Smith Co./ Westmoreland

owls32

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just thinking it was a wacky looking offense is all.

The last I heard, they were running the Single Wing.

It is a funny looking Offense by today's standards, but it used to be used a lot back in the day.

It can be tought to defend.

I was surprised at the outcome. At least it wasn't a district game.

I think everyone was suprised croz.........even Westy. :roflolk:

By the way........I need to apoligize for the previous post. I lowered myself to Shes A Lady standards.

Let me be the 1st to congrat. Westmoreland. They made the plays they had to. SC didn't. Everytime SC would get something going, penalty here,fumble there. Own worst enemy tonight, but Westy deserves the credit. They had penaltys and fumbles too.

What'd you think about the eagles offense tho?

Better than ours tonight....1 good run, 1 busted play where everybody was on the ground after the ball, except the QB, who picked it up and all but walked it in. Other than that....ball control and grind it out, which on a night like tonight was just the ticket. Not going to WOW anybody but if it seems to play well to the talent you have. Water seems to be SC weakness. With what SC does, throwing and catching suffers. Of coarse Westy's defense had a hand in it too.

Boobi, if you see the rest of the Westy bunch (Stampus and the likes) tell them they missed a golden oppertunity to poke a stick at us SC folks tonight. :roflolk:

So water is the weakness huh? I think it's probably the run, but I have only seen the pass game do really well in one game though, CC, so one could say they need to work on both, or get recievers to catch more. Although, very tough to pass on a night like tonight, heard there was like 11 total fumbles or something? Tough luck for the Owls, hard to score when you can't really attempt to do what you do well, the last time I think the rain effected them this bad was in 04' when they squeeked out a 6-0 win at Upperman in the monsoon. I'm sure the coaches will get em' to bounce back.

SC got the running game going a little in the 2nd half. But, like I said, fumble here, penality there. Too much going wrong tonight to just say running game. Too many times, we couldn't even get the ball to the QB, much less the RB. Hey Z....maybe G-ville's weakness is the color gold.....you know black and gold, green and gold, purple and gold......... :twisted:

I believe G-ville...if they keep their heads up, has a chance to win a few the rest of the way.

SC got the running game going a little in the 2nd half. But, like I said, fumble here, penality there. Too much going wrong tonight to just say running game. Too many times, we couldn't even get the ball to the QB, much less the RB. Hey Z....maybe G-ville's weakness is the color gold.....you know black and gold, green and gold, purple and gold......... :roflol:

I believe G-ville...if they keep their heads up, has a chance to win a few the rest of the way.

you may be on to something there :twisted: