District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

Did the coach bench the player the second half or did the player decide he wasn't playing the second half?

The SH administration and the school SRO stepped in at halftime. I don't think the coach or player had much of a choice. I do know that the MTP administration wanted to wait until after the game to deal with the issue but SH would not have it.

MTP beat Collinwood last night and the kid had a big game.

So did SH benefit from the disruption of the game and players? Did it help the outcome of the situation to disrupt the game? Was it a situation that could have been handled by waiting until the game was over? I get the feeling that you are saying MTP wouldn't have handled it at all.

tigersfan I don't remember seeing you that much on the thread this year and I'm not going to do any scanning. Where have you been and how do you know what I'm like? I haven't said MTP makes excuses but trust me if # 23 didn't play and CA won then it would have been brought up by someone.

SH didn't benefit from the disruption. The teams went into halftime and the player didn't get to return the 2nd half. The game was not stopped to pull him from the action. I don't think it would have mattered if he did play the 2nd half because SH won by around 20 pts. The situation needed to be handled at that time. I'm not sure if MTP has or will handle it. I heard something about a court date so maybe someone is handling it.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the coach bench the player the second half or did the player decide he wasn't playing the second half?

The SH administration and the school SRO stepped in at halftime. I don't think the coach or player had much of a choice. I do know that the MTP administration wanted to wait until after the game to deal with the issue but SH would not have it.

MTP beat Collinwood last night and the kid had a big game.

So did SH benefit from the disruption of the game and players? Did it help the outcome of the situation to disrupt the game? Was it a situation that could have been handled by waiting until the game was over? I get the feeling that you are saying MTP wouldn't have handled it at all.

Spring Hill led 41-37 at the half, built the lead to 71-56 after 3 then went on to win 79-64. I think the disruption in the locker room at halftime did hurt MP but I still think SH would have won the game anyway.

Spring Hill led 41-37 at the half, built the lead to 71-56 after 3 then went on to win 79-64. I think the disruption in the locker room at halftime did hurt MP but I still think SH would have won the game anyway.

I understand the coach didn't even get to talk to his team at the half. They didn't know what was going on.

Willie,

I haven't posted much--but have read lots. I have come to respect you. Your posts are honest, fair, and knowledgeable. Everything I believe about you comes directly from that--your posts.

I don't know much about the situation--but I do know the young man. I don't believe that Mt. Pleasant coaches and admin intended to allow the situation to go uninvestigated--and that is the tone of some posts.

Willie,

I haven't posted much--but have read lots. I have come to respect you. Your posts are honest, fair, and knowledgeable. Everything I believe about you comes directly from that--your posts.

I don't know much about the situation--but I do know the young man. I don't believe that Mt. Pleasant coaches and admin intended to allow the situation to go uninvestigated--and that is the tone of some posts.

I understand and thank you! Please don't take it that I am taking jabs at MTP team, administration, coaches, etc. I guess I was really pointing out the situation. Good luck to MTP in the post season!

This is what I hate about Coach T. You can wrongly state that a Culleoka player is "dirty" and call out a 15 or 16 year old kid by name, when it wasn't even the right kid. Then you pretty much say a 14 or 15 year old kid a thief ("something must have happened or he wouldn't have sat out") who should not play when maybe the kid and or one other person(in case someone was framing) really knows the truth.

Even if it is true, why post it all over the internet. They are kids. If the kid is a thief, and I don't know if he is or not, at least he wasn't teaching elementary school students Bible and other subjects at a local private school all the while putting five finger discounts on whatever he wanted. Or maybe like he/she, he is an "addict" and couldn't help it. :lol: That's what the his/her students were told.

These are kids. They are minors. If people don't have something positive to say, don't say it about a minor. Who knows who might get beat up by kids on another team after reading some falsehood posted by some careless poster on the internet.

Sheesh.

Good luck children of 11A. Be safe, have fun and good forturne to all. For you seniors, enjoy your last few days as a "basketball player".

This is what I hate about Coach T. You can wrongly state that a Culleoka player is "dirty" and call out a 15 or 16 year old kid by name, when it wasn't even the right kid. Then you pretty much say a 14 or 15 year old kid a thief ("something must have happened or he wouldn't have sat out") who should not play when maybe the kid and or one other person(in case someone was framing) really knows the truth.

Even if it is true, why post it all over the internet. They are kids. If the kid is a thief, and I don't know if he is or not, at least he wasn't teaching elementary school students Bible and other subjects at a local private school all the while putting five finger discounts on whatever he wanted. Or maybe like he/she, he is an "addict" and couldn't help it. :lol: That's what the his/her students were told.

These are kids. They are minors. If people don't have something positive to say, don't say it about a minor. Who knows who might get beat up by kids on another team after reading some falsehood posted by some careless poster on the internet.

Sheesh.

Good luck children of 11A. Be safe, have fun and good forturne to all. For you seniors, enjoy your last few days as a "basketball player".

Honestly if you don't like whats being posted you don't have to sign on and read the posts....Also if a kid messes up this is where it will be talked about, It's like last night when kentucky played UT, Bruce pearl said if you turn the ball over or do something wrong you better get ready to here that espn theme music and hear your name getting called out. Some kids if they were to get on here might take it personal when you say "children of 11A"...Their young men, and some who will get to continue to call their selves a "basketball player" as they continue onto college.

Who Dat? Well who will be the saint's this year and pull off the upset?

Cornersville over Richland by 5

Yes I just said cornersville will beat Richland. They've come on strong at the right time of the season. If they can continue this good play then I give them the "W" over Richland.

MTP over Hamshire by 15+

MTP comes in this game after a tough regular season loss to a good CA team. MTP doesn't look back as their athleticism dominates hampshire throughout the gm.

I left out the SF vs Cully gm, what's some thoughts on this gm?

Who ya got and who ya want?

Sheesh.

As much as I hate to agree with wildcatblood, I have to side with him on this one. If you know as soon as you read this stuff that you are going to get mad, why even bother?! And on top of that why bring up things that are over and done with that are only going to cause more trouble. That would be part of the reason on hate coacht would it not?

If the kid really did steal something (not saying he did, not saying he didn't) then yes that means he is a theif aka someone who steals things... I understand that people make mistakes but he should know better. Bottom line.

Why call out a teacher and a school on **COACH**T??? Isn't that what the "sound off" section in the Daily Herald is for?

Sheesh. :lol:

Who Dat? Well who will be the saint's this year and pull off the upset?

Cornersville over Richland by 5

Yes I just said cornersville will beat Richland. They've come on strong at the right time of the season. If they can continue this good play then I give them the "W" over Richland.

MTP over Hamshire by 15+

MTP comes in this game after a tough regular season loss to a good CA team. MTP doesn't look back as their athleticism dominates hampshire throughout the gm.

I left out the SF vs Cully gm, what's some thoughts on this gm?

Who ya got and who ya want?

Richland by 20

Mt Pleasant by 23

Culleoka by 1 in OT