Bradley Central @ Rhea County

bradleybears2004

The bears are on a roll. 3-1 not to too bad for a program that has been struggling for the past several years. We need to keep it real though, our 3 wins are against teams with losing records (Coffee 1-3, Cleveland 1-2, East Ridge 1-2) and our only loss was to a very good but smaller 3A school Polk Co. Even though Rhea is 1-2 I think this will be our first real test. With Rhea playing state ranked 6A Bearden close they are bound to have confidence playing at home against Bradley. Good luck to the Bears this Friday.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one in Bradley Couty thinks Rhea County is terrible, The Bears didnt play very well against ER and I fully believe the intensity level will be allot higher friday night. If it isnt they will get beat.

With that said, I think Bradley Central has the more talented team and will win to go 4-1 on the year and will stay tied with the Owls for first.

Bradley Central Game Report

This week is Bradley Central, and coming in with a 3-1 record Bradley is pretty confident coming into this game. Bradley's toughest game to date this season was Polk Co., with Polk coming from behind to beat Bradley. Beyond the Polk Co. game Bradley really hasn't play anyone I would consider good. Coach Floyd still runs the same offense and defense that we have seen in the last few years. Offensively Bradley likes running the ball and will throw it every now and then. They will be in their version of the spread offense, and they do use a tight end. Bradley Central will have a big but slow offensive line. Bradley's A.J. White #4 (6'3 270), has gain some attention from colleges, and is the Senior leader for the Bears. Joining White on the line along with tight ends, Blake McAmis #72 (6'2 290), Wyll Hall #60 (5'11 210), Cody Epperson #58 (6'2 285), Chris Fink #53 (6'3 290), Patrick Benson #78 (6'3 285), Mikey Sewell #54 (6'1 280), Tucker Bolton #45 (6'5 226), Christian Hamilton #77 (5'11 250), Matt White #59 (6'0 265), Jake Smiley #25 (6'1 215) and Wes Loscudo #88 (6'4 225). Bradley does have a pretty talented freshmen playing quarterback this year in Bryce Copeland #10 (5'11 150). Copeland will be a even better QB in the years to come, he has a lot of upside. Backing Copeland will be Senior Jonathan Davis #12 (5'8 170) Davis also listed as a WR/RB/DB/K. Joining Copeland in the backfield will be Dewaun Massengill #1 (5'11 220) and Justin Houston # 5 (5'8 155). Massengill is a big fullback that can run a little and Houston is a very talented sophomore running back with speed to burn. Other guys that could run the ball Friday are Chandler Bennett #31 (6'1 225), Colby Scruggs #20 (5'6 155), and Bradley Calbaugh #35 (5'7 150). Playing at reciever for Bradley will be James Stovall #85 (6'3 175), Blake Ramage #87 (6'2 185), Trea Kisor #84 (5'10 175), and Vince Aguilar #19 (5'8 155)

Defensively for Bradley they will be in the 4-3, but they have put 5 on the line in games this season. Like the O-line, the D-line is not that fast, but they are pretty powerful. A lot of the same guys that played on the O-line will be play on the defensive line. McAims, Bolton, Sewell, Epperson, Fink, White, Hamilton, Benson, Bennett, Smiley, along with Cody Headrick #55 (6'2 230). Bolton is a very good defensive end for Bradley. Bradley secondary and linebacking corps are pretty good with Aguilar, Davis, Hall, Calbaugh Seth Prince #11 (5'10 150), Korey Green #16 (5'8 160), and Rue Goldston #2 (5'8 155). Aguilar is a really good hitter and makes plays on defense. Goldston is a pretty good player in the secondary.

This will be a pretty tough game for both teams. For Rhea this game should be treated like a play-off game. A win will put us into a pretty good spot heading into the second half of the season. If we play like we did in the first half at Bearden for the whole game this week, I think we should be just fine.

This will be a pretty tough game for both teams. For Rhea this game should be treated like a play-off game. A win will put us into a pretty good spot heading into the second half of the season. If we play like we did in the first half at Bearden for the whole game this week, I think we should be just fine.

Good point. As I understand the current playoff format, it almost is a playoff game. There's not much room for error for an automatic playoff bid.

The bears are on a roll. 3-1 not to too bad for a program that has been struggling for the past several years. We need to keep it real though, our 3 wins are against teams with losing records (Coffee 1-3, Cleveland 1-2, East Ridge 1-2) and our only loss was to a very good but smaller 3A school Polk Co. Even though Rhea is 1-2 I think this will be our first real test. With Rhea playing state ranked 6A Bearden close they are bound to have confidence playing at home against Bradley. Good luck to the Bears this Friday.

After the brutal schedule we have endured over the years with it being ranked in the top 5 toughest year in and out, I will gladly take this seasons schedule. Polk may well be in the Top 15 regardless of class, I wouldnt discredit them due to enrollment. Especially after the way they dismantled McMinn Central who is still ranked 9th last i looked. Cleveland will end up with a winning record and East ridge will be close. I actually think East Ridge had a much better Defense than Cleveland and Quicker than Polk. They just have allot of trouble on the O side of the Ball in the line.

Walker valley Beating Rhea still has me scratching the old noggin. WVHS has some speed and athletes(Thanks to Cleveland) but that was a shocker. This week,like every region game for the Bears is a must win. With the rivalry factors thrown in the Bears are going to get everyones Best shot.

darn, Rhea Co., That was the best scouting report i have seen! If i didnt know better i would swear you were sitting at practice every day. How about one on Rhea? We do realize that Wv beating Rhea was a fluke,and next to polk Rhea will be the toughest team to date. Should be a great game( i cant wait) :hungry:

RheaCo's good like that. Gives us a run down on the opposing team every week. And most of us are pretty sure he is at practice every day. B)

darn, Rhea Co., That was the best scouting report i have seen! If i didnt know better i would swear you were sitting at practice every day. How about one on Rhea? We do realize that Wv beating Rhea was a fluke,and next to polk Rhea will be the toughest team to date. Should be a great game( i cant wait) :popcorneater:

It was 95% accurate..A couple of things are wrong.. But good job nonetheless.

darn, Rhea Co., That was the best scouting report i have seen! If i didnt know better i would swear you were sitting at practice every day. How about one on Rhea? We do realize that Wv beating Rhea was a fluke,and next to polk Rhea will be the toughest team to date. Should be a great game( i cant wait) :popcorneater:

It was 95% accurate..A couple of things are wrong.. But good job nonetheless.

Rhea Co does a great job on the scouting report each week. And we thank you Rhea Co for that.

Yeah I can come up with a little report on Rhea for the week. Here is the big preseason one I did on the team. It is the third post.

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=193117&start=200

I'm expecting this one to be a good game. Also thanks everyone.