Franklin HS (3-1) at Hillsboro HS (1-3)

retired rebel 64

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have been with holding my comments about last week's "game" and this week's "game". I use that term lightly since I have now seen the Franklin vs Ooltewah film from last week and know what the Rebels are up against tonight at Hillsboro.

First, I'm not really sure what goes through Franklin's offensive coaches minds. I understand the theory that Mr. Longhorns keeps trying to make that you have to have a balanced offensive attack, and he is right that it has to be balanced, but why in the world would FHS abort the run against OHS and switch to 100% pass??? How many times are they going to let that young QB throw that quick pass outside?? I mean did he complete it once against OHS??? I will say that penalties were drive killers for the Rebels last week, but that comes from team discipline and a little bit of home cooking (from what my at the site source tells me). As for the defense, it seemed like they did make adjustments (fbforme accused them of making none) but that they just didn't slow down Ooltewah. Anyways, hopefully the Rebels have learned from their shortcomings, but as we all know, they probably haven't.

So here we go into tonight's contest. If Mr. Longhorn holds true to his past statements and football beliefs, expect Franklin to be slinging the rock tonight. "you know it's important to work on their pass game against a weeker opponent" So dumb. Hopefully the Rebels can keep the ball on the ground, work on the run game tonight, and get some confidence brewing in the offensive line. I will be heading to see my boys Indy keep their roll going against CHS tonight, so I might have to miss this bore fest. But I have a feeling I won't be missing much.

Despite all the offensive woes for the Rebels, they will still pull out the win and keep the onlookers fooled. FHS - 24 HHS 10

PS, smkymtncenter have we met before? You're posts sound aweful familiar dry.gif

Well I have been with holding my comments about last week's "game" and this week's "game". I use that term lightly since I have now seen the Franklin vs Ooltewah film from last week and know what the Rebels are up against tonight at Hillsboro.

First, I'm not really sure what goes through Franklin's offensive coaches minds. I understand the theory that Mr. Longhorns keeps trying to make that you have to have a balanced offensive attack, and he is right that it has to be balanced, but why in the world would FHS abort the run against OHS and switch to 100% pass??? How many times are they going to let that young QB throw that quick pass outside?? I mean did he complete it once against OHS??? I will say that penalties were drive killers for the Rebels last week, but that comes from team discipline and a little bit of home cooking (from what my at the site source tells me). As for the defense, it seemed like they did make adjustments (fbforme accused them of making none) but that they just didn't slow down Ooltewah. Anyways, hopefully the Rebels have learned from their shortcomings, but as we all know, they probably haven't.

So here we go into tonight's contest. If Mr. Longhorn holds true to his past statements and football beliefs, expect Franklin to be slinging the rock tonight. "you know it's important to work on their pass game against a weeker opponent" So dumb. Hopefully the Rebels can keep the ball on the ground, work on the run game tonight, and get some confidence brewing in the offensive line. I will be heading to see my boys Indy keep their roll going against CHS tonight, so I might have to miss this bore fest. But I have a feeling I won't be missing much.

Despite all the offensive woes for the Rebels, they will still pull out the win and keep the onlookers fooled. FHS - 24 HHS 10

PS, smkymtncenter have we met before? You're posts sound aweful familiar dry.gif

How did you get to see the film? Are you a coach? I only get to watch it again when the county runs the game on the cable. Anyways, I am going to be nice. I tried (if you look at my posts) to start off by defending the coaches. I was saying that the QB coach would make the QB better and the OL coach would make the line better: But then I witnessed last Friday night and :thumb: nothing more to say. (except for the fact that if there was adjustments made then please post them on here for me so that I will now understand)

That is why I was so ugly toward the coaches last week. Anyways let's all get back on board and win one tonight. :blink:

I say Franklin 28-21 in an ugly game at times, but we come away with the victory!!

GO REBELS!!

Unfortunately, Hillsboro is having to adjust to a ton of things, mainly 5A Football. I've watched them dominate "Passing League" Tournaments during the summer but playing big-boy football has been tough on them. I feel like regardless of the beginning of their season, this game will be closer than most might believe. The Franklin/Hillsboro Rivalry is second-to-none. I wish the Burros the best of luck...however, the Rebels are a solid team with lots of talent. The loss to Ooltawah was a wake-up call! Franklin over Hillsboro: 21-20!

Unfortunately, Hillsboro is having to adjust to a ton of things, mainly 5A Football. I've watched them dominate "Passing League" Tournaments during the summer but playing big-boy football has been tough on them.

5A is the almost exact same teams that the old 4A was. Also, HHS has played the likes of MBA, and Franklin during the regular season each of the last two years, while scrimmaging the likes of BA, Ensworth, Smyrna, etc. I'd say they are well aware of what "big-boy" football is. I think there are many factors in the terrible season HHS is in the process of having. Some of it has to do with the competition of District 11-AAA and the non-district opponents, but when HHS is getting blown out by the likes of Maplewood and Whites Creek (at home), teams they have dominated for years, something bigger is amiss. I just hope HHS does whatever it takes to get it corrected. I sure don't want to see HHS football become a doormat all over again.

Great game Rebels!!!! Limited the penalties, run game was sound and all that previous game experience is starting to payoff for the passing game (as I stated before). Yeah sooooooooooo dumb pfffffff. Defense looking better as well, a well called game from the defensive side of the ball. Hillsboro is down this year which is amazing because I saw a lot of speed and talent on that team. The Rebels could be really good on offense if they can keep the secondary back with the passing game (Hillsboro was backed off, not like BGA, Christian, or Ooltewah with one of the best Dlines in the state), which will only open up the running game and make it easier for the oline and backs. Still have to see if they can do it two weeks in a row though.

Prayers to friends and family of Keylo Lee. Lost a great player for the Rebels on offense and defense. He will be missed. He has been a great player for three years.

2-0 in the district Rebs!!! Keep it going!!!

Over the last 10 years 4A has been a stronger classification than 5A. Outside of the private schools, 4A has been better across the state. Take Rutherford Co out of the mix, 4A has been way better. It's obvious that HHS did not make the right hire for Head Coach ( nothing personal ). There are enough key players that returned from last year to build around to have a competitive team. From what I've seen and heard, they are not a good football team. Williamson Co. is fortunate that the reclassification did not take place 10 years ago as you would all be chasing HHS.