District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

Any opinions about District 11A this season? I think this is the first year in many Culleoka is not the favorite. I feel like Richland may be the best according to returning players. They return most everybody from a runner-up team last season. Culleoka has probably lost the most; however, Slatten will have that team ready to compete. I think the newcomers (Hampshire and Mt. Pleasant) may surprise some people. Cornersville will be solid, but they will need to find replacements for Danell and Stiles. CA may be the second best team returning behind Richland. Williams will be the leader, but they have a strong core of guys coming back. Santa Fe may be the only team that may fly under the radar. They play hard and work well together. Look for them to creep out of the cellar.

My pre-season picks

1. Richland

2. CA

3. Hampshire

4. Culleoka

5. Cornersville

6. Mt. Pleasant

7. Santa Fe

I think the top two are the only locks in the top four. The bottom 5 will definitely be up for grabs.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you 100%!! Richland has its best chance at a championship this season. This team has the best talent coming back. We'll have to wait and see. I know this thread will start a huge uproar over in Culleoka, but they've had their time!

Richland

CA

Hampshire

Cornersville

Culleoka

Mt. Pleasant

Santa Fe

I agree with you 100%!! Richland has its best chance at a championship this season. This team has the best talent coming back. We'll have to wait and see. I know this thread will start a huge uproar over in Culleoka, but they've had their time!

Richland

CA

Hampshire

Cornersville

Culleoka

Mt. Pleasant

Santa Fe

richland may be the favorite, but I can see them and CA easily splitting games going into the district tournament, and then it may just be who is healthy still.

Richland will be tough for anyone. They are well coached and have two big guys that can bang around and play. Mt.Pleasant no matter what you have heard is loaded. CA plays good fundamental ball. Sante Fe is better than what you guys are saying. I look for the league to have a lot of parity. A four or five loss team could win the district. Hampshire lost two starters from last year but could be a team that could surprise anyone and definitely play itself up from the bottom into the top four teams. Only team I haven't seen is Cornersville. Don't have a clue what they got. :roflol:

I agree with everything you said hawks. The #1 team I am interested to see is hampshire. They have lost two starters but I personally know that their coach has them working hard and will have them ready for the season. For them to do good this year their are 3 guys that are going to have to step up big time. Allen Walker- junior, Zach lemire- junior, and will boshers- sophomore. these guys have been starting since they were in the 8th grade and i think they will lead this team very well. Don't sleep on hampshire!!! :thumb:

I agree with everything you said hawks. The #1 team I am interested to see is hampshire. They have lost two starters but I personally know that their coach has them working hard and will have them ready for the season. For them to do good this year their are 3 guys that are going to have to step up big time. Allen Walker- junior, Zach lemire- junior, and will boshers- sophomore. these guys have been starting since they were in the 8th grade and i think they will lead this team very well. Don't sleep on hampshire!!! :thumb:

OMG......What is it with you Hampshire people tonight? What are they putting in the water??? Compete with Richland and CA on the boy's side? No gonna happen. Culleoka, Mt. P, and SF will be good as well. Looks like another year at the bottom for both teams at Hampshire....should be used to the view.

Let's not talk too big at this point.... Culleoka has talent and determination. Summer camps do not make champions......... As always, Culleoka knows how to get it done. Should be interesting as seniors have the experience and know how to dominate the competition.

has this years seniors even got that much playing time the past few years? and i'm not talking about the 2nd half when both teams have 2nd team in cause cully is dominating...

Let's not talk too big at this point.... Culleoka has talent and determination. Summer camps do not make champions......... As always, Culleoka knows how to get it done. Should be interesting as seniors have the experience and know how to dominate the competition.

Dominate? did you happen to catch the Summertown game last year?

All y'all better give Culleoka some respect. This year's seniors played most of the clock last year- Walton, Pilkinton, and Upshaw were on the court contributing to the Cully domination. Just because some valuable folks graduated doesn't mean you need to count Cully out. And the losses of 2008-2009 taught them to never underestimate the opponent. So they will be ready for the season, and will they will play as team.

All y'all better give Culleoka some respect. This year's seniors played most of the clock last year- Walton, Pilkinton, and Upshaw were on the court contributing to the Cully domination. Just because some valuable folks graduated doesn't mean you need to count Cully out. And the losses of 2008-2009 taught them to never underestimate the opponent. So they will be ready for the season, and will they will play as team.

but that does not mean they will dominate, and or win it all. i see a new champion being crowned. hopefully being the dawgs of CA, and or possibly the Raiders of Richland.