South Greene @ Greeneville

lastyear21

I'll start by saying Greeneville is suppose to win this game. I do not want them to at all, but they are suppose to. Aside from that, it would make a SG win even sweeter. As a matter of fact, I heard from a from a former greene devil that if Gville plays the same football they did last friday, SG may take this on. Everyone knows SG has no D it is apparent. However, they do have an O just as good as anyone in the conference. The key in this game will be for the Rebels to score every time the Devils do, and if they do and its close in the 4th Gville may panic and lose it. And for all of you who are saying how bad Gville is going to kill them, I promise SG wants it just as bad or even more. It is high school football, so dont be so full of your self. So GO REBS prove all the haters wrong!!!

Btw, can Church touch rim on a basketball goal? He will be in for a long night if he cant.... because some of Susongs passes are caught 10 ft+ in the air...

The point is Susong won't have time to throw those passes! We know you can't run the ball, so maybe pack an extra jersey for susong, and some ice.

Barb, as for terrell they checked him out Saturday morning and said it was severely sprained. I think he's supposed to get it checked out today. Kinda scary to think that him and Hall are only sophomore's.

Greeneville by 21+

Keep me posted about terrell and chaz.....

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you do know you all are the one "out there" We are "downtown". Gotta make sure we keep out locations straight....i think we should dismantle the bleachers at the baseball field and truck them over to WG for FB season....i'm sure both our schools couls spare them. I'm sure more seating is in the future for WG. They already have a nice new field house and a great young coach who seems to have everyone on board the program now.

Yes, I spent 4 years there, I'm pretty sure I know where it is.

The point is Susong won't have time to throw those passes! We know you can't run the ball, so maybe pack an extra jersey for susong, and some ice.

Jones is this your view from the sideline or the bleachers? Point is our D could be better but so could your O, kinda evens it out a little. As long as the game is played and called fair I think it will be a good one to watch. But you got it in the bag, right. Oh yeah, don't worry about our QB, he can take a hit and give one too!

Jones is this your view from the sideline or the bleachers? Point is our D could be better but so could your O, kinda evens it out a little. As long as the game is played and called fair I think it will be a good one to watch. But you got it in the bag, right. Oh yeah, don't worry about our QB, he can take a hit and give one too!

Yes but can your line...

My view is from the sidelines and trust me our O is fine. You probably have the advantage at the QB spot, but the devils are head and shoulders better at the other skill positions. Oh, and yeah we like those big slow quarterbacks, hope your left tackle has some help.

Barb from what i hear there's a chance that Chaz will be back and Rollins goes to see Pectol today. I'll let you know

Yes but can your line...

South Greene has scored 198 points this season, the line must be doing something right. I know the Devils have a better D than we have seen this year but I also know how bad this team wants to win. They also are not coming in assuming they will win. They know they are gonna have to work hard if they want it to happen.

Yes but can your line...

South Greene has scored 198 points this season, the line must be doing something right. I know the Devils have a better D than we have seen this year but I also know how bad this team wants to win. They also are not coming in assuming they will win. They know they are gonna have to work hard if they want it to happen.

Perhaps we should then evaluate the games that those 198 points were scored in....

Unicoi County.......gonna be the whipping boy of region 1...a region with only 6 schools.SG scored 41 pts

Cocke County..... perennial 5 rivers whipping boy....you have the distinction of being the only team

they scored on. SG scored 35 pts

Cumberland Gap... first game where there was some offensive and defensive parity....SG scored 55

but gave up 56...couldn't stop the run.

North Greene..... :flower::roflol::flower: sg scored 67 pts. This game needs to unfortunately be

dropped from your schedule. As rich in tradition as it is, it serves no purpose aside

from padding stats and working the third string.

Saying Greeneville has a better D than SG has faced this yearis like saying the Grand Canyon is a nice ditch. The Devil D has given up fewer points against better teams than you scored or gave up against CG alone

Perhaps we should then evaluate the games that those 198 points were scored in....

Unicoi County.......gonna be the whipping boy of region 1...a region with only 6 schools.SG scored 41 pts

Cocke County..... perennial 5 rivers whipping boy....you have the distinction of being the only team

Cumberland Gap... first game where there was some offensive and defensive parity....SG scored 55

North Greene..... sg scored 67 pts. This game needs to unfortunately be

dropped from your schedule. As rich in tradition as it is, it serves no purpose aside

Saying Greeneville has a better D than SG has faced this yearis like saying the Grand Canyon is a nice ditch. The Devil D has given up fewer points against better teams than you scored or gave up against CG alone

So if you win Friday night what will you have to brag about by beating a pitiful little team that doesn't play any real competition. If you will read the article on the NG game stats were not padded at all. Most of our playmakers had the lowest numbers they have had all year and never touched the field in the second half. They were not even playing as hard as they normally do. What were they supposed to do sit down on the field. I agree NG is a game we need to drop, it doesn't do either team any good, it does get our young boys out there, that's all. We don't make the schedule though. Oh yeah, I watched Cocke County badly beat a very good Greeneville team back in the 90's, and yes it could happen again.

North Greene..... sg scored 67 pts. This game needs to unfortunately be

So if you win Friday night what will you have to brag about by beating a pitiful little team that doesn't play any real competition. If you will read the article on the NG game stats were not padded at all. Most of our playmakers had the lowest numbers they have had all year and never touched the field in the second half. They were not even playing as hard as they normally do. What were they supposed to do sit down on the field. I agree NG is a game we need to drop, it doesn't do either team any good, it does get our young boys out there, that's all. We don't make the schedule though. Oh yeah, I watched Cocke County badly beat a very good Greeneville team back in the 90's, and yes it could happen again.

my point was, if you are going to use the number of points scored as a measuring stick for your line, you had better make sure the competition can bear it out... what has Greeneville getting beaten by CC in the 90's got anything to do with where they are as a program lately...Greeneville hasn't been beaten by CC in 16 years...of course its been much longer than that since they were beaten by SG. I guess thats what we'll have to brag about if we win on Friday....Devils haven't been beaten by the Rebels in a quarter century...of course you have beaten us once....I guess it's not beyond the realm of possibility...jeez what am i saying :roflol:

After both games tonight, its time to talk.... Get the feeling this one will have a lot of comments, so lets hear them!!

As silly as it is to discuss this game at this time, I have to believe SG doesn't have the size to stay in this one for long. Greeneville is just too big up front and too fast. The kicking game will have the Rebels pinned deep all night and Susong will have to heave it and darn quick if they are to have a chance to score. If Chaz is healthy for this one, Greeneville scores at will. I will hold off my prediction pending injury reports following tonight's games.

As much as I dislike both teams, hate is to ugly of a word, I will be laughing all night when SG knocks off Gville. :flower: Then what will the arrogant Gville fans be saying :roflol:

my point was, if you are going to use the number of points scored as a measuring stick for your line, you had better make sure the competition can bear it out... what has Greeneville getting beaten by CC in the 90's got anything to do with where they are as a program lately...Greeneville hasn't been beaten by CC in 16 years...of course its been much longer than that since they were beaten by SG. I guess that's what we'll have to brag about if we win on Friday....Devils haven't been beaten by the Rebels in a quarter century...of course you have beaten us once....I guess it's not beyond the realm of possibility...jeez what am i saying

The point about line was, they have done a good job so far, even if was against opponents you don't consider worthy. Hoping they keep it up this week as well. The point about CC was you count them out just because they have been down. Could be a flip flop in a few years, you never know. GHS hasn't been beaten by Betsy since 2004, until last week. So the big point is never underestimate your opponent.