District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

No matter the strength of schedule, I don't think Cornersville or Santa Fe will be able to compete with Richland or CA. These two teams will control the district as Moore Co and Culleoka did two and three years ago. It's Richland, CA and everybody else!!

Strength of schedule will bite you later on when you can't get out of regionals though. As weak as D11 is this year I believe our top team could be in for a surprise against the 4 seed from D12.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter the strength of schedule, I don't think Cornersville or Santa Fe will be able to compete with Richland or CA. These two teams will control the district as Moore Co and Culleoka did two and three years ago. It's Richland, CA and everybody else!!

so what makes you think richland will be beat CA? CA took 2 of the 3 last year and should be better than last year.

I don't think it's CA...Richland and everybody else... I can see CA being up there, but Richland is no lock for a top spot...I believe they lost some good seniors last year...also, Mt. Pleasant is going to be competitive, they always have athletes, and this is a chance for them to start out fresh in a new district. As for Santa Fe, I really needs your guys help...I know nothing about this years team, and cant recall what they have talent wise...but the rest of the teams (hampshire{no one really knows, there seems to be some booming confidence coming from those fans} culleoka{interested to see what their coach can do without his recruitees...i mean...well without any bigs or stellar point scorers} cornersville{ they lost stiles and darnell, i think they have some quick returning players...could see them attempt a fast-break style this year} thats all the teams right? hmm..Im glad those boys dont have to travel to moore county and huntland anymore)

Some questions...

1.) Who was 1st and 2nd in the Maury County tournament 4 years ago(the seniors this year)?

2.) Who are the best individual players in the district?/pre-season all-district team

3.) ARE YOU READY FOR SOME HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL???

I don't think it's CA...Richland and everybody else... I can see CA being up there, but Richland is no lock for a top spot...I believe they lost some good seniors last year...also, Mt. Pleasant is going to be competitive, they always have athletes, and this is a chance for them to start out fresh in a new district. As for Santa Fe, I really needs your guys help...I know nothing about this years team, and cant recall what they have talent wise...but the rest of the teams (hampshire{no one really knows, there seems to be some booming confidence coming from those fans} culleoka{interested to see what their coach can do without his recruitees...i mean...well without any bigs or stellar point scorers} cornersville{ they lost stiles and darnell, i think they have some quick returning players...could see them attempt a fast-break style this year} thats all the teams right? hmm..Im glad those boys dont have to travel to moore county and huntland anymore)

Some questions...

1.) Who was 1st and 2nd in the Maury County tournament 4 years ago(the seniors this year)?

2.) Who are the best individual players in the district?/pre-season all-district team

3.) ARE YOU READY FOR SOME HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL???

im sorry i can't tell you anything about santa fe...i just don't know anything or i would be glad to help.

also not really sure who all will make all district and all that. but i can deff see Mathew Williams from CA being district MVP

Number one: I don't think I said Richland would beat CA both times. I think Richland can beat CA. I still think these two teams are the top two until I see a game. As for your questions: The middle school tournament really doesn't matter because your players change. People progress while others peaked early, players quit and players move in. I think however, Culleoka won the championship that season. By far the best individual player is Matthew Williams. He will single handledly win some ballgames just by handling the ball. As for others, I'm not positive. Richland has the Newton kid who has been playing since he was a freshman as well as Edwards and Jones. Culleoka has the shooters back, Pilkinton, Upshaw, and Walton. Santa Fe lost a bit with Gardner and their other seniors. Cornersville has Pope, and I think a pure shooter. As for Mt. Pleasant they do have athletes however, they haven't had a outstanding team since the Websters. I truly have no clue about Hampshire. They could be improving but I don't know for sure.

Number one: I don't think I said Richland would beat CA both times. I think Richland can beat CA. I still think these two teams are the top two until I see a game. As for your questions: The middle school tournament really doesn't matter because your players change. People progress while others peaked early, players quit and players move in. I think however, Culleoka won the championship that season. By far the best individual player is Matthew Williams. He will single handledly win some ballgames just by handling the ball. As for others, I'm not positive. Richland has the Newton kid who has been playing since he was a freshman as well as Edwards and Jones. Culleoka has the shooters back, Pilkinton, Upshaw, and Walton. Santa Fe lost a bit with Gardner and their other seniors. Cornersville has Pope, and I think a pure shooter. As for Mt. Pleasant they do have athletes however, they haven't had a outstanding team since the Websters. I truly have no clue about Hampshire. They could be improving but I don't know for sure.

i was just trying to spark conversation by wondering why most people were picking richland over CA...not saying it wont happen or whatever.

I know Monkey! I think that Richland and CA are going to be the top. Order not sure. Initial reaction is Richland because they were in the championship game last season.

Does anyone know of any new items happening? Players coming in, moving out, quitting? Assistants coming in or moving out? Anybody got a hot news break that could move a team up or down?

Also, why don't some of ya'll peak into the girls' thread and see if you have an opinion there!!

Go District 11A!!

I know I dont know much, but I think that Gardner boy still plays at the school. As for any news news, like I said Im not really in the loop of things yet. I think I did hear something about a new player in culleoka though...but I dont know for sure.

thats not suprising...they prob brought in a fresh starting 5...

The exchange students will be able to play after Christmas break. Something about playing on the National teams in Europe. Saw them get off the play at the Culleoka International Airport. These guys are huge!!!!