Beware of Malware

compusatman

It has happened to me 3 times...all while on the T over the past week. A popup tells me I have Malware and asks if I want to scan. Any choice you make initiates a proposed scan. In reality it initiates the download of a worm. The cookie is hitman.com. It then proceeds to scan your system regardless of your choice. Shut down IE immediately and unplug your modem. Flush the cookie folder completely and flush the TI file. Haven't seen what it does to the sys folder yet.

Administrators please.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the same thing and only when on CoachT... I'm not saying this is the source but something on here seems to trigger it... It has happened here at least 5 times and never on any other site... My experience has been to just close out IE and start over... The worm hasn't downloaded (to my knowledge) and hasn't initiated a scan...

If you experience this in the future, just email us and we'll look at it. We will need to know what other ads you see on the page (there could be as many as four). Just list what each advertisement is and where it is on the page. That will help us track it down.

I got one from here two weeks ago that caused me to have to take the puter to the shop for over $200 of repairs! It was a heavy duty virus that blew thru the protection I had. In fact the two times I have gotten a killer virus it was from here! Trojan Horses are NO fun!

iamoz, this is NOT me saying where it came from because I had no idea, it was the shop that fixed it. I know two things about computers. How to turn them on and how to take them out in the yard to shoot them to put them out of MY misery! And yes a 45 to the keyboard does wonders for your attitude toward them. LOL

Firefox shows something from cdn.eyewonder.com constantly loading and transfering data. I also run Avast with webshield enabled. Sometimes this site wont even load anymore unless i disable my scanning. The background of grey will load but no forums or toolbars pull up. Its the same on IE or firefox,I run both.

After 3 minutes ,firefox reports cdn.eyewonder.com is still transfering data. I could load up a packet sniffer to see what its sending.