White Station Vs. CBHS

fourthree

Now this will be a very good test for both of these teams. Unlike Whitehaven, CBHS will try to use its size and strength advantage to pound it out against WS. They will attempt to do what Ridgeway did with much success, except to the tune of 4 or more yards a carry and 6+ minutes a possession. If CBHS has success with its ground game, it will keep the clock moving and keep the WS offense off the field and allow them a great chance to win.

But with that said, I predict that White Station will win this game. If this were week 0 or 1, I probably would pick CBHS in a very close game- only due to the advantage in preparation that seems to be the case very early in the season for private schools in most instances and defenses normally being ahead of offenses very early in the year. White Station has good coaching, a decent kicking game, good skill players, and most importantly in this particular match-up- too much speed and skill for CBHS. Due to its sound coaching, kicking game, strength, and discipline, CBHS will make this a game for a while. But with only a slight strength and maybe only a moderate kicking game advantage for CBHS, I see White Station eventually winning this game going away.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark has it right....it's at CBHS.

I think there's a couple of factors at play in this game. The biggest will be turnovers. I think the game could be close, and if WS takes care of the ball, I think they'll win. One note....we do have too many penalties, an ill-timed penalty could become huge in closely contested games.

The other concern is does WS show up as in week 1 and 3, or do they not show up as in week 2? In the event CBHS wins, I won't automatically assume we pulled a week 2 no-show. CBHS could win just because they're better. But if we make so many mental errors and no-hustle plays as in the Ridgeway game, we'll make it easy for the Bro's. I do believe we'll show up and be fine.....IF we win the turnover battle.

I'm not overlooking CBHS ability to run the ball. I just think the 325 yds a game was a one time problem.

I think there's a couple of factors at play in this game. The biggest will be turnovers. I think the game could be close, and if WS takes care of the ball, I think they'll win. One note....we do have too many penalties, an ill-timed penalty could become huge in closely contested games.

The other concern is does WS show up as in week 1 and 3, or do they not show up as in week 2? In the event CBHS wins, I won't automatically assume we pulled a week 2 no-show. CBHS could win just because they're better. But if we make so many mental errors and no-hustle plays as in the Ridgeway game, we'll make it easy for the Bro's. I do believe we'll show up and be fine.....IF we win the turnover battle.

I'm not overlooking CBHS ability to run the ball. I just think the 325 yds a game was a one time problem.

SpartansFan,

I sho ain't gonna pick your team to lose this time! :P

Man, I had to eat some serious crow last Friday-- when I picked WH to beat ya'll by 10 points. Boy, was I ever wrong! That worse-than-poor prediction made me feel that I need to hurry up and get back to the drawing board!!

In a nutshell, I view this game very similarily to Fourthree.

I would like to add...I think that WS is gonna have a field-day passing the ball vs CBHS! Burton will not be given many opportunities (if any, at all) to pop huge returns. As a result, W.S will have to earn its points exclusively via its offense.... CBHS will get its share of rushing yards....It just won't be enough to overcome WS' superior offense (I expect a very proficient outing).

Prediction: White Station 20 -- CBHS 17

----------------------------------

I hate that I'm gonna miss this game.... My wife and I are very likely to wind up at the OB - BA game.... I think that this will be the 1st time in the history of the Universe that I've ever cheered for Brentwood Academy!!!! :angry:

SpartansFan,

I sho ain't gonna pick your team to lose this time! :thumb:

Man, I had to eat some serious crow last Friday-- when I picked WH to beat ya'll by 10 points. Boy, was I ever wrong! That worse-than-poor prediction made me feel that I need to hurry up and get back to the drawing board!!

In a nutshell, I view this game very similarily to Fourthree.

I would like to add...I think that WS is gonna have a field-day passing the ball vs CBHS! Burton will not be given many opportunities (if any, at all) to pop huge returns. As a result, W.S will have to earn its points exclusively via its offense.... CBHS will get its share of rushing yards....It just won't be enough to overcome WS' superior offense (I expect a very proficient outing).

Prediction: White Station 20 -- CBHS 17

----------------------------------

I hate that I'm gonna miss this game.... My wife and I are very likely to wind up at the OB - BA game.... I think that this will be the 1st time in the history of the Universe that I've ever cheered for Brentwood Academy!!!! :thumb:

Well, your WS vs WH pick was the result of what WH had done through games 1 and 2, and of course WS's game vs Ridgeway was a huge factor in your pick. Logical stuff....

The only reason I felt we could do better is because I had witnessed better play from these guys in the Briarcrest game and in practices, etc.

The OB-BA should be a great game! I look forward to hearing your re-cap of it.

I don't have a dog in this fight ... well ... yes I do. WS is a District 16 team and therefore I am pulling for them. I also want them to beat a knot on CBHS's head ... just so that I can feel better about the butt whipping they put on my team last week ... LOL.

WS 28 ... CBHS 14

CBHS over the Spartans 21 - 10.

I doubt very seriously that CBHS will hold White Station to just 1 touchdown!

---------------------------------

I attended the CBHS - Melrose game. Melrose's one-dimensional offense scored 2 touchdowns and, if it weren't for a ton of drive-killing turnovers, would likely have scored at least one more TD!

White Station's offense is more balanced, less mistake-prone and, overall, much more potent than Melrose's. While I think that Melrose's QB is a more dangerous passer, make no mistake about it -- White Station's QB has proven that he can get the job done....on the ground or thru the air. This dual-threat will give CBHS' defense fits all night long.

I believe that WS will score 3 Touchdowns. If CBHS makes the mistake of kicking the ball to Julian Burton, then the odds are greater that WS will score an additional 7 to 10 points. That's almost 30 points total!

CBHS' offense is nowhere near as prolific as White Station's. They simply will not be able to keep pace with White Station....unless White Station turns the ball over, multiple times, in it's own territory! Even so, I still don't think that CBHS' defense is stout enough to prevent WS from squeezing out a narrow victory!