SHlion99

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone except Middleton has now played one district game:

Adamsville over TCA by 11

Riverside over So.Gibson by 5 (So. Gibson held their own & led at one point)

Scotts Hill over Madison by 9

I attended the SH/ Madison game, and had forgotten how Coach Patterson subs relentlessly at every stoppage. It is hard to watch and personally drives me crazy, but I know it has worked for him in the past.

I must say I was most surprised by 1) Adamsville defeating TCA, 2) So Gibson - only Freshmen & Sophomores I think - playing Riverside so well. I know some of you have mentioned that they may surprise some people this year, and they appear to be on their way. 3) No mention was made at the GAME (at Madison), but Britney Montgomery of Scotts Hill quietly scored her 1000th point at Madison. I noticed it in the Jackson Sun the following day.

• 4 weeks later...

After a few district games, I have attended at least one game played by every team except So. Gibson.

Here's my opinion of the district as of today:

1) Middleton

2) Scotts Hill

3) Adamsville

4) Madison

5) Riverside (I know TCA defeated them but Riverside led the entire game & lost on a buzzer beater. I feel Riverside is a better team. Just my opinion)

6) TCA

7) South Gibson

• 2 weeks later...

A few district notes/ observations:

* Middleton - idle last night- still cruising along undefeated in district AND overall. They beat their closest district rival Scotts Hill (17-2, 6-1 now) by 30+ at Middleton.

* TCA seems to have suffered some key injuries to their bigs, and are in a bit of a slump.

* South Gibson won their 1st district game last night by 3pts, at home vs. Riverside.

* I watched Madison @ Scotts Hill last night. Coach Patterson's substitution strategy makes for a very difficult game to watch LOL. He even used it in the JV game, where the clock wasn't even being stopped. :|

* Middleton - idle last night- still cruising along undefeated in district AND overall. They beat their closest district rival Scotts Hill (17-2, 6-1 now) by 30+ at Middleton.

* TCA seems to have suffered some key injuries to their bigs, and are in a bit of a slump.

* South Gibson won their 1st district game last night by 3pts, at home vs. Riverside.

* I watched Madison @ Scotts Hill last night. Coach Patterson's substitution strategy makes for a very difficult game to watch LOL. He even used it in the JV game, where the clock wasn't even being stopped. :|

There is not 1 team left on Middleton's schedule that will beat them..!

As a matter of fact..they look to have a great chance of making it to State..I dont see anyone in the region that will beat them either so it looks like Gleason,Greenfield,Lake Co or maybe Bradford,etc will be coming to Middleton..That may be a tough chore at Middleton but at least Middleton will have 1 tough test..Lake Co has played on the road in a tournament in Kentucky and in small gyms like Bradford so hopefully that wont be a factor..Same as Greenfield ..everyone back and will have played in some tough places like Lake Co.,Greenfield and Bradford..etc.!

Middleton is with out a doubt the best team in the district. Scotts Hill so far has only had two close games both to madison even though Scotts Hill was in control most of the game they just couldn't get a huge lead. They beat TCA, Adamsville, Riverside, and South Gibson all pretty convincingly and when they went to Middleton they got murdered. Middleton is on a completely different level than the rest of these teams in the district. Scotts Hill I think is defiantly the second best team in the district. Unless District 16-A has improved teams from the past I think which I have no clue so if anybody knows please tell I think we will get to see a Middleton vs. Scotts Hill game 3 more times. One more in the regular season and then in the District Championship, and then in Regional.

Middleton is with out a doubt the best team in the district. Scotts Hill so far has only had two close games both to madison even though Scotts Hill was in control most of the game they just couldn't get a huge lead. They beat TCA, Adamsville, Riverside, and South Gibson all pretty convincingly and when they went to Middleton they got murdered. Middleton is on a completely different level than the rest of these teams in the district. Scotts Hill I think is defiantly the second best team in the district. Unless District 16-A has improved teams from the past I think which I have no clue so if anybody knows please tell I think we will get to see a Middleton vs. Scotts Hill game 3 more times. One more in the regular season and then in the District Championship, and then in Regional.

I believe you're right..No betetr time to beat them until the regional finals..Send Middleton to Lake Co.,Greenfield,Gleason or maybe even Bradford,Humboldt or Trenton..I've never liked going to Bradford and thinking about a sure win..very tough place to play..Greenfield is tough at home as well and Lake Co hasnt lost a home game in a couple seasons and just beat Greenfield and a verg Good Dyersburg team really bad at Lake Co..That could be tough also for some teams..!

* I watched Madison @ Scotts Hill last night. Coach Patterson's substitution strategy makes for a very difficult game to watch LOL. He even used it in the JV game, where the clock wasn't even being stopped. :lol:

There is not 1 team left on Middleton's schedule that will beat them..!

As a matter of fact..they look to have a great chance of making it to State..I dont see anyone in the region that will beat them either so it looks like Gleason,Greenfield,Lake Co or maybe Bradford,etc will be coming to Middleton..That may be a tough chore at Middleton but at least Middleton will have 1 tough test..Lake Co has played on the road in a tournament in Kentucky and in small gyms like Bradford so hopefully that wont be a factor..Same as Greenfield ..everyone back and will have played in some tough places like Lake Co.,Greenfield and Bradford..etc.!

middleton has had plenty of tough tests this season. first off against humboldt, where they pulled off a 3 point win against a very dangerous viking team....everyone talks about gleason, greenfield, etc....people better not sleep on humboldt. could pose a huge prob in the tourneys. middleton has also beaten a very good lexington team, who imo has quite a bit of talent. theyve beaten mcnairy at mcnairy and hardin co as well, so dont underrate middleton's schedule. and as for beating scotts hill by 35, dont underestimate scotts hill either; they are very talented and are very big for a single A school. their record speaks for itself and beating them will be as equally difficult as beating middleton, if both teams were to get in the substate round.

Yea it's hard beating a good team 4 times in one season even though it did happen to Scotts Hill 3 years ago when TCA beat us 4 times but I dont think that will happen this year. Maybe we can hold our win until the regional championship and get to host sub-state!! If Scotts Hill host a sub-state game it will be very hard to beat them there. Is there any teams that can challenge Scotts Hill and Middleton in Regionals??

Yea it's hard beating a good team 4 times in one season even though it did happen to Scotts Hill 3 years ago when TCA beat us 4 times but I dont think that will happen this year. Maybe we can hold our win until the regional championship and get to host sub-state!! If Scotts Hill host a sub-state game it will be very hard to beat them there. Is there any teams that can challenge Scotts Hill and Middleton in Regionals??

As long as Patterson is coaching Madison Academic, they will always be a threat come tournament time. Patterson has always been able to find ways to win games, even those that he had no business winning, and he has done it at times with not a whole lot of talent or depth. This year's team is not as strong or experienced as last years, but overlooking them both in the District 15A and Region 7A Tournament could be very costly for Scotts Hill or Middleton.

As long as Patterson is coaching Madison Academic, they will always be a threat come tournament time. Patterson has always been able to find ways to win games, even those that he had no business winning, and he has done it at times with not a whole lot of talent or depth. This year's team is not as strong or experienced as last years, but overlooking them both in the District 15A and Region 7A Tournament could be very costly for Scotts Hill or Middleton.

Scotts Hill defiantly won't be overlooking madison considering they are the only team to play us close besides middleton destroying us but my question was directed towards teams from district 16A