18) Dennis Ramsey--Claiborne

19) Jamal King--Cleveland

20) Terry Roberts--Gibbs

21) Julian McBee--Central

22) CJ Alred--Clinton

23) Cody Burrell--Walker Valley

24) Brett Wade--Central

25) Taylor Broussard--Catholic

Who is missing? What problems do you see with these rankings?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching these kids play the last few weeks at the Rocky Top league, I'm extremely confident saying that Sherill is not ranked too high. Broussard has shown he belongs in these rankings too and really you could add the 6/7 Bodewig from Catholic too. Rather played the first week and he is very good, but he has not been back since. One thing that has become obvious is that most of the players from Knoxville are better than most of the players on the county teams. It's one of the first things you notice watching these games. I'm not saying it's the rule, but the surrounding county players on this list have shown out. I think Wesley is a more proven and more skilled guard than Roberts from Gibbs, but the other players listed are awfully good. To put him above Wade, McBee, or Alred would be tough to do. I do not know 2 of the 3 Cleveland kids or the kid from Walker Valley. If you notice, Rather is the top single A player on the list. He should have a great senior season for a very good OS team.

Playoffs for the league are this weekend at Alcoa and next at Maryville College.

Watching these kids play the last few weeks at the Rocky Top league, I'm extremely confident saying that Sherill is not ranked too high. Broussard has shown he belongs in these rankings too and really you could add the 6/7 Bodewig from Catholic too. Rather played the first week and he is very good, but he has not been back since. One thing that has become obvious is that most of the players from Knoxville are better than most of the players on the county teams. It's one of the first things you notice watching these games. I'm not saying it's the rule, but the surrounding county players on this list have shown out. I think Wesley is a more proven and more skilled guard than Roberts from Gibbs, but the other players listed are awfully good. To put him above Wade, McBee, or Alred would be tough to do. I do not know 2 of the 3 Cleveland kids or the kid from Walker Valley. If you notice, Rather is the top single A player on the list. He should have a great senior season for a very good OS team.

Playoffs for the league are this weekend at Alcoa and next at Maryville College.

Good post Chill. Agree with you to a point ... I would say that most of the players from Knoxville are better than most of the players on the county teams in the environment and style of play that the Rocky Top League has placed them in. Does that make sense? Do you agree or disagree?

Broussard was POY in District 4aa and Sherril was not so I am not sure how that is really possible he is only number 25. And I believe Sherril is a little too high also.

I think Sherrill has improved tremendously and has really developed from a physical standpoint. Taylor is obviously my guy but I would have to rank Sherrill higher. Also Bodewig is just a JR for the Irish which have a loaded JR class.

Govman, really just made the comment because it's something I've heard said a lot from spectators at the league.I was interested to hear other's opinion on it. There is a defnite difference in pace and overall athleticism between Knox and County teams. It will be interesting to see the final week when the best and worst of both play each other. The final week is the only time this happens. Many have predicted that the Knox teams will sweep. We shall see.