M&M BOWL "IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN"

dou

A win is win no matter how good or bad you look doing it and the same goes for a loss. There is much to be learned from both. Munford looked better than I thought they would. That short passing game was pretty effective at times. That is a page of the play book that the Trojans should steal. I wish them all the luck in the future and it looks like yall made a good hire. I would like to give kudos to the players who were playing hurt and the ones who had been sick during the week. Time to prepare for next week.

FIGHT TROJANS FIGHT

NEVER GIVE UP.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, the Munford coaching doesn't seemed to be afraid to mix it up and take chances. I believe their on the way to building a great program.

GREAT program?.... Now, Let's not put the chicken before the egg.... At least they are on the way to building a competitive program. There is going to have to be a huge influx of speed and athleticism before the word GREAT can be used in the same sentence as Munford. Munford did not roll over and play dead this past week. This is a good sign. But, by the same token, they never threatened to score either. Which isn't a good sign. I am sure we will see a much better team in next years m&m bowl. Year two is always much better than year one in a rebuilding process.

Go Trojans!!

I hope we see a better game by our Trojans next year. Sloppy play by us. We should be sharper by now. We are 4 games into the season and still looking flat and making mistakes that should be worked out by now. Too much experience to be playing like that..Come on coach....

WOW.. negative so negative,,, I didn't think it was so bad for a team that only had a day and a half of practice last week and besides I ask you to try and find all the penalties that were called on us.. was it sloppy play or sloppy officials? Either way WE ARE THE TROJANS.. BELIEVE MAN BELIEVE...

I hope we see a better game by our Trojans next year. Sloppy play by us. We should be sharper by now. We are 4 games into the season and still looking flat and making mistakes that should be worked out by now. Too much experience to be playing like that..Come on coach....

WOW.. negative so negative,,, I didn't think it was so bad for a team that only had a day and a half of practice last week and besides I ask you to try and find all the penalties that were called on us.. was it sloppy play or sloppy officials? Either way WE ARE THE TROJANS.. BELIEVE MAN BELIEVE...

Mokie, do you think the Trojans looked sharp Friday night? We are four games into the season with about 14 returning starters and we had one good game (Bartlett). A day and a half practice was what I think hurt us. They needed to practice last Monday. Besides they have been practicing since August. It was bad officiating, I agree. We also did not look good in our play. We didnt score a point in the whole second half against a team that is rebuilding. Defense did great although.

Some people take criticism to be negatism. Not the same thing. I am fully committed to the Trojans as I have my own blood on the field...I also feel that you do everything in your power to make your team better. Whatever it takes, go the extra mile, do a few extra drills, practice a little more intensely. Bust a player out if they screw up and show them how to do it right, then when they do praise them profusely, pat them on the back and tell em good job!

I think we do have some coaching issues....hard to ignore some of the things that has happened the past few years in play calling and personell changes. I just feel we should be better by now with our experience.

I do believe, but you have to put those beliefs to proper action and I promise you will see results and everybodys belief goes through the roof!!

Final word.....family can squabble and disagree, but I hate it when an outsider comes over and trys to talk trash. Stay on the Mill-REHS thread.

This is all I am going to say on the subject. History had shown recently that when we don't get to practice very much during the week that we struggle during the game that Friday night. Last year we struggled against Craigmont, Ridgeway and White Station because we didn't practice very much during those weeks. Now you can say whatever you want concerning not being able to practice because of the rain. But if it's raining Friday night, do you think they are going to cancel the game? I don't think so.

You don't have to go all out and risk someone getting hurt but you need to be able to see how your kids will do in the wet stuff and you can make adjustments from there.

Sorry for the delay but I was trying to get over the debacle in the 'boro... Sad, sad game there.

I promised to give you a report on the visitors side and the seats were really nice. The rain was tough but its football in the south so sometimes you get wet. Liked the extra width (don't like why they fit me better) and the ability to walk out through the little tunnel deals was a smart move since folks tend to congregate on the end near concessions.

The game was about what I expected. Munford had one of their offensive line starters that played limited time (2 series) because of the flu. They had opportunities but it was one of those nights for the QBs, just couldn't put it in the right place. Defensive effort was OK but they were on the field a lot of the time. Same situation as Hardin County, dig a hole that is very hard to overcome in the second half.

Trojans looked OK, not great but as usual their defense swarms the ball and regardless of speed they still have a solid run game. Not saying they aren't good but there were numerous mistakes that affected their drives. Need to do somethng with the kicking game since that can really haunt you in close games. Good victory since anything on the Win column is a good thing.

Officials were inconsistant and that made for some bumps in the flow of the game for both teams. I won't go any farther here because I thought they made some questionable calls on both sides.

All in all, it was a fun night and I think Munford is building. They aren't the same one dimensional team as past years and hopefully they can get the passing game (I do agree the short ones were effective) in form for the rest of the games. Based on the posts it appears Millington limited their practice time, do they not go in the gym when it rains? I know Munford did but also got some outside time during the week.

Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.