Sevier County vs. Cocke County

scbears

If CCHS cannot score a single point against Seymour or David Crockett, then unless they get some garbage points late, then they do not have a shot.... yeah yeah... any given Friday, but Sevier is a powerhouse and will at least could put up 60 or 70 points up. The Bears are not Seymour, they are more powerful. I hope CCHS can get through this game with no injuries, but they will get thrown around a little and who knows what the effect of this game will bring for the outlook of the rest of the season. I can only hope that the mindless administrative souls of CCHS can take notes to see what a powerhouse of a football program is with Sevier Co. visiting. With Jeff County and others still on the schedule, maybe they need to call these coaches or whatnot to see what they are doing. Sorry but the old excuse of not having speed or talent does not work. Thats the excuse and what people are told to think, but Newport has a lot of talented student-athletes that could easily make CCHS a contender. You can only hope CCHS can keep it close or maybe even surprise early, but once the adrenaline runs off and this one will get ugly. All I can say to any CCHS players is to keep working and holding the rope, but as for this week, they will take a fierce hit in the mouth. CCHS scores early, but the Bears are on cruise control....

63-7

Yea this one may go down as one of the most lopsided wins in recent memory. If Seymour wins 51-0, then SCHS should be AT LEAST favored by 60. This will be a challenging week for the kids. Keep fighting though because it will be a test of character. CCHS has drove the ball in the three games this year, but are stalling out once it gets in the red zone because of inexperience, lack of size/strength, and lack of playmakers to put the ball in the endzone. CCHS does have athletes like WP said, but if you would look at a photo of the basketball, football, and baseball team..you wont see hardly any faces on more than one team. The bad part of the thing is that most of the good athletes have left, graduated, or are graduating this year or next. Football isn't for everybody, but something needs to be done to bring these kids out and try to rebuild this thing. Hope the kids keep working hard and keep fighting because the schedule only gets harder...

:( Sevier County is not like most teams. They will not run up a score at any means if they can. It is just not the style of Coach Brewer. He loves football and cherishes athletes regardless of which school it is. and would never try to embarrass or run up a score to make himself look good. Split Back has it correct I believe. 35- 7.. Noone want to get beat by 50 or more points and that is not a way to get you're football team on track and get those athletes out to play some football for you guys. And Coach Brewer is not one to damage such a beginning for anyone. He is very well respected indivisual by me and many bystanders at Sevier County. And totally agree on his approach to not run up a score on anyone. I thi9nk Sevier County scores 21 points as fast as possible and starts playing vanilla in this one with many subs and etc. Including some starters are kind of dinged up on Sevier County. So I think they

rest a good majority of the game regardless of the score. Even if it is 14 -7 they still rest. As long as there is a W in the grasp. Best of Luck to Cocke County this week and hope all players end this game healthy. :motorbike::motorbike:

Big fan of the "fuel rationing" schedule forced down our throat by the T$$AA Czars :hungry:.

Congrats, as I know it will definitely be saving me some gas when I skip this game (as well as a few others later this season).

My wife and wallet both thank you TSSAA for the abbreviated high school football season.

Its a shame that this game is being called a walk for the Bears, this used to be a great rivalry game because of the bordering counties thing. I was lucky enough to be on the 94 team that beat CCHS for the first time in 19 years. Any who good luck to the Roosters, as they will need it, Coach Brewer can name the score and I say the JVs put a couple in the make 42-0 da BEARS!! :hungry:

Big fan of the "fuel rationing" schedule forced down our throat by the T$$AA Czars :justwrestle:.

Congrats, as I know it will definitely be saving me some gas when I skip this game (as well as a few others later this season).

My wife and wallet both thank you TSSAA for the abbreviated high school football season.

I am not a huge fan of the new scheduling and stuff myself. I want Science Hill back on the schedule.

to be honest. I loved going to that game. I enjoyed the drive to DB last friday as well. That may be over in the next year or so possibly. :thumb: