McKenzie vs Gleason

VOLnWTN

I was also suprised how easily the Rebels dominated the game early. 2nd quarter on Gleason could do nothing. I did notice looking at the weights of the line for Gleason they were not as big as in years past. But give credit to Coach Lampkins and his staff.

Oh and I will also say they got rooked on 2 calls by the officials. The one horsecollar call was not there. We thought in the box that they were going to get the Rebels for illegal hands to the face. And the pass inteference down around the goal line was total non-sense. Great play by the Bulldog DB.

Good luck to Gleason the rest of the way.

Now on to Humboldt...........

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also suprised how easily the Rebels dominated the game early. 2nd quarter on Gleason could do nothing. I did notice looking at the weights of the line for Gleason they were not as big as in years past. But give credit to Coach Lampkins and his staff.

Oh and I will also say they got rooked on 2 calls by the officials. The one horsecollar call was not there. We thought in the box that they were going to get the Rebels for illegal hands to the face. And the pass inteference down around the goal line was total non-sense. Great play by the Bulldog DB.

Vol fan evidently you didnt go to the jr. high game the night before... lol mckenzie was playing gleason plus the 4 officials. they blew several calls that were game changers, the guy that got took down by his face mask and fumbled and ref couldnt find his flag so he didnt call one.. lol.. none of the calls friday night had an affect on the game, it wasnt even a close game, there was some questionable calls for both sides. That is highschool football though.. when score is 41 to 0, you cant go complaining about to two calls LOL. IF not for mercy rule it would have been 60 to O.

The horse collar I have no idea, but the pass interference was actually face guarding. DB made no attempt at the ball. I was standing within 20 feet of the play it was a good call. Other then the call you mentioned I thought officials did good job, not the case the night before on the taters field. Good luck Gleason with rest of your season hope you win the the rest of your schedule.

GO REBELS

Well, this is the first time I've posted on Coacht this year and probably the third time i've even been on the site this year. To get to my point and clear some things up: I have the upmost respect for every player on Mck team. I know how hard they work. I know they have guys that play through pain. And i envy the type of commitment they have over there.

I probably shouldn't even post at all but I'm going to. First of all, I did not call #20 weak personally. The comment I made (in mind with Fussell (aka super linebacker) being gone and new people at inside lb's) was the point that we didn't feel like Mck was as good there as the previous year. It was not a comment that Hargrove or whoever was horrible or whatever. I had to find something and some way to motivate and try to get our guys to believe we could compete. And by trying to make them believe that maybe there was an area to exploit, we might play above our heads a little. It's not personal and obviously some kid on my team took it that way and felt the need to talk about it. Obviously that was not the case. Best linebackers and defense we've played against sense we played against you guys and Union City last year. Good luck to Mckenzie the rest of this season and the playoffs.

Noah thank you for the explanation, that puts what was said into perspective! and i apologize sincerly for having bad feelings when i heard it,like i said i have much love for the bulldogs thats what made it little worse when heard it but no hard feelings now and hope you guys win the rest of them!!! and butchie i didnt wear a button up shirt but made it to the game ok thanks for the concern.

Yeah, I was there. I got one playing. And you are right. The most brutal officiating I have ever seen. You probably heard me in the stands if you were in the bleachers. Well, for that fact, if you were still in McKenzie you probably heard me. I never get on officials like I did the other night.

Vol fan evidently you didnt go to the jr. high game the night before... lol mckenzie was playing gleason plus the 4 officials. they blew several calls that were game changers, the guy that got took down by his face mask and fumbled and ref couldnt find his flag so he didnt call one.. lol.. none of the calls friday night had an affect on the game, it wasnt even a close game, there was some questionable calls for both sides. That is highschool football though.. when score is 41 to 0, you cant go complaining about to two calls LOL. IF not for mercy rule it would have been 60 to O.

Who are you? I wasn't complaining I just know those two calls were questionable. I had a pretty good view of them from where I was.

Thanks Chip. LJ and I in the booth kind of thought it was face guarding. I did not see the horse collar but it could have happened.

The horse collar I have no idea, but the pass interference was actually face guarding. DB made no attempt at the ball. I was standing within 20 feet of the play it was a good call. Other then the call you mentioned I thought officials did good job, not the case the night before on the taters field. Good luck Gleason with rest of your season hope you win the the rest of your schedule.

GO REBELS

Coach you are doing a great job over there. We respect you guys tremendously. Class people in Gleason.

Well, this is the first time I've posted on Coacht this year and probably the third time i've even been on the site this year. To get to my point and clear some things up: I have the upmost respect for every player on Mck team. I know how hard they work. I know they have guys that play through pain. And i envy the type of commitment they have over there.

I probably shouldn't even post at all but I'm going to. First of all, I did not call #20 weak personally. The comment I made (in mind with Fussell (aka super linebacker) being gone and new people at inside lb's) was the point that we didn't feel like Mck was as good there as the previous year. It was not a comment that Hargrove or whoever was horrible or whatever. I had to find something and some way to motivate and try to get our guys to believe we could compete. And by trying to make them believe that maybe there was an area to exploit, we might play above our heads a little. It's not personal and obviously some kid on my team took it that way and felt the need to talk about it. Obviously that was not the case. Best linebackers and defense we've played against sense we played against you guys and Union City last year. Good luck to Mckenzie the rest of this season and the playoffs.