Dobyns Bennett vs Sullivan South

BatmanDB

I came to the DB vs South game because I'm a true high school football fanatic without a dog in the race at this time, that wanted to see the best game in town. I KNOW WHAT MY TEAM BRINGS TO THE TABLE.... and I'll exercise a little CLASS and just leave it at that. Come on WaCo... if you don't know me by noowwwwww....... you will never, never, never, never, never, never, never know meeeee.....ooooooohhhhhhh. lol

I really didn't carry who won this game... but i have to admit that everything that I wanted to happen, happened. I wanted to see (in person) how both teams matched up to the Vikings... number one. I also knew that DB was TRUELY down but needed to see it for myself (with all due respect).... number two. I knew all along that South wasn't as good as their rankings merited, but I wanted to see them shamefully exposed by a 1-4 team... number three, and mission accomplished. You should actually be more upset with the CLOWN that said "I haven't seen that much athleticism in a long time. I was throughly impressed. It look like DB from years ago". What year was this.... because I can't remember. JUST KEEPIN IT REAL!!! :D

Talking trash before the game is "gamesmanship". Rubbing someone's nose in a defeat is "CLASSLESS". And rubbing someone's nose in a defeat by a 1 and 4 team is brutal!!! B)

One more thing and I'll keep it short.........ARTVANDALAY!!! Need I say more!

Oh yea.....role tribe!!! :thumb::thumb:

Well....alright then. But you might want to be careful with your thinking on how these teams match up. If you had seen the Boone-DB & Boone-South games you would of picked South by three TD's just like everybody else did. I'll tell you how their matching up about third quarter time.

I will admit I picked South to win but barely. I don't think either of us think there is any better measure of DB at their best than last night... and being honest with you WaCo.... the Vikings are in this game! STOP CS is still the name of the game into defeating DB. Our offense speaks for itself... have you seen it, or heard what we are working with? On paper how do you see DB beating THS? That question goes out to all comers.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came to the DB vs South game because I'm a true high school football fanatic without a dog in the race at this time, that wanted to see the best game in town. I KNOW WHAT MY TEAM BRINGS TO THE TABLE.... and I'll exercise a little CLASS and just leave it at that. Come on WaCo... if you don't know me by noowwwwww....... you will never, never, never, never, never, never, never know meeeee.....ooooooohhhhhhh. lol

I really didn't carry who won this game... but i have to admit that everything that I wanted to happen, happened. I wanted to see (in person) how both teams matched up to the Vikings... number one. I also knew that DB was TRUELY down but needed to see it for myself (with all due respect).... number two. I knew all along that South wasn't as good as their rankings merited, but I wanted to see them shamefully exposed by a 1-4 team... number three, and mission accomplished. You should actually be more upset with the CLOWN that said "I haven't seen that much athleticism in a long time. I was throughly impressed. It look like DB from years ago". What year was this.... because I can't remember. JUST KEEPIN IT REAL!!! :D

Talking trash before the game is "gamesmanship". Rubbing someone's nose in a defeat is "CLASSLESS". And rubbing someone's nose in a defeat by a 1 and 4 team is brutal!!! B)

One more thing and I'll keep it short.........ARTVANDALAY!!! Need I say more!

Oh yea.....role tribe!!! :thumb::thumb:

Well....alright then. But you might want to be careful with your thinking on how these teams match up. If you had seen the Boone-DB & Boone-South games you would of picked South by three TD's just like everybody else did. I'll tell you how their matching up about third quarter time.

I will admit I picked South to win but barely. I don't think either of us think there is any better measure of DB at their best than last night... and being honest with you WaCo.... the Vikings are in this game! STOP CS is still the name of the game into defeating DB. Our offense speaks for itself... have you seen it, or heard what we are working with? On paper how do you see DB beating THS? That question goes out to all comers.

On paper I don't see DB beating THS. Good thing the game isn't being played on paper. This will be a tough one for sure. If the Indians show up again and play "DB" football the way they did last night it will be a game.

All 3 of my post's were lost, Imagine that. Boone has the best defence in the state.

Get real........you can't even spell defense. :thumb:

Boone played some good games, and they showed they have a great defense but their offense needs to step it up. Lots of those boys play both ways and the defense on the field all the time wears out some of those who get their rest on offense.

Before anything gets said about Boone being the best, they have 4 more tests that could be games where they shoot themselves in the foot. Can't look over Science Hill, TN High is a beast in week 9, and the way Crockett is playing the Musket Bowl is up for grabs in a close one.

That said though, if Boone wins out, TN High loses to DB, but TN High beats South, then Daniel Boone will be the conference champs...but one week at a time here.

Sad....a Boone supporter can't even spell :thumb:

All 3 of my post's were lost, Imagine that. Boone has the best defence in the state.

Get real........you can't even spell defense. :thumb:

Boone played some good games, and they showed they have a great defense but their offense needs to step it up. Lots of those boys play both ways and the defense on the field all the time wears out some of those who get their rest on offense.

Before anything gets said about Boone being the best, they have 4 more tests that could be games where they shoot themselves in the foot. Can't look over Science Hill, TN High is a beast in week 9, and the way Crockett is playing the Musket Bowl is up for grabs in a close one.

That said though, if Boone wins out, TN High loses to DB, but TN High beats South, then Daniel Boone will be the conference champs...but one week at a time here.

Sad....a Boone supporter can't even spell :D

If you think the spelling is bad on that side of the county you should check out any number of Crockett threads. :thumb:

Cap1 you act as if the TN High game is a sure win for TN High over DB. It was supposed to be close last year DB destroyed TN High. South vs DB was going to be a blowout for South. How did that turn out? DB is down this year but I bet they win or lose to TN High by 10.

And oh Cap1. You were telling us all how Chris Sensabaugh was not as good as all of those awesome Science Hill players. Where are they now? If you don't claim it, I will dig it up. But according to you Science Hill has the talent to run the field. Where are they now? I hope the worst DB team in 20 years beats the best TN High team in god knows when so you can be shutup like the stupid South fans.

Cap1 you act as if the TN High game is a sure win for TN High over DB. It was supposed to be close last year DB destroyed TN High. South vs DB was going to be a blowout for South. How did that turn out? DB is down this year but I bet they win or lose to TN High by 10.

And oh Cap1. You were telling us all how Chris Sensabaugh was not as good as all of those awesome Science Hill players. Where are they now? If you don't claim it, I will dig it up. But according to you Science Hill has the talent to run the field. Where are they now? I hope the worst DB team in 20 years beats the best TN High team in god knows when so you can be shutup like the stupid South fans.

bud, I can tell you one thing for sure. Even if DB beats Tennessee High Friday night it won't change a thing. Next year Cap will be back on here talking about haow much better the Vikings are and how DB is going down. But at least he does wait until the week of the game being played to start to begin his "classless arrogance". Most South fans start their "classless arrogance" in July. :thumb:

bud, I can tell you one thing for sure. Even if DB beats Tennessee High Friday night it won't change a thing. Next year Cap will be back on here talking about haow much better the Vikings are and how DB is going down. But at least he does wait until the week of the game being played to start to begin his "classless arrogance". Most South fans start their "classless arrogance" in July. :lol:

:thumb:

bud, I can tell you one thing for sure. Even if DB beats Tennessee High Friday night it won't change a thing. Next year Cap will be back on here talking about haow much better the Vikings are and how DB is going down. But at least he does wait until the week of the game being played to start to begin his "classless arrogance". Most South fans start their "classless arrogance" in July. :thumb:

Thanks for saying "most South fans" Waco. I would like to think I am in the "minority" that doesn't trash talk or make ridiculous claims prior to the game. This year I did state that I did not think that CS would "run over" South linebackers Garvin or Phillips. I didn't see the game so others would have to comment on that. Perhaps DB91 merely meant he would rack up enormous yardage and run wild which he certainly did. Apparently South could not tackle him. He certainly sounds like D1 material to me.

I think it generous that DB would consider South a rival after beating them 14 straight. That may have a lot to do with the streak and why Boone beat you but South could not. I really find it humorous the attitude of your fans at least on Coach T that claim this is the worst DB team in 20-30 years solely because of the record. Maybe you guys are finally getting it right and discovering your weaknesses against good teams early in the year and adjusting while beating up the little county schools around here ,building momentum and making noise with confidence building come playoff time. The Big East was a joke and gave the Indians a false sense of Superiority each year. Bearden got blasted by Maryville, Karns and Campbell Co. awful, Science Hill stuggling, Seveir Co,ot win over a Seymour team Boone limited to 3 pts to start the season and Jeff Co pitiful. This team may be a lot better than what you guys are giving them credit for. Let it play out, but don't be so quick to judge them. You guys need to be more like Batman and think positive.

Anyway congrats again on the win . I would think the streak will continue untill re- classification again when South and Central will move down 1 more notch and escape the annual beatdown imposed on us by the TSSAA and our big brothers from the city. Good luck at the castle . Wear down the Vikes and expose their weaknesses . Looks like we could use the help.

Hello everybody. I just got out of Woodridge long enough to post and then I've got to go back. My son and I stayed till the bitter end. I will only say one thing about South. They are better than they played against DB. Whether it will be seen this season is debatable. One more thing about South...that is the worst South effort I have seen since 2004. Incredible. There were about 4 college scouts at that game.

For Dobyns Bennett, I guess it takes the hatred for the Rebels to bring out your gut. What bothers me is that the way you played against South gives you no excuse for any of your losses. You should currently be undefeated. Yes, including Farragut. I don't believe Farragut will be the 2009 TN State Champs. I'll give that crown to Blackman. In all sincerity, the Tribe team that played Oct. 2nd should have killed Farragut. So in that light I guess we have a stake in bringing you out of the closet. I guess we bring out your best. You were dominate all over the field...at every position...we had no answer. I previously said I would have no excuses for the game if you won. And I don't.

All I can say now is if you lose another game then beating us was just an accident. You should go deep in the playoffs with the effort you posed against us.

The Black Devil Train will reside on the Old Pactolus Bridge for the rest of the week. There will probably be no Crowe left after the whole of Colonial Heights gets their rations. After the way we played we deserve to suffer.

Congratulations to Graham Clark and Staff for another superior show of coaching skills. Just wonder if maybe each week you should play Sullivan South...you might go deep if you train from that prospective.

Hello everybody. I just got out of Woodridge long enough to post and then I've got to go back. My son and I stayed till the bitter end. I will only say one thing about South. They are better than they played against DB. Whether it will be seen this season is debatable. One more thing about South...that is the worst South effort I have seen since 2004. Incredible. There were about 4 college scouts at that game.

For Dobyns Bennett, I guess it takes the hatred for the Rebels to bring out your gut. What bothers me is that the way you played against South gives you no excuse for any of your losses. You should currently be undefeated. Yes, including Farragut. I don't believe Farragut will be the 2009 TN State Champs. I'll give that crown to Blackman. In all sincerity, the Tribe team that played Oct. 2nd should have killed Farragut. So in that light I guess we have a stake in bringing you out of the closet. I guess we bring out your best. You were dominate all over the field...at every position...we had no answer. I previously said I would have no excuses for the game if you won. And I don't.

All I can say now is if you lose another game then beating us was just an accident. You should go deep in the playoffs with the effort you posed against us.

The Black Devil Train will reside on the Old Pactolus Bridge for the rest of the week. There will probably be no Crowe left after the whole of Colonial Heights gets their rations. After the way we played we deserve to suffer.

Congratulations to Graham Clark and Staff for another superior show of coaching skills. Just wonder if maybe each week you should play Sullivan South...you might go deep if you train from that prospective.

I was waiting for you buddy. My questions and thoughts is that... is it possible that DB is in your alls heads like you all are in our heads. South is this lingering black cloud that Boone just can't get over and sneak out the win. We played you all up and down the field and should have won...but then you all did what you do and squeaked out the win. I was shocked to hear the score at halftime from your game. I thought South was better than that...but I'm wondering if it is all a head game that Gray fans are familiar with.

I am surprised at the relative congeniality on this board. Perhaps talking about football is much better when you don't actually have to play football. Now that the beloved duo are actually playing everyone is quiet. Talk rather than action certainly is the Lane Kiffin approach.

Oh well. A few predictions and comments.

1. D-B will upset South by 21 - 20 because 1) South has a mental block when it comes to D-B, 2) D-B's coaching staff will dial it up with two weeks to prepare, 3) South's QB injury situation is critical and the Watson blitz package will be very hard on the new QB, 4) CS will gain over 100 yds rushing in spite of Comp's message board blitz, 5) South has an untested kicker, and 6) D-B will successfully throw enough to make a difference.

Sorry, Rebel Nation.

2. THS will absolutely kill D-B (barring significant injuries to the Vikings before the game) because 1) the Viking coaching staff thinks GC did a little score run up in the last game, 2) Stubbs has discovered the forward pass and actually has a QB to execute it, 3) THS is better at every position (including running back - sorry Waco), 4) D-B is surprisingly soft this season, and 5) the Vikings don't have the mental problem South does.

Sorry, Tribe. I am curious. What is the record for victory margin by a D-B opponent in a conference game in the modern era? I think the Vikes will exceed it.

3. South will find a way to beat THS in the last game of the season because Stubbs has yet to exorcise the Carter demon. I do not know if this will be by 1) whipping us up front and us not being motivated like the '04 playoff game, 2) playing with more confidence with a back up QB like in '05, 3) completely outcoaching us like in '06, 4) the refs calling a Rebel fumble down by contact like in '07, or 5) a general *** kicking like in '08. This is our best chance to re-turn the corner. Maybe our passing attack will be the difference.

4. My first top five for the season in NET - size corrected, of course.

1) Betsy - "Return to Dominance" is the motto. I would like to know more about the recent 10-3 loss to Asheville HS. Before that, I was completely on the bandwagon - a potential state title contender in their classification with their skill people.

2) THS - great offense so far with Stubbs featuring an effective passing / running tandem. Defense is crusty as usual. This could be the Vikings' year. Probably the current oddsmaker's favorite to win the Big 8. Must close the deal at South.

3) South - outstanding performance in big games so far - G'ville and Gate City. Almost let Boone beat them. Biggest game of the year coming up this week (not for standings or playoff seeding but from a mental standpoint). This team has shown great resilience in light of their opening game tragedy. I, along with many fans across the state, am certainly pulling for them.

4) Boone - never underestimate a Jenkins' coached team. Closed the deal on a historic victory over D-B. Run the ball well and play tough D. With a growing student population could be a surprising rising power in the Big 8 and will probably garner the third seed this year.

5) G'ville - probably has the best statistical player in the area with Spradlin. Surprisingly ineffective on offense against Betsy. Can they throw the ball effectively against a good team? Frankly, I thought there would be a bigger drop off in performance with the off season coaching controversy. Interesting to see the second half of the season for this team - they get no points in my ranking for dropping down to a lower classification. In fact, I think the TSSAA should investigate whether they meet the criteria for a private school as anyone in Greene County can attend G'ville HS without tuition. They get to really cherry pick.

6 - 10) Others receiving votes: North, Tri-Cities Christian, D-B (should be 3-2), Crockett, West Greene, Science Hill, Happy Valley, Sullivan East

I got the first score wrong but the logic and reasoning is correct.

D-B over South

THS over D-B

South over THS

Most of this is mental.