District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could careless if he ever gets punished but if a player does what SH adminstration said this player done then Yes he should be punished the next game if not the remainder of the season. Like I said before I'm glad he played so CA could beat them with him on the court!

First, it is obvious that you do care if he gets punished. You said he should be out for the season. Second, it is very disappointing if the administration from any school discussed a private matter concerning a child. That is very unprofessional. Third, just because a student is accused of something doesn't mean he did it. Fourth, he did play against CA. I think he came in the game sometime during the second quarter. He was not effective at all.

CA beat MP. MP couldn't make easy buckets around the rim. I thought MP played very good defense. That was evident from the fact that CA's leading scorer didn't even score. How often does that happen? But in the end CA did beat MP. That's why you play the game. CA was the better team that night.

First... No I don't care but the proper actions should take place if it did happen no matter what school the player is from. Second... who says that administration discussed this with me or that I'm not part of the administration? Third... something must have happened because the player did not play the 2nd half of the game Saturday night and the player was some how involved even if the player knew he was involved or notl You know that. I don't need to and won't discuss details on here.

Fourth... for the third time I said I'm glad he played against CA even if he didn't have an effect on the game because if he didn't play and CA won MTP fans would be saying well if "Player" played then CA wouldn't have won.

This whole argument isn't like you willie. I looked back through this thread and didn't find one single incident of Mt. Pleasant fans shifting blame anywhere for losses (I admit it was late and I was scanning). I haven't seen them make excuses for not playing well. Why do you keep saying --Fourth... for the third time I said I'm glad he played against CA even if he didn't have an effect on the game because if he didn't play and CA won MTP fans would be saying well if "Player" played then CA wouldn't have won.

I think what Willie is trying to say is that he is glad 23 played in the CA game because he would rather lose with him on the floor than win with him in street cloths sitting on the end of the bench. Just him being a good competitor. That way people (not just MTP fans) can't say "MTP would have won if he had played blah blah blah". In my opinion CA is the much better team with or without 23...

Yes Loretto did beat Cully last night in triple OT. Cully blew 8-10 point leads in both the 4th quarter of regulation and the 1st OT. Couldn't hit free throws. And it didn't help that the best free throw shooter (Upshaw) fouled out with a minute and a half left in the forth. Got to give it to Loretto though, they hit shots with people in their face.

SF lost a close one last night against fairview 45-44. SF had plenty of chances at the end to ice it, but come up short. This gm was a very low fouling. SF never go into the double-double lol. So they missed a few 1-1's at the end. But I want someone on here to answer this question. If you roll the ball in to save time and it keeps rolling and the player doesn't pick the ball up until halfcourt, can the ref call a 5 secound call? The ref claims that if nobody touches it when its inbounded that it still counts as like your still holding the ball waiting to inbound it..? I'd like to know that call, never heard of such. But who cares if cully lost or SF, these gms didn't matter for anything. I'm sure if cully played lorretto again it would be a diff story come tourney time. But SF does take on cully tue. and I expect Cully to play great ball like they always do against SF. Good Luck to the district.

Did the coach bench the player the second half or did the player decide he wasn't playing the second half?

The SH administration and the school SRO stepped in at halftime. I don't think the coach or player had much of a choice. I do know that the MTP administration wanted to wait until after the game to deal with the issue but SH would not have it.

MTP beat Collinwood last night and the kid had a big game.

So did SH benefit from the disruption of the game and players? Did it help the outcome of the situation to disrupt the game? Was it a situation that could have been handled by waiting until the game was over? I get the feeling that you are saying MTP wouldn't have handled it at all.

SF lost a close one last night against fairview 45-44. SF had plenty of chances at the end to ice it, but come up short. This gm was a very low fouling. SF never go into the double-double lol. So they missed a few 1-1's at the end. But I want someone on here to answer this question. If you roll the ball in to save time and it keeps rolling and the player doesn't pick the ball up until halfcourt, can the ref call a 5 secound call? The ref claims that if nobody touches it when its inbounded that it still counts as like your still holding the ball waiting to inbound it..? I'd like to know that call, never heard of such. But who cares if cully lost or SF, these gms didn't matter for anything. I'm sure if cully played lorretto again it would be a diff story come tourney time. But SF does take on cully tue. and I expect Cully to play great ball like they always do against SF. Good Luck to the district.

I can only comment from many moons ago when I played--the ref was right. The 5 second count doesn't stop till someone touches the ball. The floor doesn't count as someone.

TSSAA States that: When is an inbound pass called for five seconds?

The offensive team has five seconds to put the ball into play from out of bounds. Once the offensive player who is inbounding the ball takes control of the ball after a basket or takes control of the ball from the referee, the five second count starts. The five second count stops once it leaves the inbounder’s hands—not when it is touch on the court.

So goes to show the refs need to be sat down and read some rules again....This caused the coach to get T'd up and changed momentum.

I can only comment from many moons ago when I played--the ref was right. The 5 second count doesn't stop till someone touches the ball. The floor doesn't count as someone.

Your wrong, go read the rules! I posted it actually on here, it stops when the ball is released by the inbounder.

TSSAA States that: When is an inbound pass called for five seconds?

The offensive team has five seconds to put the ball into play from out of bounds. Once the offensive player who is inbounding the ball takes control of the ball after a basket or takes control of the ball from the referee, the five second count starts. The five second count stops once it leaves the inbounder’s hands—not when it is touch on the court.

So goes to show the refs need to be sat down and read some rules again....This caused the coach to get T'd up and changed momentum.

Not surprised that some (not all) of the ref's around here didn't know that rule. Nothing with the TSSAA surprises me anymore.

Your wrong, go read the rules! I posted it actually on here, it stops when the ball is released by the inbounder.

Glad you found it. There is no excuse for the ref not knowing the rule--although I think I might be excused for not knowing.