Dresden at Gibson County

guruhaji

never notice a winning team's fan, griping like this. But, okay. We are classless. lol. We won't mention that ur players were grabbing the Peanuts of our players in piles. But, that wouldn't be classless......that would be because after seeing the girls available in the area, you chose to make advances towards our players. We do have a sexy bunch. hahaha. Invite us for homecoming again in two years and maybe you will get some dates. Dresden will hit you. Maybe in the back a few times, but never purposely dirty. Crapola happens. We hope there were no serious injuries on GC side. The GC coaching staff is a classy bunch and we look forward to hosting them next year. Good luck the rest of the year. After watching our lions lose 19 straight games, we understand the frustration of losing.

Go Lions

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, your post alone about girls in our area shows the class shown by the Dresden fans and players. I'd hope you're still in high school after saying that because you sounded like a teenage kid saying it. Surely, you aren't a grown adult walking around and checking out high school girls! You say you have a sexy bunch of players.... PLEASE DON'T TELL ME YOUR A DUDE. I'd hate to have to make you an example of what's wrong with America these days.

Unfortunately, there was a serious injury last night that caused a player to wind up in the emergency room thanks to the cheap blatant head shot! You say Dresden will hit us... Yea, RIGHT IN THE BACK!!!! If you say it wasn't dirty, you're dumb and don't know football. Every full speed blatant shot to the back is done on purpose for the most part as players think it's a cheap shot. I'm frustrated about losing, yes, but I'd rather lose with class than win without class. Maybe your coaches over there should show the players/fans a thing about showing class and winning with dignity. I understand it's hard to do when you don't win many games, but win GC wins we don't act like fools about it! Dresden is a better team this year, but I lost all respect for the school and the program as did many others last night.

Dresden is a better team this year. Congrats!

Your players are classless and cheap hitting athletes. If you're going to play football, play it with some class! You purposely knocked a player out last night! Yes, I saw it with my own eyes. His helmet came off and another player saw it was a cheap shot and nailed him with his helmet. While he was laying there knocked out, Dresden players were up walking around and laughing, yes I could hear them over on our side. Pretty sorry! Also, Dresden was blocking in the back all night, the noseguard was lined up in the neutral zone all night, ya'll were nailing our players after the whistle, and intentionally trying to hurt our players. YOU, the fans, decided to tailgate down by the GC fieldhouse after the game. That was all fine and dandy. However, the trash you all left in the parking lot indicates what kind of classless fans you all are as well! Dresden lost my respect after last night!

You sound like a teen age girl. That's almost like me talking about how on every dresden kickoff (which there was several) complaining about how the middle two guys on the front chopped every single time. Your not supposed to do that either, but it happens in every game.

As far as cheap shotting in the back ALL night i'm sure there was a few both ways, but if they had been hitting in the back the whole night i'm pretty sure those people getting paid to be there on the field would have at least called on of them. The same goes for the neutral zone your complaining about. If he was there ALL night don't you think they woulda called it? And if he was you need to be posting on a TSSAA board about how many calls were missed that night. Seriously.

As far as the guy that got hurt with his helment i too saw that and the kid was already in position to tackle him when his hat came off. I doubt the laws of physics would allow him to stop all his forward motion in a split second. Along with the other two ref's who were there that would have thrown a flag if they thought it was so intentional. Don't you think?

I agree that is pretty sorry about leaving trash everywhere and if that was the case that should be taken care of but the rest is part of the game. They pay those guys in white shirts to control it and those "cheap shots" and i'm sure they didn't see everything but having only one personal foul penalty the whole game i'm going to say you need to pay a little closer attention and get a better grasp of whats going on.

Talking another thing about being classy was number 4's taunting with they first touch down. That was pretty classy. Tell the kid to act like he's scored a touch down for christs sake. And that being down by 4 scores isn't the best time to pull something like that.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! You obviously DID NOT see him get hit or you just admitted to the fact that Dresden does not know how to play legal football. You said he was tackled, lol. #3, Matt Smith, DID NOT have the ball and was NOWHERE around where the ball was when he got knocked out!!!! Sherrod Johnson was running the ball and he was gone to the other side of the field (towards Dresden's sideline) when the Dresden player knocked Matt out! I have talked to someone that has seen tape and I was told that the nose guard was lined in the neutral zone all night and it wasn't called. TAPE DOESN'T LIE! Some of those hit in the backs and some of those late hits were called, however if they were to call every block in the back and every late hit, we'd still be watching that game right now! Also, tell you center he can't pick the ball up every play and place it down again! He's going to get blasted when a noseguard catches onto that and knocks him off his block like your 450 lb. noseguard did to our center for no reason. Like I said, tape doesn't lie. Gibson Co. fans are not the only fans that have complained about the way the Dresden team plays and how the Dresden fans act. Dresden is starting to gain a bad reputation for it's program and fans!

Nope, #3 was Matt Smith who played free safety and was a receiver on offense and is one of quickest on the team. Our QB is #7 Lee Whittaker. Matt played QB last year.

An update on Matt...... He has a grade 3 concussion from what I was told. It's not the first concussion he has had. From what I was told, the coaches are going to talk with him Monday on his future. After so many concussions at his age, there needs to be a limit on something like that. Matt is a great player and I wish him the best through all of this!

Re: Mckenzie vs. Dresden

by GCPioneer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:17 pm

"HAHAHA, YOU'RE RIDICULOUS! Ya'll got past the 50 yard line maybe twice in that scrimmage, lol. First, you said ya'll only had 1 player out. Now, you say 3 players out. You should just stick to complaining about schools being bigger than you instead of acting like beating GC in a scrimmage was winning the superbowl, lol. If Dresden would beat us this year, why'd we pitch a shutout on 'em last year and beat 'em 48-0? We only graduated like 3-4 key players. 2 were Off. Linemen and 1 was a DE. We have all the skilled players back this year. Dresden IS NOT 48 points better than last year, sorry!"

Oh please, could everyone just grow up?! No one ever wants a kids to get hurt and our thoughts and prayers are with that young man and his family. As far a garbage being left don't you think y'all left garbage at our place last year? Give me a break. Dirty playing? Have you ever watched a game where there were not any blocks in the back, holding, etc.? Like the other guy said, that's what the refs get paid for. You are right about one thing tapes don't lie so instead of pouting and crying why don't we give players on both sides the credit they deserve. After all it's not about the fans anyway. The boys on both sides played very well. Dresden's defense was great! They were all over the ball and put great pressure on the QB. GC played to the end and did not give up. I like that. It shows heart. Good job to both teams. Dresden's coaching staff did a better job this game and we appreciate that. As far a loosing respect for Dresden, their fans, coaching staff, football program, and everyone else in Dresden most of whom were not even there just remember one thing........you really shouldn't worry so much about other people's mistakes when you are not perfect yourself. If each of us took as much time paying attention to our own faults and trying not to repeat them as you have crying about this game the world would be a much better place! Good luck to both teams the rest of the season and especially to the young man that was hurt!

GCPioneer,

What I find interesting in all this is before the game you were talking all kinds of trash say how Dresden was not going to beat GC and that GC beat them by 40 points or so last year, ect. Now that Dresden has taken GC behind the woodshed all you want to talk about is how classless and dirty the team, school and town are. Dresden has the exact same players, minus 3 or 4, the exact same coaching staff add 2 new coaches as they did last year when GC won the game big, but I don't recall seeing anything then or anytime before the game Friday night about Dresden being classless and dirty. It sounds to me like you were expecting to win and not only did your team lost but they got killed.

As far as tailgating after the game and where it took place, many teams in the area do that. The parents and boosters feed the team and they do so by the locker room. If I recall from last time I was at GC's field the visitors' locker room is right by GC's. That wasn't trying to rub anything in it was just where the locker room was at. As far as the trash, it should have been picked up, you might want to call the administration at Dresden and let them know, I'm sure they would take care of that for the future since it is not much you can do about last Friday at this time.

Good luck the rest of the way. I hope the player that was injured is better and he is in my prayers.

....and my first comment on this after the game was that Dresden is a better team this year and congrats to them! Go back and look at it.

Go take a look at the Milan/Humboldt thread where I mentioned something about the way Dresden's team and fans act. Some of the Milan fans feel the same way I did!!! If I remember correctly, people were complaining about Dresden hitting players after the whistle on the McKenzie and Dresden thread. It seems like it's a constant thing coming from Dresden. They play extremely dirty. I don't care what anyone says. I admit Dresden is ALOT better than last year and awesome job to the team and coaches working hard to achieve that! This is my last post on this thread as this could go on for days. My opinion isn't going to change.

Well GC Pioneer lets get all the story straight for sure! When your player got hurt I think all our players went to there knees, sidelines and all, and when he made his way around the back side of the field on our side applauded him and said we hope he is going to be OK!!!!!! as far as the trash i walked around with a trash bag trying to keep the mess at a minimum. I know for a fact that some of the mothers were the last to leave and picked up garbage as well. Now if we left any garbage at ALL, then I will apologize but don't exaggerate your story like the score was at the end of our game. I can't remember the score because we are past that game and moving on to the next team we play. It seems like you need to do the same :roflol: RRRRRRROOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!