South Greene @ Greeneville

lastyear21

Gville is in for a rude awakening Fri night as much as it upsets me to say. You have one good athlete in the wide reciever #87 if SG shuts him down its all over. Gville does not have an explosive go to back this year and a weak QB. Just face it Gville is not that good this year. SG is a whole lot better than what most expected.

So are the Vols.... :D

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man don't get mad!Maybe Greeneville needs to play WG and SG non conference schedule!Bring your lawn chair on october 2 you will need it.lol

Greeneville wld never play them in a non-conference schedule...

The reason beeing wld be there is no point...Thats why the devils have 2 losses...they are playing teams that are tough unlike the buffs and rebels...if you wanna win conference games you have to schedule tough non conference ones...

Hey Greeneville1# . Keep putting your foot in your mouth . You are good at it! The down side of your posts is that it reflects on the team ,school but most of all the KIDS!!! Grow up!

i agree his post is tru... u need hard non conference games.. but the buffs and rebels r playing hard non conference games for them... yeah g-vegas might beat those teams but i mean its hard to play 4a teams wen yout not that big of school but hey they get there shot... now lets c wat the outcome is... its gonna b good smash-mouth football friday

If Greeneville tries to run the ball like they did against betsy, sg will have a chance. They're going to have to incorporate, #87 into their offense, he's the best weapon we got. also if he runs bj play in and play out up the middle he's going to get wore out again, and wont be as effective on D. Let trey run the ball, he can do it he's proved it before. If coach will call plays like he did against jeff co. then look out sg, but if it's like last weeks game, i think the devils could be in for a rude awakening.

South Greene doesn't have near the size up front as Betsy had so the run will be much more effective. If they use jamel as a power back like i think they will, they will pound it up the middle all night. SG has shown they struggle against a powerful run....That should open up the passing game nicely.

who's jamel? hall? he doesn't run the ball, and the passing game has been open but the coach wont call passing plays.

if Story is still out with his ankle, Hall is an excellent choice for short yardage up the middle....we really missd Chaz's size at Betsy. Having a big quick guy who can bust it up the middle is neccessary for a truly balanced offense. If I knew I might not have Chaz, I might just sneak in a couple of plays converting my speedy 250 lb lineman into a power back...

If Greeneville tries to run the ball like they did against betsy, sg will have a chance. They're going to have to incorporate, #87 into their offense, he's the best weapon we got. also if he runs bj play in and play out up the middle he's going to get wore out again, and wont be as effective on D. Let trey run the ball, he can do it he's proved it before. If coach will call plays like he did against jeff co. then look out sg, but if it's like last weeks game, i think the devils could be in for a rude awakening.

You really must not be much of a fan huh? Greeneville's offense has probably been 60% run the last two years, nothing different this year. It takes 11 guys on the field playing their responsibilties to make any play work. If one person messes up, it can ruin the whole play. The offensive line has struggled from my perspective. Yes the run plays seem to be "Up the Middle" but in your case when you have no clue what your talking about, It all looks the same. Greeneville hasn't ran outside in the past two years probably not going to now. Maybe in conference play. I bet you have never strapped up, have you? or you're a player who is unhappy about not getting the ball or something. Running backs are only as good as the meat eaters that block for them. Believe it or not. The play calls against Volunteer, Science Hill, Grainger, Jeff. Co., Sullivan South, and Elizabethton have all seemed to be the same as the ones that were ran last year and the year before.

P.S. I look forward to some "no football smarts" comeback too.

Word on the range is Dalton Boles has offers from USC, Alabama, and Carson-Newman is giving him a full ride. Anyone heard about this?? :thumb: :justwrestle:

Dalton will have to gain about 7 inches and 60 pounds, and about 5 tenths on that 40 to even get a phone call. If he was timed by a big time college coach he would probably be in the 4.85-4.9 range maybe. I know the Buff faithful will say that Case timed him faster than that, but that goes right along with all of the smoke Case has big blowing out there on the range. Every one gets letters and questionaires. Thats just the honest truth. Every good player on every team gets letters. How do these funny as #@%% rumors get started. I will tell you that the Devils probably got about 2-4 players that may play football at the 1-AA or D-2 levels. Nobody recruits this area anyway, too many quiters around the NET.

Oh yeah, back to the game at Burley ( probably a bigger hill than Rebel Hill). Devils by 31!

actually NET does get recuiting... if and only if the coach helps out the player.... we r in the middle of no where... and some schools in this area have never been heard of.. idk if anyone got a to a D1 school last year.. but there were a lot 2 yrs ago.. ie phillips plus some from mo west went to UAB... i mean if etsu had a team then more would b recuited i beileve

actually NET does get recuiting... if and only if the coach helps out the player.... we r in the middle of no where... and some schools in this area have never been heard of.. idk if anyone got a to a D1 school last year.. but there were a lot 2 yrs ago.. ie phillips plus some from mo west went to UAB... i mean if etsu had a team then more would b recuited i beileve

There has been 1 of them in the past little to actually stick it out. It seems as if the ones that do not quit get kicked out for something or in trouble. Not a good reputation right now.

You really must not be much of a fan huh? Greeneville's offense has probably been 60% run the last two years, nothing different this year. It takes 11 guys on the field playing their responsibilties to make any play work. If one person messes up, it can ruin the whole play. The offensive line has struggled from my perspective. Yes the run plays seem to be "Up the Middle" but in your case when you have no clue what your talking about, It all looks the same. Greeneville hasn't ran outside in the past two years probably not going to now. Maybe in conference play. I bet you have never strapped up, have you? or you're a player who is unhappy about not getting the ball or something. Running backs are only as good as the meat eaters that block for them. Believe it or not. The play calls against Volunteer, Science Hill, Grainger, Jeff. Co., Sullivan South, and Elizabethton have all seemed to be the same as the ones that were ran last year and the year before.

P.S. I look forward to some "no football smarts" comeback too.

if you're lookin for "no football smarts" you picked the wrong person to comment on. first all i'm a heck of a fan i've not missed a game since i graduated, and wont. i wish greeneville the best but they just need to change some things... with that being said don't tell me about the run plays, as a former lineman i know our run plays, they are zone plays where the runnin back makes the reads off the blocks, and yes the past two years we've ran it 60% of the time, but that's cause we had the lines to do so. this year they don't or not yet anyway so they need to go to a different scheme. i know that it takes the "meat eaters" as you say to make a good runnin back, i've been a part of lines with very good runnin backs. the play calling has not been the same check the stats i bet i'm right. that was a good try on trying to call me out... but it didn't work,