Halls (2-1) at Lake County (2-1)

tigertiger

I have no dog in this fight but are you saying nobody in the district can come within 35 points of UC. If Campbell stays healthy for HBT that will be a good game to see. It will be alot of scoring in that game i am not saying HBT will beat UC but it wan't be a 35 point spread either. You know more about the LC program than i but i believe LC is a little better than you give them credit for and good luck the rest of the year!

You're right.I was really talking about the Single A teams like South Fulton,Halls,Greenfield,Lake Co.Even though Humboldt and Trenton are in the district I consider them Double a schools since they go seperate ways in the playoffs.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy there Seminole...one game at a time please!

Speaking of schedules and what not, I notice that Lake County is the only team Halls has played every year this decade. The database doesn't go back any further than 2000 so I'm not sure how many years in a row we have actually played.

This rivalry is definitely nothing like it was in the 80s when one loss put you out of the playoffs. Many years one of us would go 9-1 and miss out on the playoffs because back then only one team made it from each district. That was a little ridiculous, but not as it has been the past few years where some teams could get in by only winning one game (like we have done a few years ago :thumb: ).

Looking forward to the game tomorrow night...I just hope it doesn't rain.

As for Dresden, I don't think the Lions' fans have to worry...we are well aware of your resurgence this season. I know you folks have to be very excited up there!!!

Its been a long time since a certain night in 1980 when a certain little boy rode with his parents to see what we thought was going to be an almost certain (once again) loss. Halls, however, had a very good football team led by the states 100 meter champion Micheal Hudson. Lake County was ranked #1 in the state (and rightfully so) and were led by none other than current Giants GM Jerry Reese. I don't vividly remember, but I have been told that Micheal Hudson lined up at MLB for the tigers that night. The Falcons off of a 28-0 victory over Union City were riding high and looking to destroy the tigers in similar fashion. Halls seemed to barely be able to get first downs in the first half against a gigantic Falcon front seven, but the falcons ground game was also struggling and at halftime the Tigers lead was 3-0. The third quarter flashed by without a score, and with about 4:30 minutes left in the game an over matched but game Tiger defense finally gave way as the Falcons broke a long one (I couldn't tell you if it was a Flagg or an Avery but I guarantee you it was one or the other). The game ended 13-3 as I recall (I may be wrong), but as losses go I was proud to be a Tiger that night. Lake County went on to win the State Title 28-0. The next year the Halls Tigers were preseason #1 in the state and if it weren't for the injury of Micheal Hudson there would probably be a sign in Halls saying 1981 State Champions as the Tigers defeated the Falcons 24-6.

Its been a long time since a certain night in 1980 when a certain little boy rode with his parents to see what we thought was going to be an almost certain (once again) loss. Halls, however, had a very good football team led by the states 100 meter champion Micheal Hudson. Lake County was ranked #1 in the state (and rightfully so) and were led by none other than current Giants GM Jerry Reese. I don't vividly remember, but I have been told that Micheal Hudson lined up at MLB for the tigers that night. The Falcons off of a 28-0 victory over Union City were riding high and looking to destroy the tigers in similar fashion. Halls seemed to barely be able to get first downs in the first half against a gigantic Falcon front seven, but the falcons ground game was also struggling and at halftime the Tigers lead was 3-0. The third quarter flashed by without a score, and with about 4:30 minutes left in the game an over matched but game Tiger defense finally gave way as the Falcons broke a long one (I couldn't tell you if it was a Flagg or an Avery but I guarantee you it was one or the other). The game ended 13-3 as I recall (I may be wrong), but as losses go I was proud to be a Tiger that night. Lake County went on to win the State Title 28-0. The next year the Halls Tigers were preseason #1 in the state and if it weren't for the injury of Micheal Hudson there would probably be a sign in Halls saying 1981 State Champions as the Tigers defeated the Falcons 24-6.

I guess I'm getting too old..Maybe I've just seen so many games ,I have forgotten the score on a lot of them..I thought Lake Co won the game you're talking about 20-7 and went on to defeat Meigs Co by the same score..You may be right about the Halls score but I thought Halls was just as good that year as Meigs Co..Back then only 1 team could go..If it was like its been the past few years ..Halls may have played Lake Co again in the playoffs and never know what would have happened..Hudson was a speedster and a special player.

Lake Co won tonight 23-18 in a game that I thought was sloppy from both sides..I've been reading about how anemic Halls had been playing on offense and #7 from Halls looked pretty good..So..either he has been hurt and not been playing or the offense or Halls was waiting on the Lake Co defense licking their chops..I actually quit watching the game and started talking because of the lack of defense by Lake Co..Halls was beating Lake Co on basic screen plays..around the ends just about every time and I thought Lake Co had a pretty good secondary until tonight against a Halls team that's not going to beat a lot of teams throwing the ball..at least on deep balls..Both teams had fumbles,interceptions and it was a 23-18 lead withclose to 5 minutes to go in the game..Lake Co had the ball with a 4th and 1 at about their own 40 yard line.Pick up a first down and the game is pretty well over or at least with 1 more first down..Lake Co elected to punt..I could see doing that since if Lake Co didn't make it..Halls wouldn't have far to go..But I would have went for it because Lake Co was getting about 3 or 4 yards all night and the Lake Co defense hadn't really done that good ..Now if it would have been the defense of old..would have definitely punted.Halls got the ball back and was moving the ball but ended up getting a penalty for 5 yards ,I believe on 1st or 2nd down..It was a crucial penalty because a play later Halls was faced with a 4th and 9..The Halls quarterback took off and ran hard and was stopped about a foot short of the first down..Had they not had the penalty earlier..would have picked up the first down and would have been on about the 30 yard line with about a minute and a half left.May have come back and won.Two pretty even teams.at least Lake Co picked up a sloppy win..better than a sloppy loss..A loss may have knocked Halls out of the playoffs unless they really get on a roll and win just about every game

Lake Co won tonight 23-18 in a game that I thought was sloppy from both sides..I've been reading about how anemic Halls had been playing on offense and #7 from Halls looked pretty good..So..either he has been hurt and not been playing or the offense or Halls was waiting on the Lake Co defense licking their chops..I actually quit watching the game and started talking because of the lack of defense by Lake Co..Halls was beating Lake Co on basic screen plays..around the ends just about every time and I thought Lake Co had a pretty good secondary until tonight against a Halls team that's not going to beat a lot of teams throwing the ball..at least on deep balls..Both teams had fumbles,interceptions and it was a 23-18 lead withclose to 5 minutes to go in the game..Lake Co had the ball with a 4th and 1 at about their own 40 yard line.Pick up a first down and the game is pretty well over or at least with 1 more first down..Lake Co elected to punt..I could see doing that since if Lake Co didn't make it..Halls wouldn't have far to go..But I would have went for it because Lake Co was getting about 3 or 4 yards all night and the Lake Co defense hadn't really done that good ..Now if it would have been the defense of old..would have definitely punted.Halls got the ball back and was moving the ball but ended up getting a penalty for 5 yards ,I believe on 1st or 2nd down..It was a crucial penalty because a play later Halls was faced with a 4th and 9..The Halls quarterback took off and ran hard and was stopped about a foot short of the first down..Had they not had the penalty earlier..would have picked up the first down and would have been on about the 30 yard line with about a minute and a half left.May have come back and won.Two pretty even teams.at least Lake Co picked up a sloppy win..better than a sloppy loss..A loss may have knocked Halls out of the playoffs unless they really get on a roll and win just about every game

Bigster.You are right about the game.Here's my opinion and I may get blasted but if most posters will tell the truth.going to say the same thing.No.They're thinking the same thing I am but just not wanting to say it because some of the players may be reading.First..Killem..Yall ain't killing em.Talking about not having mercy on teams and being back to the teams of old.The defense is terrible.I thought they were actually better than last year but the truth is if last years team had played Fulton City,Fulton Co and Halls.I don't believe they would have allowed as many points.I'm not convinced they're better.And the offense sure isn't.I know everyone is glad that the team is 3-1.I am also.But get real.Two of the teams were like middle school teams and Halls is about like Lake Co.an average team.Not much difference in the two teams.Now I know you,falconfan,speller oo7 and some of the others were shaking their heads when Lake Co didn't go for the first down.I certainly was.I would have rather took my chances on the offense picking up 1 yard than the defense stopping anybody.I would just about bet falcon fan or speller will say or was thinking the same thing.to go for the first down.Falcon fan will say,but I'm not the coach.He's right.We're aren't.But do we really have a coach.I never see him hardly do or say anything.Greg Ross is running the show.If my defense isn't better than what I've seen and I'm the head coach.believe I would take over.The only reason Lake Co is 3-1 is because of the schedule.They have a chance to finish 8-2 because of the schedule.On record ,people are going to say.That new coach did a good job.In reality,a middle school team could beat most of the teams on the schedule.I thought the defense was better but the ends are terrible.no linebackers at all ,other than Chris Rogers.The secondary has speed in Rafael and Patrick and the safety is so so and Hockett should stick to basketball.From what I saw he couldn't guard my grandmother.Anyway.doesn't matter if some of you blast me.I like Lake Co football.Not much else to do in a small town.But everyone knows the schedule is the reson Lake Co is 3-1.And even at the weak schedule.the defense isn't very good.Coach.You need to take over now and put Greg Ross on the sidelines and watching you!

Congrats on the win Falcons!

Halls brought their A game last night to Tiptonville. I thought we were the better team on this night. The stats even showed it, except for the one that mattered on the scoreboard.

First Downs: Halls 20, LC 5

Plays: Halls 71, LC 38

The difference: a 51-yard busted coverage touchdown reception, a broken 80-yard touchdown dash on third and 17 and a fumble on our own 20 late in the first half that led to easy points. Without that, Halls wins by two touchdowns...easily.

I'm not bitter; just disappointed for the kids because they played HARD for four quarters and couldn't come away with the win. The two 80-plus yard drives were simply amazing; one going for 20 plays, not counting the penalties.

Davidson (#7) had a great night eating up the interior of the defense. Henning (#30) had his best night at QB with those perfectly thrown TD passes.

Nothing against Hays (#12) for LC, but if I was coaching the Falcons, I would line up Robertson (#6) at QB for EVERY play and let him either hand it off, throw it or run it himself. He is too athletic to not touch the ball every play on offense.

Good game Falcons! I said before the game that the winner would get the second playoff spot in 14A; I still believe it but we can only hope we win the games we are suppose to the rest of the way and find a way to sneak in with the Wild Card. Good luck the rest of the way!!!