Baylor at MBA

Letsplayball

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts on this game. Baylor seems to be riding high behind an explosive offense while MBA is struggling. Is MBA ripe for the picking or will they rally to defeat Baylor?

I know next to nothing about Baylor. MBA has had difficulty stopping...well, pretty much everything. Nobody has passed a great deal because there's been no real need to do so. Had Maplewood's coach realized that, MBA might well be 1-3.

This is not knocking my team. This senior class is just not as deep a class of football players as some of the previous teams have been. Remove Colbert and Griscom and you remove a lot of the leadership. Prior to Colbert's injury, RollRedRoll's preseason analysis was pretty much dead on: MBA will score a lot of points, but will give up more than they have in the past. Right now, they're struggling with a very young QB. If they can develop a passing attack with East, they'll be able to generate points, despite a fairly average line. The defensive line problems, however, dictate that MBA needs to score a lot. That makes the margin for error awfully thin.

Any thoughts on this game. Baylor seems to be riding high behind an explosive offense while MBA is struggling. Is MBA ripe for the picking or will they rally to defeat Baylor?

I know next to nothing about Baylor. MBA has had difficulty stopping...well, pretty much everything. Nobody has passed a great deal because there's been no real need to do so. Had Maplewood's coach realized that, MBA might well be 1-3.

This is not knocking my team. This senior class is just not as deep a class of football players as some of the previous teams have been. Remove Colbert and Griscom and you remove a lot of the leadership. Prior to Colbert's injury, RollRedRoll's preseason analysis was pretty much dead on: MBA will score a lot of points, but will give up more than they have in the past. Right now, they're struggling with a very young QB. If they can develop a passing attack with East, they'll be able to generate points, despite a fairly average line. The defensive line problems, however, dictate that MBA needs to score a lot. That makes the margin for error awfully thin.

I dont think their OLine is average, they pushed around everyone except Independance, and that was because Indy loaded 9 people in the box because MBA wouldnt throw. The line pushed around Pearl Cohn for an amazing amount of rushing offense, they pushed Maplewood around up front and that won the game for them, against Ensworth's highly touted DLine, they really had no trouble, but EHS racked up the point, and with Colbert's scary injury that team just wasnt going to win.

I hope you are right bgaballer...but regardless of MBA's struggles so far this will be a huge test for Baylor. This game means alot of both teams so we will see how it goes. BGA was a great test for the Red Raiders but going on the road to MBA will be a large task. I think the guys can do it and will go with my heart. Go Baylor!

Baylor 31

MBA 28

From the one game I did see Baylor (against BGA) they were very tough. Great play from the QB, running backs and receivers. This should be a very good game and I know MBA will fight back strong. I would expect a close game but I think Baylor guts it out.

Baylor 28

MBA 24

I dont think their OLine is average, they pushed around everyone except Independance, and that was because Indy loaded 9 people in the box because MBA wouldnt throw. The line pushed around Pearl Cohn for an amazing amount of rushing offense, they pushed Maplewood around up front and that won the game for them, against Ensworth's highly touted DLine, they really had no trouble, but EHS racked up the point, and with Colbert's scary injury that team just wasnt going to win.

I'm sticking with "average." Again, you have to consider the quality of opponents, and remember that we're just hitting the part of the season where you can see what teams have. P-C is giving up 27 points per game, and they have one win. Maplewood is giving up almost 20 a game, and of their two wins, the Hillsboro win may not be that much, given that they're currently 1-3.

If MBA can throw enough to make it a reasonable threat, they will score points. But if they have to run the ball almost exclusively, we may be looking at something like Rutledge's last season, for pretty much the same reason.

It looks like MBA has been struggling so far. Baylor is off to a 4-0 start with all being sound victories. But possibly the only real test to date has been BGA as Tyner is having a down year. However...the 4-0 start and 1-0 in the region is huge to date.

Traveling to MBA will not be easy....and it never is. This game will tell alot about the Red Raiders and Coach Massey will have them well prepared. I look forward to the game as I will be traveling from Chattanooga.

Baylor 24

MBA 17

This will be Baylor's first out of town road trip this year. Last year's meeting between MBA and the Red Raiders was a defensive struggle with MBA winning either 17-3 or 14-3...short memory but either way not alot of scoring. I think this year will be different on offense with alot of points potentially going up. MBA is always well coached and they will be prepared. Baylor is playing with alot of confidence but realizes that anytime you play at MBA you have a fight on you hands.

I look forward to the trip to MBA and tailgating with my fellow fans.

Baylor 28

MBA 24