Greenbrier vs Portland predictions

gunright01

This is a game that Portland fans had put in the win column before the season even started. The word around town is that if Portland can't win this Friday they will go 0-10. :thumb:

I am going with Greenbrier this week 21-3.

i really doubt that portland has put a w in the column before the season. sorry greenbrier fans he used to coach at portland.

I am NOT a former coach, nor have I ever coached. Dude, you need to get a grip. You need to quit apologizing for other posters and focus on yourself. I am allowed to get on this website and voice my opinions, just like you are. Greenbrier fans, I apologize that you have to be exposed to this nonsense. This site is supposed to be all in good fun. I don't know why gunright takes this so seriously.

The only reason that gunright started this thread was to get his own bulletin board material. Grow up.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a game that Portland fans had put in the win column before the season even started. The word around town is that if Portland can't win this Friday they will go 0-10. :thumb:

I am going with Greenbrier this week 21-3.

i really doubt that portland has put a w in the column before the season. sorry greenbrier fans he used to coach at portland.

I am NOT a former coach, nor have I ever coached. Dude, you need to get a grip. You need to quit apologizing for other posters and focus on yourself. I am allowed to get on this website and voice my opinions, just like you are. Greenbrier fans, I apologize that you have to be exposed to this nonsense. This site is supposed to be all in good fun. I don't know why gunright takes this so seriously.

The only reason that gunright started this thread was to get his own bulletin board material. Grow up.

my bad coach didnt mean to make you mad dude

Maybe it will be a good game but the fact is Portland has not proved themselves. Portland is not what they used to be. Portland has kids playing the game just for the fact they live in what used to be a football town. They get smacked by greenwood, tossed around by Whitehouse, and get ripped by station camp the only game i saw was greenwood and that was embarrassing. People used to fear playing Portland but now people are schedualing them for homecoming. Maybe one day they will turn it around. Good luck to both teams friday but im taking Greenbrier by 21.

I apologize Panther Fans for the way GUNRIGHT 01 is talking he is not a Portland fan just trying to make a scene. I know for a fact he is either a COACH or PLAYER for PORTLAND. So ignore all the post. Don’t know why you would put our team down like that. I HOPE YOU ARE NOT THE ONE trying to LEAD our BOYS to VICTORY. IF so no wonder WHY we are STRUGGLING. Good Luck Friday (Panthers) and don’t listen to all the negative people like GUNRIGHT01. Keep playing hard and we will get that 1st win.

I would like to comment on some of the posts made on this thread. And no, I am not a current nor a former coach.

First, I believe that Portland FANS did put a W on the Greenbrier game before the season started. However, they also expected a win over Greenwood which obviously didn't happen so some of them may have changed their minds by now. :lol:

Second, gunright01 has a ridiculous obsession that everyone who posts about the Panthers must be former coach. HE has not made sense by originally posting in support of Portland and now suddenly turning on them which makes me think that he is the one trying to get bulletin board material to fire up his players. But that can't be right since Portland coaches and players NEVER read this site because it is "poisonous" (per the Portland leader dude). :lol: :lol:

Third, Roger Perry is a GREAT football coach but not a miracle worker. If you think he would consider coming back to PTown, you're smokin' something. He's also a very insightful man. Why do you think he left in the first place?!! :lol:

Fourth, Bobcats 21, Panthers 7. :|

Greenbrier by 2-3 touchdowns at least

Portland fans will have to keep in mind that "howdoitknow" aka Catfish, and his team is Cheatham County which Greenbrier has yet to play. Since we beat his almamater this past week, Sycamore, and Catfish is a radio announcer for Cheatham I am pretty sure he hasn't seen Greenbrier play. He's just trying to give Portland some "bulletin board" material to fuel the fire, cause he sure is hoping you guys "pay us back".

Now mind you, I am thinking my Cats can pull off a win but coming into Portland is a tough gig. Train whistles, and all the talk about Portland being better this year may be different for some of the new starters for Greenbrier, and Portland can take two different attitudes...a defeated on or a fed up one. Regardless, the Cats are going to come to play and they will play tough....and leave everything on the field.

Good luck to both teams....

(Oh, and the followup response from the former poster will be to call me names and put his notorious littel laughing face at the end. It's Classic JJ-style. :lol:

Keep baiting Cat. he'll be gone by mid-season. I see your Cats winning this one and the younger Cats getting some game experience. I'll go with 28-6 Cats. Portland has a long way to go and the fans dont seem to have the patience to give the new coach time to rebuild a program. Sad, Portland was at one time a feared team. They will be again if they give their new coach some time. If they dont it will be like this every 3 or 4 years

"Third, Roger Perry is a GREAT football coach but not a miracle worker. If you think he would consider coming back to PTown, you're smokin' something. He's also a very insightful man. Why do you think he left in the first place?!!"

I never said he was considering coming back...I said the only way they would win a game this year, is if he did come back...and that's not going to happen. Why don't you read the post, and look at the end of the comment with a laughing face on there. Get a grip

"Third, Roger Perry is a GREAT football coach but not a miracle worker. If you think he would consider coming back to PTown, you're smokin' something. He's also a very insightful man. Why do you think he left in the first place?!!"

I never said he was considering coming back...I said the only way they would win a game this year, is if he did come back...and that's not going to happen. Why don't you read the post, and look at the end of the comment with a laughing face on there. Get a grip

I'm just saying even HE couldn't win a game here anymore. He was the greatest coach Portland has had but couldn't do better than 3rd or 4th in the region EVEN IN 3A the last few years he was here. Go back and look at the teams Portland was playing back then. The man did the best he could with what he had. He saw the writing on the wall and that's why he's gone.

Greenbrier by 2-3 touchdowns at least

Portland fans will have to keep in mind that "howdoitknow" aka Catfish, and his team is Cheatham County which Greenbrier has yet to play. Since we beat his almamater this past week, Sycamore, and Catfish is a radio announcer for Cheatham I am pretty sure he hasn't seen Greenbrier play. He's just trying to give Portland some "bulletin board" material to fuel the fire, cause he sure is hoping you guys "pay us back".

Now mind you, I am thinking my Cats can pull off a win but coming into Portland is a tough gig. Train whistles, and all the talk about Portland being better this year may be different for some of the new starters for Greenbrier, and Portland can take two different attitudes...a defeated on or a fed up one. Regardless, the Cats are going to come to play and they will play tough....and leave everything on the field.

It's just beyond me to imagine Portland being this week.

Good luck to both teams....

(Oh, and the followup response from the former poster will be to call me names and put his notorious littel laughing face at the end. It's Classic JJ-style. :twisted:

Keep baiting Cat. he'll be gone by mid-season. I see your Cats winning this one and the younger Cats getting some game experience. I'll go with 28-6 Cats. Portland has a long way to go and the fans dont seem to have the patience to give the new coach time to rebuild a program. Sad, Portland was at one time a feared team. They will be again if they give their new coach some time. If they dont it will be like this every 3 or 4 years

This was one heck of a roller coaster ride. There must have been 15 turnovers in this game! Just when you thought the Panthers were going to roll with a 14-0 lead in the 1st quarter, the Bobcats tie it up just before half. Just when you think the Bobcats are going to go ahead by 21 in the 4th quarter, the Panthers intercept in the end zone and go on to tie the game up in the 4th. Just when you think the game is going into overtime - bad snap over the Portland Punter's head = Game winning TD with seconds to go by the Bobcats. Great game by both teams!! Sorry someone had to lose that one. Bobcats 35 Portland 28.

This was one heck of a roller coaster ride. There must have been 15 turnovers in this game! Just when you thought the Panthers were going to roll with a 14-0 lead in the 1st quarter, the Bobcats tie it up just before half. Just when you think the Bobcats are going to go ahead by 21 in the 4th quarter, the Panthers intercept in the end zone and go on to tie the game up in the 4th. Just when you think the game is going into overtime - bad snap over the Portland Punter's head = Game winning TD with seconds to go by the Bobcats. Great game by both teams!! Sorry someone had to lose that one. Bobcats 35 Portland 28.

I agree Ogor, hate to see someone have to lose a hard fought game like that one. It was very obvious once the Panthers got on the board that they tasted blood and wanted it bad. Crabtree got loose on the Cats twice and was gone. The Cats came back and scored twice in under five minutes at the end of the half just to start the game over. Just when it looked like we were running away with it, the field tilted their way and from then on it was a nailbiter. Glad to see the crowds on both sides get into the slugfest. Good luck to the Panthers next week and congrats to our Cats for not giving up. Hot, steamy night but a great win makes it all worth it.

STILL hate the train whistle. :roflolk: