciever to run good routes and catch the passes... this game is just gonna come down to who has the ball last in the 4th quarter.. thats all there is too it... each team thinks that they can stop each others offense but we will see who actually can do it friday night :lol:

Well Huntingdon Thinks That They Are Coming From 2A And Playing Lil Ole 1A Union City Will Be A Cake Walk. They Think That The Competition Has Automatically Dropped Off Because Of Being In 1A. But Mckenzie Has Owned Them The Past Few Seasons And Union City Has Played My Rebels To The Wire And Won A Few As Well. I Think H-Town Will Be Pleasantly Pleased With The Caliber Of Competition That Union City Has As A Top 1A Team. Being In 1A Is A TSSAA Decision Not Because Of Lack Of Talent. Good Luck To Both Teams, And Especially Big Swo And His Tornadoes.

This is just my 2 cents worth. If Milan's defense, who has three D1 players in Colemen, Gilbert, and Williams, could not stop this "simple" offense, as some like to say, then Union City isn't going to stop it either. Stopping Holder is easier said than done. Milan is more familiar with Huntingdon than any team in West TN and they still couldn't stop the kid. You also better be sure when you make the initial contact with Holder, you wrap him up and take him down then. If you don't, he'll be driving those feet and still chop another 5-6 yards onto his run by him just keeping his feet going.

yes h-town has some good athletes... So does UC... you stang fans talk about having 70+ players and about having all this depth...

well with the film that i have seen only about 13-14 different kids play on each side of the ball... which, if my calculations are correct, that only gives you about two or three subs on each side of the ball...

You must have watched the wrong film... Huntingdon only has 3 players going both ways... Simpson, Thompson, and Carter... So if my calculations are correct, that means about 18 or 19 kids play on each side of the ball.... :angry:

Definately looking forward to this one.

There is no doubt that Huntingdon has played better competition up to this point. Union City's offense looked good Friday night, but I don't think they will be able to control the line of scrimmage against Huntingdon as they did against Trenton.

This one could become a high scoring game if Huntingdon continues to have lapses on defense. UC qb is good and can burn Huntingdon if given time to pass.

One thing that could really factor in by the end of the game is fatigue. UC plays a lot of players both ways. If they try to chase Holder and Thompson down all night and play defense, I would expect some bigs plays to happen late.

What you say is true stangfan. Fatigue could be a problem for most teams in our area who are accustomed to playing only half the game. What I mean by that is having a defnsive squad and an offensive squad. Who are not playing both ways.. These boys from UC have known for months that they would haVE TO GO ALL NIGHT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. They have conditioned themselves for extended play. Ive watched alot of teams work out over the summer. In fact its a hobby of mine. I love High school football. If Im driving down the road and see a team practising I will pull over and watch a while. The truth of the matter is that I have never seen a high school football team work as hard as those boys inUC do. They dont even fret about being in the game all night. In fact they get upset when they have to come out and let the JV play. I dont think the JV for either team will see the field Fri night but dont count on Fatigue out of the Tornadoes. Im certain that those Stangs put in the hours as well. You guys are a very good football team . You will be our biggest game of the year. But dont count on getting our boys winded.I would wish you luck but you dont need it.

Union City will win by 21 points. Huntingdon is beat up playing better comp. I believe it takes its toll and UC pounds them into oblivion. Just a hunch. Union City will shut down the race horse. Should be a good first half

Now wait a minute! I love my Tornadoes with a passion but even I dont believe UC by 21. Niether should you. We can win! Thats What I believe. We can over come The offense Holder brings to the game. Not Only # 23 but the Stangs are stacked with speed. Trust me The game will be close. Less than a touch down. I only hope that the stangs truley believe we are a push over. We know it will be a fight. We will be ready for a fight.

Past years? Who cares about past years? This is this year so we will see how Mckenzie and UC handle us this year

Well sir the past years are about tradition and tradition is a big part of football. you guys are a great football team and have been traditionally. So are we. Please show up under estimating us.

Huntingdon by 14. Holder wouldn't be contained

I think this will be a claasic between 2 good 1A schools! I have seen the Mustangs play and they are good they will be hard to handle! From what i hear UC is loaded also depth may become a factor in this one! I would hate to pick a winner in this one it will be a dandy! I hope to make the trip to UC friday night that is if they gran kids will let me. I have 7 gran kids and stay pretty busy with them, but good luck to both teams!! :thumb:

Huntingdon by 14 is almost as bad as UC by 21. We dont believe it will be a blowout by either team. It will be a head banger. We hope you all believe the opposite. PLease believe we are already in your "W" collumn.