Union City @ TCA

tcaee

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first suggestion for both TCA and Union City fans is to arrive early. This game will be a standing room only affair. Come hungry too. The grilled chicken, burgers, and hot dogs at the TCA concession stand are really good. Bring your radios too. You can listen to the game on WIGH, 88.7.

As far as the game goes, Union City is going to run the football. Then, they are going to run it some more. Josh Nicks and Kendrick Price will lead the UC running attack. You can also look for Jacob Worley, Kenyon Hyde, and Zach Cabness to get their fair share of carries too. The UC quarterback, Chase Bowling, can run the ball as well. UC does not appear to be much of a passing team as they only attempted 15 total passes in their first three games. They have a solid kicking game as their place kicker has not missed an extra point all year long through week 3. He also has at least 41 yard range on field goal attempts.

UC is averaging 40.5 points per game while only giving up 15.5 ponts per game. The UC defense shut out Trention, gave up 12 to Obion Central and only 6 to Trenton. Huntingdon did drop 44 points on them in a huge come from behind win for the Stangs during week 3.

TCA will feature a well balanced attack featuring junior quarterback Jabriel Washington. While Washington has not thrown the football alot the last couple of games, he has come up big when he has thrown. He threw 4 td passes against Middleton and has a plethera of choices to throw the ball to lead by Joey Hanson, Austin Whitsett, and Dylan Yates. Washington and Josh Lenoir are very capable runners and TCA also features some other young talent who can carry the pigskin. Josh Lenoir may have the best leg for kickoffs and field goals in all of West Tennessee.

This should be a fun and high scoring affair in my opinion. It will also be played on one of the best natural playing surfaces in all of West Tennessee and perhaps the state.

You must not ever been to Union City's field. One of the best...all natural grass like a golf green...no kidding.

They ( Union City ) have now added the college/nfl type field goals but high school regulation. They are bright yellow and reach about 40 feet in the air.

Should be a good game...I really don't think TCA can stop Union City's run game.

Union City by 3 T D's

Union City has some of, if not the best facilities, in West Tn...As far as playing surface, unless it has changed since the playoffs a couple of years ago, I'll go with UC's playing surface...Their practice turf is better than most playing surfaces they see when they hit the road...

If people are looking to see a similar team that came to Jackson for that playoff game, forget it....That team wasn't at all physical...They passed the ball and couldn't run the ball very well..This team is very physical and has beefed up even since last season...A few of the young men playing for the Tornadoes now were playing back when TCA handed UC an embarrassing loss in the playoffs...UC will be highly motivated for this match-up...

Washington is a fine player...He was dang good as a freshman when UC played them....UC only allowed 90 yards passing to an Obion Central team that uses the spread offense...OC wasn't able to exploit some things I thought they would be able to do...I worry more about Washington's legs than his arm...I don't know who else TCA plays that runs the Mid-Line Veer/Option offense but it is extremely hard to prepare for if you only see it once a year...When run right, it's virtually unstoppable...

Union City is also blessed with a very good kicker...Jorge Guerri, a foreign exchange student, is 21 for 22 on his extra points and has a 41 yard FG to his credit as well...His only miss on XP's was blocked after 21 straight connections...

I think ReitzFan made a good point about the UC running game.....UC does have balance in the backfield..Price has been the man but Nicks and Worley are more than capable runners and could lead the Tornadoes in rushing any given Friday night....Price had 81 yards rushing Friday night but had a 85 yard TD called back....Worley has been slowed by an ankle but did play on offense this past Friday night vs Obion Central...Watch for freshman Keylon Hyde...He made some good contributions last Friday and I believe you will see him get more touches as the year progresses....Chase Bowling is a very functional quarterback..He won't dazzle you with his speed or athleticism but he knows this offense and makes real good reads...He runs smart...By that I mean he knows when to run based on the defense played and he also knows when to make the handoff....

The UC pass game is used only if necessary...UC doesn't like to throw and won't throw unless forced to....I've seen this offense have third and long situations, sure passing situations for some, run and get first downs....They will use all four downs..They don't like to punt either...

Should be a great high school football game...

My Prediction is :

Union City - 31

T.C.A. - 21

Trinity doesn't run the spread but jabriel can get outside the pocket and throw the ball up the field very well. If you commit to stopping the pass then he turns on the jets and is very hard to stop when he gets in the open field. We also have a powerful runner in josh lenoir who can pound it up the middle(and is one of the best kickers around) and lots of talented recievers who have put up pretty good numbers this year. Trinity will easily be th most offensively balanced team union city has seen all year. I think union city will have to throw the ball to beat trinity

Trinity doesn't run the spread but jabriel can get outside the pocket and throw the ball up the field very well. If you commit to stopping the pass then he turns on the jets and is very hard to stop when he gets in the open field. We also have a powerful runner in josh lenoir who can pound it up the middle(and is one of the best kickers around) and lots of talented recievers who have put up pretty good numbers this year. Trinity will easily be th most offensively balanced team union city has seen all year. I think union city will have to throw the ball to beat trinity

My friend tcaee your comments sound more desperate than convincing to me. I promise you this will be a run away win for the Tornadoes. ITs one of the games they have circled on thier calendars ever since last spring when they saw that you were on the schedule. They are very angry about the lack luster effort given in the Playoff game 2 years ago where they were blanked 35-0. They will not take you lightly , they want to pound you to a pulp. They will not stop until the final buzzer. As far as the playing surface is concerned. Weve been to your private school and uhhhhhh we were not impressed. sorry. Oh did I mention they are angry? Oh I see that i did. I dont like to repeat myself. The boys are looking for revenge. Try to analyze that anyway you choose but revenge is a great motivator. They will be fired up.And I assure you the coaching staff will do thier job to give these boys the proper amount of respect for your team. We dont take you lightly. We just want to beat you bad.