South Pittsburg vs. Central

powerp

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a great game and atmosphere in Harrison on Friday. The Pounders and Pirates are both undefeated and both have very good teams. I feel that Central matches up well athletically with the Pirates and the Dline and LBs for the Pounders are very good. They must limit the big plays and be able to move the ball successfully to defeat the Pirates. I hear the Pirates have a great D so it will be a Challenge for Central. I look for a low scoring game like the Marion-SP game. The Pounders D has only given up a single TD in 3 of their 1st 4 games. Who wins? The team that makes the fewest mistakes and comes up with a couple of big plays. :thumb: I know Coach Barger has alot of respect for the Pirate program as he was an assistant at Marion Co. for 5 years. He also knows what a great staff the Pirates have with Coach Grider, Wilson and the others. Welcome to Harrison friday night all the Pirate faithful and if you guys want you can leave those athletes at home and rest them up for Boyd since they are your next big challenge!! :rolleyes:

Central is now undefeated and we are going to their house. I don't think this will be an easy game or a blowout. They will be more of a challenge than Signal Mountain. Central probably has as many or more good players as SP. I wouldn't go into this one expecting too big of a win against a 4A or 5A school. If SP just wins the game I will be happy.

this will not be more of a challenge than signal. :thumb:

central is a one dimensional team.

i honestly dont see central scoring on south pitts defense.

dehart, their QB is virtually their only player, stop him on offense they are done.

southpitt will role in this one, the whole game. :rolleyes:

Recon, Old Pirate don't know much about Central except they are a big program and undefeated. As for having jest one player, OP remembers that QB from Grace last year that single handling gave SP a run for their money. Figure this will be a good week to git used to working with a wet futeball and should help the Pirates prepare for possibly another rainy game. OP is wondering about some Central folkes thou, this thread seems to be rather quite. Recon theys may have heard bout them SM folkes gitting ear holed as is skeerd the same thing will happened to them Pounders. OP says it's a safe bet the Pirates will ear hole them some city fellers, ifin they lose. Recon, that Dillard feller will provide usin with some valuable info soon enough thou. :thumb:

OP wonders hows one of these modern day coaches would defend the old side saddled single wing 46. Ifin it was suddenly unveiled in a game? Figure theys would some be some scratching a few semi-bald heads :rolleyes: That Tebow youngon is what them single wing tailbacks used to do, back in the day. OP did loves seeing that Tebow youngon ear hole him some vols yesterday.

Recon, Old Pirate don't know much about Central except they are a big program and undefeated. As for having jest one player, OP remembers that QB from Grace last year that single handling gave SP a run for their money. Figure this will be a good week to git used to working with a wet futeball and should help the Pirates prepare possibly another rainy game. Wondering about some Central folkes thou, this thread seems to be rather quite. Recon theys may have heard bout them SM folkes gitting ear holed as is skeerd the same thing will happened to them Pounders. OP says it's a safe bet the Pirates will ear hole them some city fellers, ifin they lose. Recon, that Dillard feller will provide usin with some valuable info soon enough thou. :rolleyes:

City fellers, they are probably more country than SP. Thats all right I would have thought the same thing had I not lived in that area for a while. Should be a good ball game, both teams have good coaches.

Recon, Old Pirate don't know much about Central except they are a big program and undefeated. As for having jest one player, OP remembers that QB from Grace last year that single handling gave SP a run for their money. Figure this will be a good week to git used to working with a wet futeball and should help the Pirates prepare for possibly another rainy game. OP is wondering about some Central folkes thou, this thread seems to be rather quite. Recon theys may have heard bout them SM folkes gitting ear holed as is skeerd the same thing will happened to them Pounders. OP says it's a safe bet the Pirates will ear hole them some city fellers, ifin they lose. Recon, that Dillard feller will provide usin with some valuable info soon enough thou. B)

OP wonders hows one of these modern day coaches would defend the old side saddled single wing 46. Ifin it was suddenly unveiled in a game? Figure theys would some be some scratching a few semi-bald heads ;) That Tebow youngon is what them single wing tailbacks used to do, back in the day. OP did loves seeing that Tebow youngon ear hole him some vols yesterday.

woah woah woah old pirate B) , when i said their best player was their qb, i didnt mean he was good good ;)

he is no where near the talent of the qb from grace that graduated :popcorneater: not even close

grace qb was one of the fastest players around chatt before and could pass, central qb just has size an running ability.

south pitt should have no worries in this game what so ever.

Now TTP, maybe I read a little too much in to your post, but it almost sounded like you might be jumping on the Pirate bandwagon! Central is one team I really don't know much about, maybe someone from there can give us some insight. I don't want to hear from Roy Dillard about how Central looks in his Murphy Fair book, so PLEASE someone else respond first. Maybe some of those Chattanooga folk that never get to see the Pirates of SP play can come on out to the game this Friday.

surely not jumping on the pirate bandwagon but I do pull for them when Marion isn't playing them. I also know what they bring to the table and that ANY team in chattanooga would have matching up with the athletes they have. Also, the lineman are about as good as anywhere around. Sp being a small school doesn't have the depth of some of the bigger programs, but their first 22 can match up with just about any!!

Now TTP, maybe I read a little too much in to your post, but it almost sounded like you might be jumping on the Pirate bandwagon! Central is one team I really don't know much about, maybe someone from there can give us some insight. I don't want to hear from Roy Dillard about how Central looks in his Murphy Fair book, so PLEASE someone else respond first. Maybe some of those Chattanooga folk that never get to see the Pirates of SP play can come on out to the game this Friday.

surely not jumping on the pirate bandwagon but I do pull for them when Marion isn't playing them. I also know what they bring to the table and that ANY team in chattanooga would have matching up with the athletes they have. Also, the lineman are about as good as anywhere around. Sp being a small school doesn't have the depth of some of the bigger programs, but their first 22 can match up with just about any!!

TTP, Old Pirate says yous would probably look like yous has taken them rose colored glasses off ifin you put on a Power "P" cap. Figure that would give you and immediate upgrade. :popcorneater:

Should be a great game for both teams.I got to see Central play against Seq. in the first game and they have more then just a one man show. They have a couple of play makers. Their QB is very athletic and does have some speed. Also, they have a big FB/LB with some speed for his size and he can run the ball decent. Overall team speed will be favored for SP, but should be a good game. Best of Luck to both teams.

Hey fellers I was reading in my book again and it looks like Central has some big ole boys that are strong and fast. The boys did a good job of knocking big holes for our runners to run through on Friday night. I hope they do a good job of knocking a hole again this week. My Murphy Fair book says that Chattanooga Central is now coached by that Barger boy. His coaching record is listed in my book and he has one some games. I was wondering where he coached before Central. Let me ask you something. Is this the same Barger boy that was fast and played for Pikeville when he was in school? My book got wet on Friday night with that little rain shower but I took the hair dryer too it and got it dried out where I can still tell everyone about the teams this year. I have never been to Centrals stadium so what gate do I need to go through so I wont have a problem bringing in my cooler. I have to have my red bulls with nachos and cheese at all the games. Grider has got those boys knocking a hole and who has taught those runners those good moves. Those boys are just fast. That Hale boy is making me proud and I tried to meet him the other night after the game to give him a Red Bull but I didnt catch him. I need to get that Robinson boy to autograph my Murphy Fair book for me this season since he will be a college player next year.

Well, I for one think that we will take care of business this week against Central...Do not think we will really get challenged until Boyd in three weeks and let me go ahead and tell ya that will be a HUGE challenge for us!! But we can not look ahead...I think we will ultimately end up winning the game by four touchdowns...Central's depth will keep it close I do believe...Hope they are a passing team cause it is hard to run on our bunch of head busters :roflol: Just ask Signals players :wacko:

Should be a great game for both teams.I got to see Central play against Seq. in the first game and they have more then just a one man show. They have a couple of play makers. Their QB is very athletic and does have some speed. Also, they have a big FB/LB with some speed for his size and he can run the ball decent. Overall team speed will be favored for SP, but should be a good game. Best of Luck to both teams.

Paper Said the FB For Central Broke his hand and is out for awhile..