Baylor at MBA

Letsplayball

MBA does astreaming video that's generally pretty good. Thgey do a good job with the camera angle, and the broadcasters are knowledgeable and not especially partisan. Prior to that, they had a streaming audio, which was very good. I'm old enough to remember listening to football games on the radio, so it's still a good experience to me.

I graduated from MBA in '79. BA had by that time moved up to AA, but we had no contact with them beyond 8th grade games. Ryan was the rivalry, and frequently the giggest game in the city. In '71, there were 28,000 at Vanderbilt to see the game. With Ryan's difficulties in football over the past few years, BA, and now Ensworth are considered the big games.

As to Florida, the first time a hurricane sits over your house for four hours, most of the enchantment is gone. And while they play some of the best HS football in the country, with a very few exceptions, it tends to be very poorly attended.

Again, have a safe, but slightly disappointing trip!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea if I'm a nerd or not, but no one who knows me would accuse me of being liberal. I'm much too keen on keeping the money I earn, and not giving money to people who don't work, to ever be a very good liberal.

I couldn't agree with you more here!

As for the football game I am sure this will be a tough game for Baylor to win on the road. Here's to hoping the Red Raiders bring a victory back to Chattanooga. Go Red Bank!

the rainy weather will be a factor in the game. it should benefit MBA, because they are used to the turf and are used to running the ball every play if they have to. last time mba played in the rain and on turf, though, they had 5 fumbles which lost them the game (at MUS in the playoffs last year). that shouldnt happen again.

roll red.

I think this will be a great high school football game. Still think MBA puts it together for a big division win.

Redtwin, you have been quite....what is your take on the game.

I've been too busy with homework to really have an opinion. I don't know anything about this year's McCalllie team, but I expect that they'll be well coached. MBA's gonna have to get some stops and protect the football. I might try to make it over to the Hill tonight for a bit.

I think this will be a great high school football game. Still think MBA puts it together for a big division win.

Redtwin, you have been quite....what is your take on the game.

I've been too busy with homework to really have an opinion. I don't know anything about this year's McCalllie team, but I expect that they'll be well coached. MBA's gonna have to get some stops and protect the football. I might try to make it over to the Hill tonight for a bit.

Man you really have been busy with homework. And you are going to be surprised when you get to the Hill and see McCallie wearing RED.

Halftime score: MBA 17 Baylor 0. Baylor cannot get anything going on offense at all. Alot of turnover problems. Baylor has turned the ball over 3 times with one interception leading to a touchdown. Also had a dropped punt block that also lead to a score. According to the announcer's (MBA's) their defense is playing there best this season. Unless the Red Raiders can get on track soon in the 2nd half...it will be a long half for Baylor.

Final score MBA 17 Baylor 0. Sloppy, sloppy play by Baylor and great defense by MBA. I lost count of the Baylor turnovers...I think around 6 and a blocked punt. Red Raiders had 2 opportunities inside the 10 to score and fumbled and was intercepted in the 4th quarter. Nice defense by MBA to make those stops. Will be a long wide home for Baylor for sure. Congratulations to MBA.