District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

I didn't hear anyone complaining when Culleoka was 29-3 last year, or in years past, and have heard very little this year. 21 games with the team he has? Outstanding. Peaking at just the right time late in the season? Even better.

From what I see and hear, his past players who are playing around the state on college and university teams still come home to Culleoka to watch the games, as their schedules allow. Rumor has it they even come home to play pickup games with the high schoolers on the team. That has to say something.

Being tough on a team and your players preseason and early season has it's advantages. The ones who really don't want to be there quit and leave. You are left with the hard nosed kids. The toughest of the tough.

Good luck against Mt. Pleasant tonight. I guarantee you two things. Mt. Pleasant has more talent and Culleoka will be more disciplined. It's a toss up on who will win. If it comes down to MP getting a hot hand they will win. If it comes down to coaching and being disciplined and doing what the coach says, Cully wins.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CA by 4

Mt Pleasant by 3

CA by 5--- I believe CA will be fired up to show everyone that they are a better team than they showed the other night.

Mt. pleasant by 5---- I just don't see Cully keeping up with Mt Pleasant's many athletes that can jump and Cully boxes out badly--------I believe that will be the key to the game is keeping Mt pleasant from getting multiple shots off by rebounding and then the seniors for cully have got to start getting hot from 3 point land faster--- earlier in the game!!

Where do you get Cully can't keep up with MTP? Cully has been the better team both times they have met this year but have given the game away late. No matter what happens tonight, win lose or draw, MTP is the most over-rated team around. Go ahead and say they are ranked 6th in state or 2nd on here blah blah blah, but they are no where close to the same league as the Cully, Summertown or Moore Co. teams that were near the top in recent years.

One more thing, Cully seems to be doing pretty good as of late for having an off year huh? Imagine if they were actually any good...

Where do you get Cully can't keep up with MTP? Cully has been the better team both times they have met this year but have given the game away late. No matter what happens tonight, win lose or draw, MTP is the most over-rated team around. Go ahead and say they are ranked 6th in state or 2nd on here blah blah blah, but they are no where close to the same league as the Cully, Summertown or Moore Co. teams that were near the top in recent years.

I'm sure Cully was the better team tonight too. Why do they need to keep up with teams from past years? They just need to keep up with teams this year. I agree they are ranked too high but rankings mean nothing.

Ok here are the matchups as I understand them--

1 Perry County v 4 CA

2 Summertown v 3 Richland

3 Wayne Co v 2 Cully

4 Cwood v 1 MtPleasant

In these match-ups i say the winners are PC, SHS, WC, and MP. That leaves in the second round:

PC v WC

SHS v MP

Second round winners being PC and SHS. Region 6 champions SHS, runner ups PC. I say all this based on what I have seen this season. SHS played Richland early and at a very bad tim at the school and only lost by 3--I believe the get them this time. PC is BETER than CA. MP is better than Cwood. Gut feeling gives me WC over Cully. Second round I see SHS continuing their domination of MP (beat them twice handily b double didgits. I think WC struggles on a neutral court agains PC sending PC to the title game against SHS. I see SHS finally getting it right versus PC in the title game. Each time they have played this year it has gotten closer--only 3 in the title game of D12. That leaves SHS hosting sub-state and PC going on the road to Clarksville Academy.

Best of luck to all teams!!!! LET THE D12 ROLL ON!!!!!!

CA by 4

Mt Pleasant by 3

CA by 5--- I believe CA will be fired up to show everyone that they are a better team than they showed the other night.

Mt. pleasant by 5---- I just don't see Cully keeping up with Mt Pleasant's many athletes that can jump and Cully boxes out badly--------I believe that will be the key to the game is keeping Mt pleasant from getting multiple shots off by rebounding and then the seniors for cully have got to start getting hot from 3 point land faster--- earlier in the game!!

One more thing, Cully seems to be doing pretty good as of late for having an off year huh? Imagine if they were actually any good...

I would assume from MTP sweeping Cully.