South Greene @ Greeneville

lastyear21

Good luck this week Rebels! You are a great group of young men with plenty of class, on or off the field. Most folks seem to think you can't win this one I hope you prove them all wrong! You do have alot of fans that think you can win. So let's go out and show all of them what the Rebels can do. A win at Burley would be soooo sweet. I'ts been 11 years since we've been there, let's give everybody a night to remember and one they will want to forget.

PROUD TO BE A REBEL!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck this week Rebels! You are a great group of young men with plenty of class, on or off the field. Most folks seem to think you can't win this one I hope you prove them all wrong! You do have alot of fans that think you can win. So let's go out and show all of them what the Rebels can do. A win at Burley would be soooo sweet. I'ts been 11 years since we've been there, let's give everybody a night to remember and one they will want to forget.

PROUD TO BE A REBEL!

It will be nice to have you back...

Is your kid riding the pine or what? or you maybe? This style of defense in Greeneville's bread and butter, and they have looked crisp in both of the previous games. And I guarantee they worked just as hard against South. I agree with you about the offense. They definitely should have thrown more... I don't think coach's problem is he needs to try something new as it is that he needs to keep his plan a little more fluid...Never pays to go into a game without a backup plan. I think this Betsy team and TN High are the 2 most balanced teams we'll see until post-season and if there are weaknesses, thats what will expose them. Adapt and move on....Go Greene.....Can anyone give us an update on Rollins?

It's not about who gets to play, it's about keeping the team fresh, and "uninjured". When kids are dragging, they get hurt. That matters to some of us. Quite frankly, comments like, "Is your kid riding the pine or what?", only draws attention to your character, not the problems we need to fix, so try to stay on point, please.

Our defense did a wonderful job with Betsy, but they were dead, because the coach didn't rotate players like he should. Again, that's how kids get hurt. If we didn't have any talent on second, then the coach's "plan" might make a little sense, but we have several boys that can step in and hold the fort, at least for a couple of plays at a time. Enough to keep first breathing.

Our offense couldn't get the job done, because the coach wouldn't let them.

I didn't know that, trying something different, and "keeping his plan a little more fluid", were two different things. I've really learned something, not. I guess it depends on what your definition of "is", is?

It doesn't matter if you have a "backup plan", if you don't initiate it.

I'm sorry if i offended you but normally when a poster makes this much noise about kids not getting subbed its because little johnny isn't being used to what daddy thinks is his full potential. Coach has had 3 games so far and we have see 3 different offenses.Plan A...throw to 1 receiver or B.....run Spradlin....Against Jeff, we saw a lot more balance. I am assuming you, like the rest of us would prefer to see a more balanced game. We had some big issues to deal with when Rollins went down early against Betsy...The problem is not that he doesn't sub, its that we have our best athletes playing both ways. Maybe it would be better to move some of the second string players to first team and let the specialty players do their thing. Give this coach some time before you start questioning his judgement. This is a young team and sometimes it takes a while to find what they are capable of...and for the record, what someone posts on a sports board says absolutely zero about their character. Lighten up will ya :roflol:

You're right, balance is exactly the point. We've got enough good, maybe not "the best", players on the sideline, that our boys shouldn't be going both ways, at least not the whole game.

It's fine to have Plan A, and Plan B, etc., but it shouldn't be one or the other ONLY. Maybe the coach needs to review the Jeff films on how he coached. As far as giving him time, he's been here 9 years, how much time does he need to learn the basics. I don't have anything against him, and what I know of him, he seems to be a good guy, and the boys love him, but we're talking about football 101.

I would hate to see our boys lose to SG, or any lesser team, because the coach isn't following fundamental principles. By all rights, we should dominate SG, but I believe they may be hungrier, and certainly have more to prove, than we do.

As for lightening up, I didn't start the petty, personal stuff. You don't know who the posters are, so don't make judgements about their motives. Can a poster's observations ONLY be accurate, if their kid plays 90% of the game? Facts are facts, whether stated by a player, their parent, grandparent, or just a fan with no personal connection.

If you and I and everyone else on here, stick to football, and stay away from personal assaults, then maybe, some of this might trickle down to the coach, and maybe he's willing to consider that some of these observations are indeed accurate, and maybe make the needed changes. Sometime it's hard to see the forest for the trees, from the sideline.

Our boys have GREAT potential, it would be a shame to see that wasted.

Now let's get ready to kick SG's hind parts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say if you expect anything you post on this board to"trickle down" to the coach then you don't have a very high opinion of him or way too high an opinion of yourself. If you are so concerned about those boys then instead of opining on a recreational message board, why dont you just man up and go talk to him. When you choose a medium such as this to voice what you perceive as legitimate concerns about our team, you leave yourself wide open to jabs from us old-timers who love to bust chops, especially those who like to be arm-chair coaches. Heck maybe before you start a coaching rant you should read some of the other threads. Jeff County starts the "its the coach's" fault crap every year and by the end of the season it gets really ugly. Go read the DB boards....GC has become the coacht whipping boy over there....I just think we shouldn't go there. Its too contentious, divisive and destructive.

It gets spirited when our rivalry games kick off on coachT and we really love to slap each other around verbally, but man you have got to stand behind your team and coach... and because its the players who read this stuff more than the coaches, the only purpose you are likely to serve is undermining his authority. If its all the same to you, we would just as soon give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

I'd say if you expect anything you post on this board to"trickle down" to the coach then you don't have a very high opinion of him or way too high an opinion of yourself. If you are so concerned about those boys then instead of opining on a recreational message board, why dont you just man up and go talk to him. When you choose a medium such as this to voice what you perceive as legitimate concerns about our team, you leave yourself wide open to jabs from us old-timers who love to bust chops, especially those who like to be arm-chair coaches. Heck maybe before you start a coaching rant you should read some of the other threads. Jeff County starts the "its the coach's" fault crap every year and by the end of the season it gets really ugly. Go read the DB boards....GC has become the coacht whipping boy over there....I just think we shouldn't go there. Its too contentious, divisive and destructive.

It gets spirited when our rivalry games kick off on coachT and we really love to slap each other around verbally, but man you have got to stand behind your team and coach... and because its the players who read this stuff more than the coaches, the only purpose you are likely to serve is undermining his authority. If its all the same to you, we would just as soon give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Barb once again i have to agree with you.As fans we can sit and complain all we want but the fact is its a game and things dont always go like we think they should.Greeneville has a great team and it will be a good season for the greene devils.

Barb once again i have to agree with you.As fans we can sit and complain all we want but the fact is its a game and things dont always go like we think they should.Greeneville has a great team and it will be a good season for the greene devils.

Thanks yardman.....you have yourselves a special group of athletes in Betsy as well. I think we'll all be just fine.

We are looking forward to coming out there this week. It's exciting to renew an old rivaly and there has been so much hype about the county schools playing Greeneville this year. Especially since this will be the first time ever West Greene will be playing Greeneville. I expect a huge fan turnout for both teams this week. I remember when they used to play South Greene and Chuckey Doak, it would be standing room only. I figure since this will be the first meeting between the Rebels and Devils in several years it will be a packed house. I can't imagine what the WG game will be, the Rebel fans have no seating when we play there, even in the rain. West Greene don't have much seating on their home side. We are looking forward to Friday night, see you out there.

GO REBELS!

We are looking forward to coming out there this week. It's exciting to renew an old rivaly and there has been so much hype about the county schools playing Greeneville this year. Especially since this will be the first time ever West Greene will be playing Greeneville. I expect a huge fan turnout for both teams this week. I remember when they used to play South Greene and Chuckey Doak, it would be standing room only. I figure since this will be the first meeting between the Rebels and Devils in several years it will be a packed house. I can't imagine what the WG game will be, the Rebel fans have no seating when we play there, even in the rain. West Greene don't have much seating on their home side. We are looking forward to Friday night, see you out there.

GO REBELS!

you do know you all are the one "out there" We are "downtown". Gotta make sure we keep out locations straight....i think we should dismantle the bleachers at the baseball field and truck them over to WG for FB season....i'm sure both our schools couls spare them. I'm sure more seating is in the future for WG. They already have a nice new field house and a great young coach who seems to have everyone on board the program now.

I'll start by saying Greeneville is suppose to win this game. I do not want them to at all, but they are suppose to. Aside from that, it would make a SG win even sweeter. As a matter of fact, I heard from a from a former greene devil that if Gville plays the same football they did last friday, SG may take this on. Everyone knows SG has no D it is apparent. However, they do have an O just as good as anyone in the conference. The key in this game will be for the Rebels to score every time the Devils do, and if they do and its close in the 4th Gville may panic and lose it. And for all of you who are saying how bad Gville is going to kill them, I promise SG wants it just as bad or even more. It is high school football, so dont be so full of your self. So GO REBS prove all the haters wrong!!!

Btw, can Church touch rim on a basketball goal? He will be in for a long night if he cant.... because some of Susongs passes are caught 10 ft+ in the air...

I'll start by saying Greeneville is suppose to win this game. I do not want them to at all, but they are suppose to. Aside from that, it would make a SG win even sweeter. As a matter of fact, I heard from a from a former greene devil that if Gville plays the same football they did last friday, SG may take this on. Everyone knows SG has no D it is apparent. However, they do have an O just as good as anyone in the conference. The key in this game will be for the Rebels to score every time the Devils do, and if they do and its close in the 4th Gville may panic and lose it. And for all of you who are saying how bad Gville is going to kill them, I promise SG wants it just as bad or even more. It is high school football, so dont be so full of your self. So GO REBS prove all the haters wrong!!!

Btw, can Church touch rim on a basketball goal? He will be in for a long night if he cant.... because some of Susongs passes are caught 10 ft+ in the air...

Gonna be hard to throw with big 'ol Jamel Hall in his face....Greeneville's d is big and wicked fast.... Btw Church might not be that tall but Quarles is...How is SG against the run?

The point is Susong won't have time to throw those passes! We know you can't run the ball, so maybe pack an extra jersey for susong, and some ice.

Barb, as for terrell they checked him out Saturday morning and said it was severely sprained. I think he's supposed to get it checked out today. Kinda scary to think that him and Hall are only sophomore's.

Greeneville by 21+