District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

Ca beat Cully tonight....Cully just never seemed to get into rhythm. It was a low scoring gm for the most part as the twins dominated tonights gm. Williams didn't seem to have that much of an affect on the gm tonight but nice win for CA.

Cully missed a lot of easy shots. Williams needs to catch fire again for CA.

I think CA goes to SF and wins by 10+ Friday Night.

yes i agree cully missed easy shots but ca played shut down defense in the 2nd half patterson holding upshaw to 4 points. cully looked slow without him.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ca beat Cully tonight....Cully just never seemed to get into rhythm. It was a low scoring gm for the most part as the twins dominated tonights gm. Williams didn't seem to have that much of an affect on the gm tonight but nice win for CA.

yes i agree cully missed easy shots but ca played shut down defense in the 2nd half patterson holding upshaw to 4 points. cully looked slow without him.

I believe Culleoka needs to have more post play---they always pass it around the perimeter but never insde!! They shoot 7-8 threes and miss consistently; yet, last night there was several times, Cully's big center was open but they did not throw it to him. If Cully does not start getting more post play or getting into him, I am afraid there season may end early. Why can't Cully's guards get that into their heads, if you have good post play---that frees them up for more shots.

Last night, Cully must have missed 5-6 layups---at least 12 points! They have time to get it together but it is going to be tough.

Are you saying he needs to score more?... Cully played good D on him, and looked like to me he got frustrated at times and forced some contested shots. He did hit the open shots though. I expect him to be motivated going into this fridays showdown vs SF and find ways to get open. But if not I wouldn't expect the twins to carry this one on their back in this gm. That's if gairrett stays out of foul trouble. Hands down best Post in the DISTRICT!

Are you saying he needs to score more?... Cully played good D on him, and looked like to me he got frustrated at times and forced some contested shots. He did hit the open shots though. I expect him to be motivated going into this fridays showdown vs SF and find ways to get open. But if not I wouldn't expect the twins to carry this one on their back in this gm. That's if gairrett stays out of foul trouble. Hands down best Post in the DISTRICT!

He hadn't put up the #'s that he normally does lately and his shot has seemed to be off some. He normally shoots the ball well in SF so that might be the place for him to get hot again. Regardless of how he is shooting SF better keep an eye on him at all times. He does more than score and means more to CA than scoring. Williams makes everyone around him better.

You won't get an arguement from me about Garrett. I also think he is the best post player in the district. He is SF's best player peroid. However I do think that the Richardson twins slows SF's post play enough. This game will be won by the guard play from both teams. CA's guards are much better than the SF guards.

Williams is great on offense but lacks the defense, that's probably what the colleges that he's looking at going to has told him and to get his shot off much quicker which he has this year. But I'm going to have to disagree with you when you say ca's gaurds are much better. Best and Gardner are talented young men and especially gardner. He has already had some offers from small schools to play ball. The kid's good. I think this will be a much better gm than some people think. I'll say 10- either way.

Williams is great on offense but lacks the defense, that's probably what the colleges that he's looking at going to has told him and to get his shot off much quicker which he has this year. But I'm going to have to disagree with you when you say ca's gaurds are much better. Best and Gardner are talented young men and especially gardner. He has already had some offers from small schools to play ball. The kid's good. I think this will be a much better gm than some people think. I'll say 10- either way.

Williams has stepped his defense up this year. As I recall he had 4 steals on Madden and 1 jump ball in game 1. That's not all he done in that game plus the other CA guards created several turnovers. The first game was the first game but in that game the CA guards dominated the SF guards including Best and Gardner. I will admit it might be a different game in SF but I still think the advantage goes to CA.

Games for Friday night, February 5th.

CA (currently tied for #1 in 11A) @ Santa Fe (currently #4)

CA won this game at home the first meeting 47-27. The effort on the Santa Fe side was less than what I had expected, and Matthew and Co. took care of business. I expect the CA offense to light it up again, and if Santa Fe's effort is lax again, it could be 20 plus again. I expect a better effort, but still think CA wins by 15.

Richland (currently #3) @ Mt. Pleasant (currently tied for #1 in 11A)

Richland won this game at home the first meeting 62-54. Since that game Mt. Pleasant has won 7 in a row, including 5 district wins. Richland has won 3 and lost 2 since, including a district loss to CA. I think Mt. Pleasant, playing a home, and playing better, wins this game by 10.

Hampshire (currently #6) @ Cornersville (currently #7)

Hampshire won this game at home the first meeting 46-34. Cornersville has not won a game in the district, and has not won a game period since December 11. However, they played Culleoka and Santa Fe close at home last week, so they may be playing much better ball and be in line for a win. Hampshire has lost 6 straight, and has looked uninspired and, by the look of the scores, playing terrible ball right now, losing by an average of 29 points over that span. I think Cornersville, playing at home, wins this game by 8-10 points, for their first district win of the season.

That will finish up district play, with the exception of the Mt. Pleasant at CA game Monday and the Hampshire at Richland make-up, though I have no idea on a make up date for that one.

Any thoughts?

If Sante Fe has the best post playerin the district according to a earlier quote and really good guards that have been offered by small college's then why have they lost so many District games? Just a thought.. Richland will beat MT Pleasant friday night by 1+.. Guarantee they will NOT lose by 10+.. Richland /Hampshire will be played Sat. night @Richland 6pm girls start.. Cant wait til tourney..Go RAIDERS

If Sante Fe has the best post playerin the district according to a earlier quote and really good guards that have been offered by small college's then why have they lost so many District games? Just a thought.. Richland will beat MT Pleasant friday night by 1+.. Guarantee they will NOT lose by 10+.. Richland /Hampshire will be played Sat. night @Richland 6pm girls start.. Cant wait til tourney..Go RAIDERS

He's often got his self into foul trouble the post that is but the last few gms he hasn't been getting in foul trouble and averaging 15+... I only mentioned one gaurd getting the offer. The district has been good this year and 3 of the losses in the district have been by a score of 7 or less. I think some of the guys often see that they are down in the 4th and try to do to much. I'll stick with what I said earlier. This gm will be a close one.

Mt Pleasant Richland was a battle.. MP lead by 13 at halftime.. Richland lead by 2 after 3rd.. MP won by 1... Richland missed one shot with 5 sec. and a putback was blocked.. District tourney better have plenty of security cause this rematch could get ugly.. 3 Tech's in this game.. 1 on MP coaach 2 others on MP players... TONS of fouls on both teams... Cant wait til Tourney should be one of the better Tourneys in this district in a few years...