District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

shut up monkey wrench your just mad because your bulldogs choked and got beat again when it counted...culleoka playing for their 5th straight district title so technically ive been on the band wagon for quite some time eh??

GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Choked? Wow... I will say all the CA players didn't show up to play but I wouldn't say they choked either. Lacy made a tough shot at the end to give Cully the win.

so he is basically implying CA is the better team, because to "choke" you have to be better...

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shut up monkey wrench your just mad because your bulldogs choked and got beat again when it counted...culleoka playing for their 5th straight district title so technically ive been on the band wagon for quite some time eh??

GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Choked? Wow... I will say all the CA players didn't show up to play but I wouldn't say they choked either. Lacy made a tough shot at the end to give Cully the win.

so he is basically implying CA is the better team, because to "choke" you have to be better...

Better best player? Yes. Better team? No. Not right now at least.

Cully played well. They won you can say CA choked or didnt show up.. Bottom line Cully players believed they could win and they did. Richland has got to learn that the first 5 min of a game will get you beat.. All year the Raiders have been able to come back in the 4th and win some games. In tourney time you cant do that. I said all year this looked like a different Raider team but undoubtedly they have reverted back to the last couple of years.. MTP couldnt hit a free throw but neither could Richland. So now to Tuesday.. Cully by 5.. CA by 6.. For what its worth i would bet no team from 11a will win a region game.. I hope I am wrong.

I hope the Mt P/Cully game will be the one to watch tomorrow night. Cully is playing with a lot of heart right now... Think it has dawned on the seniors this is it. When it comes down to never putting on the uniform again, folks get serious. Congrats to all who are still in. And I must agree- Slatten is the best coach in the state. He works hard at it. :roll:

CA over Richland 8+

Maybe Williams will get some better support from his teammates. If they show up and act like they don't want to be there like they did against Cully then I will say Richland wins this one 8+.

Cully over MTP 5-

I think Cully is determined right now. They found a way to beat SF and CA. I think they find a way to beat MTP. Slatten I'm sure has come up with a great game plan to stop MTP. The difference in this game could be rebounding and second chance opportunities. Upshaw carries Cully and they knock down free throws down the stretch.

To all 4 of the teams good luck tonight and work hard this week in practice to get ready for the 6A Region Tournament. District 12A thinks they will walk over all of these teams and that no 11A team will win a game. Go prove them all wrong and that 11A is a tough district.

CA over Richland 8+

Maybe Williams will get some better support from his teammates. If they show up and act like they don't want to be there like they did against Cully then I will say Richland wins this one 8+.

Cully over MTP 5-

I think Cully is determined right now. They found a way to beat SF and CA. I think they find a way to beat MTP. Slatten I'm sure has come up with a great game plan to stop MTP. The difference in this game could be rebounding and second chance opportunities. Upshaw carries Cully and they knock down free throws down the stretch.

To all 4 of the teams good luck tonight and work hard this week in practice to get ready for the 6A Region Tournament. District 12A thinks they will walk over all of these teams and that no 11A team will win a game. Go prove them all wrong and that 11A is a tough district.

CA over Richland by 8+

I'm sure CA is ticked about the buzzer beater and just losing period. I'm sure they don't want to go ahead and play perry co. assuming perry county wins the champ. in their district. I think all the CA gaurds do well in this one.

Cully over mtp by 2+

I don't agree slatten is the best coach in the state but maybe the best in district 11-A when it comes to getting his guys focused during the tournaments. Walton and Upshaw needs to have a big gm all around shooting. If thier going to win this gm they need to crash the boards like crazy and drive a lot. Get to the free throw line and knock them down. Keeping your head and boxing out will be important and the key to beating mtp.

Good Luck district 11-A!

CA over Richland 8+

Cully over MTP 5-

CA over Richland by 8+

I'm sure CA is ticked about the buzzer beater and just losing period. I'm sure they don't want to go ahead and play perry co. assuming perry county wins the champ. in their district. I think all the CA gaurds do well in this one.

Cully over mtp by 2+

I don't agree slatten is the best coach in the state but maybe the best in district 11-A when it comes to getting his guys focused during the tournaments. Walton and Upshaw needs to have a big gm all around shooting. If thier going to win this gm they need to crash the boards like crazy and drive a lot. Get to the free throw line and knock them down. Keeping your head and boxing out will be important and the key to beating mtp.

Good Luck district 11-A!

I think CA will win, and i think mTp will win by 10+, its hard to come off a big emotional win like cully had against CA and keep that level up, the only way i can think it won't affect them as much is because its been several days, but still think mtp wins.

Slatton is a good coach, but best in the state? please. if he was the best in the state he would have at least 1 ring out of some of the teams hes had in the last 7 years...

whoever thinks that "coach" slatten is the best coach in the state needs to open their eyes, all he has done is coach talent over the years and underachieved with the talent he did have. well lets put it this way, he is not well liked by anyone at culleoka school, and puts down the boys no matter how well they have done. I completely support the boys and think they have done a wonderful job, but that is just my opinion of "coach" slatten.

I agree Coach Slatten puts the boys down a lot especially at practice but I think he does that to try to motivate them. But I know there have been times where he praises them also especially after wins. I think people laud coaches more after big wins like the other night with the CA game. Cully has lost close ballgames before in our district all year it seems so it was time for them to win a close one. I don't know if Slatten is best in state but he has had success in the past with all of his teams even winning state tourney at Perry Co in the 90's and getting to the final four of state 2 years ago. I know coach is well respected at Culleoka so I don't know where your coming from with saying nobody at Culleoka likes him.

CA by 4

Mt Pleasant by 3

CA by 5--- I believe CA will be fired up to show everyone that they are a better team than they showed the other night.

Mt. pleasant by 5---- I just don't see Cully keeping up with Mt Pleasant's many athletes that can jump and Cully boxes out badly--------I believe that will be the key to the game is keeping Mt pleasant from getting multiple shots off by rebounding and then the seniors for cully have got to start getting hot from 3 point land faster--- earlier in the game!!