Baylor at MBA

Letsplayball

Thanks to a good hire at UTC, Baylor has a very good QB while MBA is breaking in a new one. I am not sure if Williams will be back for Baylor but in light of MBA's defense being "average" (or so saith the wizard K Woodruff), I am going to take the real Big Red

Baylor 28

MBA 20

"Wizard" is a new onw, though preferable to the last thing I was called here ("liberal nerd"). MBA has given up 28, 50, and 23 points in their last three outings. I think "average" is almost generous. Again. most of the problem stems from the line-play.

There's an interesting theory floated by a friend, who tells me the linemen are being encouraged to lift in the winter, and run track in the spring. His take is that in years prior (when the formaer Titan's lineman was coaching, Jason Matthews, I think) linemen were encouraged to wrestle, as that improved footwork and hand skills. No idea if the idea has any real merit, but it does sound interesting.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to a good hire at UTC, Baylor has a very good QB while MBA is breaking in a new one. I am not sure if Williams will be back for Baylor but in light of MBA's defense being "average" (or so saith the wizard K Woodruff), I am going to take the real Big Red

Baylor 28

MBA 20

"Wizard" is a new onw, though preferable to the last thing I was called here ("liberal nerd"). MBA has given up 28, 50, and 23 points in their last three outings. I think "average" is almost generous. Again. most of the problem stems from the line-play.

There's an interesting theory floated by a friend, who tells me the linemen are being encouraged to lift in the winter, and run track in the spring. His take is that in years prior (when the formaer Titan's lineman was coaching, Jason Matthews, I think) linemen were encouraged to wrestle, as that improved footwork and hand skills. No idea if the idea has any real merit, but it does sound interesting.

You are hereby dubbed "The Wizard of West End"; very few liberals survive that part of town.

Kwoodriff, from you profile it shows Ft. Lauderdale so I don't suppose you will be at the game. I always enjoy reading your posts. You are very knowledgeable about MBA and are very passionate about your school. I share that same kind of passion for Baylor and always will. I look forward to the trip to MBA and really expect a good, close game.

Kwoodriff, from you profile it shows Ft. Lauderdale so I don't suppose you will be at the game. I always enjoy reading your posts. You are very knowledgeable about MBA and are very passionate about your school. I share that same kind of passion for Baylor and always will. I look forward to the trip to MBA and really expect a good, close game.

Thank you for your very kind post. Yes, sadly my exile in Florida continues, with no end in sight. I've been an MBA fan since '68 when they were the most powerful team in Nashville. I was at the Ensworth game, but probably will not get back until January or so. They do a very nice tailgate now for the alumni, which i thoroughly enjoyed. I'll make that a yearly trip (my last two MBA games were at Cincinnati last year and the Ryan game at the cesspit out at Greer the year before. Still, as an alumnus from the '70's, I'd sit pretty much anywhere under any circumstances to watch MBA hammer Ryan, with the only concern being how to use the time outs in an effort to make the rubble bounce).

If there's one benefit from the split, it's the fact that MBA now plays Baylor and McCallie, whom we should have been playing yearly due to the similarities in the schools. My trips to the Baylor Relays impressed me with how similar the schools were (and what a beautiful campus!).

Good luck Friday and have a safe trip. I'm sure you'll find the MBA people very hospitable. I hope the MBA team is a bit less so.

Baylor 28

MBA 20

You are hereby dubbed "The Wizard of West End"; very few liberals survive that part of town.

What is wrong with being a "liberal nerd"? Liberal nerds are among the nicest people I know.

Kwoodroof

Thank you for your very kind post. Yes, sadly my exile in Florida continues, with no end in sight. I've been an MBA fan since '68 when they were the most powerful team in Nashville. I was at the Ensworth game, but probably will not get back until January or so. They do a very nice tailgate now for the alumni, which i thoroughly enjoyed. I'll make that a yearly trip (my last two MBA games were at Cincinnati last year and the Ryan game at the cesspit out at Greer the year before. Still, as an alumnus from the '70's, I'd sit pretty much anywhere under any circumstances to watch MBA hammer Ryan, with the only concern being how to use the time outs in an effort to make the rubble bounce).

If there's one benefit from the split, it's the fact that MBA now plays Baylor and McCallie, whom we should have been playing yearly due to the similarities in the schools. My trips to the Baylor Relays impressed me with how similar the schools were (and what a beautiful campus!).

Good luck Friday and have a safe trip. I'm sure you'll find the MBA people very hospitable. I hope the MBA team is a bit less so.[/code]

An exile in Florida sounds pretty good sometimes...however, I am sure you miss Tennessee. Are you able to pick up the MBA games on radio in Florida? If not, you can go to Baylor's website and click on live web and get radio coverage on it. They have 2 students a year that is over broadcasting, they even sell advertising for the show. It is for students that want to pursue a career in broadcasting. It is pretty neat but even in Chattanooga, the station is alittle fuzzy. AM station. It sounds like, for you, the Father Ryan game is a big rivarly?

I am sure I will enjoy the trip to MBA....I expect nothing but a hard fought match from both teams.