Beware of Malware

compusatman

I don't profess to be a pro by any means but I got a new virus protection/firewall that was recommended to me by our IT guy at work. It is called Vypre and is sold by Sunbelt Security. I have cable internet and have had problems with every computer and laptop I have ever owned until I started running Vypre. In the last 4 months, very little has gotten through and what little has was caught and destroyed in our nightly deep scan.

Just some food for thought!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes this site wont even load anymore unless i disable my scanning. The background of grey will load but no forums or toolbars pull up. Its the same on IE or firefox,I run both..

Sadly ironic that this crap pops up (for the 3rd time) while trying to read this thread. For a couple of weeks now I've had what volntn describes above occurring -- the gray background loads but nothing else. Usually "refresh" loads the page properly, but sometimes it requires multiple refresh attempts.

Sometimes this site wont even load anymore unless i disable my scanning. The background of grey will load but no forums or toolbars pull up. Its the same on IE or firefox,I run both..

Sadly ironic that this crap pops up (for the 3rd time) while trying to read this thread. For a couple of weeks now I've had what volntn describes above occurring -- the gray background loads but nothing else. Usually "refresh" loads the page properly, but sometimes it requires multiple refresh attempts.

Me too on the gray background loading but nothing else. Happens all the time. I constantly am having to hit the "refresh" button. Somtimes "progress" isn't really "progress" i suppose.

Firefox shows something from cdn.eyewonder.com constantly loading and transfering data. I also run Avast with webshield enabled. Sometimes this site wont even load anymore unless i disable my scanning. The background of grey will load but no forums or toolbars pull up. Its the same on IE or firefox,I run both.

After 3 minutes ,firefox reports cdn.eyewonder.com is still transfering data. I could load up a packet sniffer to see what its sending.

Same here.............cdn.eyewonder has almost slowed this site down to the point it's not fun. :roflol:

This site is by far the slowest site I go to.......................

Iamoz, it happened to me twice this morning. In the TI file I get: www.1killspyware.com and in the cookies I got: pubmatic.com.

Also, the site gets slower and slower. Sometimes I have to click submit 3 and 4 times for one post. there are times when the post is lost completely and there are times when the post is doubled. I get timed out everyday. I have to refresh at least 50% of the time to get to the page desired. I've tried waiting and after waiting 15 minutes I refreshed and it went to the correct page. Three different computers, at three different locations.

The malware in question doesn't seem to be extremely lethal. It's just pulling in more popups for different things. It always happens when I hit the submit button for submitting a new post. but not every time. There are definate problems. I do realize you are one person and only have so many hours in the day. Trying to be understanding.

I got hit with a Trojan this morning here, But it was caught with Avast.I posted the information and popup url referer in the Questions and comments section but someone deleted it?

Anyway..I can confirm this site and or its pop ups are infecting machines with spyware and trojan ad downloaders. It seems to be eating up the sites bandwidth as well..Like the rest I have to reload the page over and over sometimes to get it to pull up the forums. If it were me, I would disable the ad's and only add them back 1 at a time till i found the culprit that is degrading the site performance.

I would suggest everyone run some type of updated virus scanner if you dont already have one. Avast is a great free on but there are many others.