District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SF struggles again without 2 starters but should have won. If you were there you could agree with me that the officiating was horrible, but one of the starters will be back tonight and the other should be back after the break.

SF by 5+ over McEwen - Gardnar and Best shoot lights out.

Houston 5+ over Hamphire - Hampshire doesn't have an answer for that 6'6 kid.

I hope Santa Fe beats the dickens out of McEwen.

As to Hampshire, yea, they had an answer for the 6'6" kid. It was called the refs. You think it was bad last night????? 8 techinals in one game? 7 against one team? TSSAA has already been notified.

As to Hampshire, yea, they had an answer for the 6'6" kid. It was called the refs. You think it was bad last night????? 8 techinals in one game? 7 against one team? TSSAA has already been notified.

I have watched high school basketball for 40 years and I have never witnessed what I saw tonight in the Houston County / Hampshire game. The officials lost control of this game early on. Did Houston County deserve some of the T's they got? Absolutely yes. You can't let your emotions get to you even when you are getting jacked by the screws. Some of the T's that were called, I still don't understand. The Houston County coach got one and he was sitting down and he NEVER said a word. That may have been a result of carry over from last night when the HC head coach was ejected after picking up his second T at the same time as the coach from Sante Fe picked up one. Never seen a double T against opposing coaches at the same time. I do hope that the head coach for Houston County appeals his suspension and fine. The T's that he got Monday were an absolute joke.

I saw HC players getting absolutely mugged and no call made. Yet the zebras in this game were calling every possible tick tack foul on HC. Houston County played really poorly during several parts of this game and were down by 24 at one point before putting on a huge rally to pull within 6 with just over 3 minutes to play. That is when all heck broke loose with the officiating. There must have been a post Christmas sale on "Rabbitt Ears" at Wal Mart. The officials in this game certainly loaded up on them!

I saw 6 of the 8 games in this classic and the officiating was just bad all the way around with the worst saved for the HC/Hampshire game.

The TSSAA could not yet have been notified about the issues in tonights games as their office was closed. However, you can beat your last dollar that they will be reading several reports from various people about what happened over the last couple of days at Sante Fe. The fallout will not be pretty.

SF struggles again without 2 starters but should have won. If you were there you could agree with me that the officiating was horrible, but one of the starters will be back tonight and the other should be back after the break.

SF by 5+ over McEwen - Gardnar and Best shoot lights out.

Houston 5+ over Hamphire - Hampshire doesn't have an answer for that 6'6 kid.

I hope Santa Fe beats the dickens out of McEwen.

8 techs in one game?! Thats insane. Who were they called on? And who won the game?

8 techs in one game?! Thats insane. Who were they called on? And who won the game?

They were called on at least 3 different Houston County players and the coach who was filling in for the head coach who was ejected last night after picking up two mystery techs last night against Sante Fe. Hampshire ended up needing every one of the T's to defeat Houston County even as poorly as HC played at times in this game.

And you are right, it was insane.

The HC/Hampshire game was definitely insane last night. Part of the problem started when HC got by with so much fouling Monday night against SF and the refs not calling it. When they tried to play the same way last night these refs were doing their job and trying to not let it get out of control. Good job by Hampshire with hard play under pressure from a much more physical team.

You are joking, right? Even your radio announcers were talking about the game... and not in Hampshires favor. How many of your boys fouled out? One? How many even had more than 2 fouls? It doesn't matter..... but that game was, as the announcers said, a joke.

The fouls in the Santa Fe game were evenly called, except for alot of over the back under the goal, mostly by your boys But they are big boys, and sometimes you just have to let them play.. As to Houston County being physical... you need to read the 10A thread.

How did the McEwen - Santa Fe game end up... can't find a score.

How did the McEwen - Santa Fe game end up... can't find a score.

McEwen must have won (don't know that for sure). SFwildcatblood hasn't posted anything about the game, that usually means SF lost lol.

Doesn't Houston Co. make the 2nd team SF has lost to and Hampshire has beat?? Monkey, your prediction is looking better and better every day.

I agree to the game being out of hand last night. But i think the refs did a good job at doing there job. all the tech's were the right call i know except for one that im not sure about. Im just not sure about what happened with the Coach. I think the Hawks played very well last night and they clearly deserved the win.

The refs did not decide the game.

Yea SF lost and it was sorry. On our part yeah the refs missed a bunch of over the back calls but we just didn't play ball. I bet we only took 20 shots, can't win a gm when your behind by not shooting the ball. Hopefully when we get our starter back for richland things will get back together. But wow what a night haha I bet houston County won't be invited back, the team we should have beat but officiating was terrible but they tryed playin insane ball again last night but they had good refs and their pg that was all over ours had 4 fouls before halftime if that tells you anything and not to include the 5 technical last night 3 on one guy who was out of control.

My brief summary of 11a, mostly from reviewing this thread, in alphabetical order.

CA - Playing very well. A strong district contender. Only will be beat by teams bringing their A game and if they have an off night. They are well coached and have a lot of talent.

Cornersville - They are weak and have had a lot of players quit, likely reflecting on the coach. By now, the players who are weak minded should have quit, not during the season. They should be beat by everyone except maybe Hampshire.

Culleoka - They either win, or when they lose, they go into the 4th quarter with a lead. This means they are consistent, for the most part, likely due to good coaching. Whatever their 4th quarter problems are, at least it is just one problem, that likely can be identified fixed. They aren't all over the place of recent. A steady contender that shows up but often fades away at the last minute, likely due to their younger players lack of scoring. Probably will be fixed, given they probably have the best coach in the region. You may have more talent that can win, but you will not out coach them. They may peak late, which is the only time that matters, if they can avoid injuries.

Hampshire - they win here and there, but are and always will be weak, because of the size of the school. They may luck into a win against Richland or Santa Fe, but that is about it.

Mt. Pleasant - the most athletic team in the district this year, and a very strong contender. You will not beat them trying to better them atheletically, but might out coach them or catch them on a bad night. You'd better bring your A game when you play them.

Richland - looks like they have talent, but they are very inconsistent. They might play a good game, then get blown out or beat by a team with less talent. They are all over the place. This won't bode well in the long run.

Santa Fe - They have a lot of talent, but will be up and down. Who knows if even their best players will show to play, if they have cruise or rock concert, date or some better offer. They can beat anybody on any given night, if they play well, but can be beaten as they aren't very dedicated. Likely will fade away towards the middle to end of the season and be put out in the first round of the district.