Catholic @ Webb

Irish423

They are still committing tons of penalties and still can't hold onto the football. They have not improved at all since the beginning of the year; in fact, I think they may have gotten worse since then.

Congratulations to Webb on breaking their losing streak to the Irish. Who knew all they had to do to win was wait for Pemberton to leave?

Are you saying that a Scott Meadows coached team has no discipline????

Say it ain't so............... ;)

Congrats to Webb.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wish i could have seen the game i know catholic is certainly upset i would be too. is it true they had a ton of kids out? not to hang the loss on that cause from my understanding webb isnt at full strength as well. and for the record waters is 5'9'' with heels on, 165 dripping wet, and with a head so big i dont know how he fits through doors. but congrats webb i hope you win the special olympics state championship again

No. William Blount runnuing game was not good. Missing 2 of best players. William Blount still ate the clock, more rushing yards, more first dns. Webb run more clock and get way more on the ground. Ur offense will hurry and mistake and penalty. Webb by 3 scores. Meadows already gave up on his players cuz flu and making excuses for why they lose. Will be all players fault. watch.

ScottyA11? I know. Whatever. :thumb:

for the record waters is 5'9'' with heels on, 165 dripping wet, and with a head so big i dont know how he fits through doors. but congrats webb i hope you win the special olympics state championship again

A classy post.

Just curious, did anyone hear the interview with Coach Meadows on 99.1? I think it took less than 10 seconds for him to work in how a bunch of his kids were sick with the flu. Just wondering if he knows that every school in east TN is going through the same thing right now? Is it supposed to be clever to say how it's all his fault that he didn't have the inexperienced guys ready to play. IMHO, it was pretty thinly veiled. I know he's dissappointed but show some dignity.

wish i could have seen the game i know catholic is certainly upset i would be too. is it true they had a ton of kids out? not to hang the loss on that cause from my understanding webb isnt at full strength as well. and for the record waters is 5'9'' with heels on, 165 dripping wet, and with a head so big i dont know how he fits through doors. but congrats webb i hope you win the special olympics state championship again

You must not have been at the game because Waters dominated it on defense, there is nothing wrong with being confident in your abilities. He came off the field near me and I'm only 5'8" and he looked down at me and there wasn't just a inch diff. so I don't know where that comment came from. Regardless, he played one heck of a game (he had tweleve solo tackles, and caused a fumble plus more). I came home and watched the game on my DVR and even the CSS commentator said Waters shoud have gotten player of the game. Bottom line WEBB played great offensively and defenesively. Whiteside, Berube (both of them), Alexander, Warner, Jones, Blance (both of em) Wormsley, Saas all played well. Webb deserved that win tonight and for the record they had alot kids sick and out this week too including coaches so it wasn't just the Irish who were out this week.

Not sure where all that money the Webb parents spend goes, but it certainly isn't to the technology department. This video stream is awful. They should have stuck with just audio. They apparently don't have a server capable of hosting streaming video.

VIDEO STREAM???????.......as good as any other excuse, I guess. (ie; the flu! Urban Meyers boys had the SWAMP flu and they won by 10!) GIVE US A BREAK. lol lol lol lol :thumb:

First, i gotta say my spartans made me proud last night. They wanted it more and were better than catholic. Catholic can say what they want about who did and didn't play but the bottom line is that webb beat them on the field and scoreboard where it counts. Webb had kids sick just like any other team right now and like i said coach meske would never use that as an excuse and played who he had and competed. The game was unreal. Webb had players step up last night. The entire o-line played good against a bigger catholic line and fought the entire game. Saas, werner, campbell, jenkins, letsinger played their butts off. The rbs ran hard all night, berube who made tough runs, caleb played but wasn't anywhere close to 100% and aaron had some good runs. Wormsley at qb was steady, ran the offense and made some clutch passes to wilhoite who made plays. Defense held catholic to 10 points and created turnovers. The d-line played great with whiteside and little making plays at d-end. Saas and warner were tough in the middle. The linebackers were solid. Waters had a huge game and berube and campbell made plays. Webb's secondary played good. Alexander at cb recovered 2 fumbles. Catholic never even tried to throw deep because webb's 2 safeties johnson and carillon are the real deal and catholic knew they would get picked if they tried. The play that slammed the door on catholic was the blocked field goal with a few minutes left. Carillon shot through catholic's line and just stuffed the kick. It wasn't until then that i knew webb had broken the streak because so many times in the past catholic would have made that fg, recovered on onside kick, scored to tie it up, go to overtime and win but not this time. As an ex-spartan who came close but never won against catholic i want to give all of the spartans props for ending the streak.

Losing happens. By no means did Catholic overlook Webb though. Just the ignorant posters on here did. Everyone knew Webb was good. And waters was better than I thought. I still think Catholic could have won this ball game (i mean anyone can win every ball game...) but they beat themselves badly. So many personal fouls, false starts, and holding penalties when they needed it the least. A bad pass interference call of 3rd down hurt them, and say what you want, but having 2 lbs (injury), starting WR (flu), and a starting OG (not sure) out does hurt. Im not making excuses, because it probably would have ended in the same result. I questioned why they didn't throw the ball deep a few times more, Webb had good safeties, but not THAT good. Mackle was open by 20 feet several times and one play, he was all alone. (the play where he rolled out and threw to Bacon in the end zone) Mistakes costs any team in any sport and so I would definitely say it hurt the Irish last night. If they could work those out they would be a much better team, but until then they might lose to Maryville or Bearden, and West won't be a walk in the park either. There are some good teams coming up. 3-1 in my 4 years. I'll take it.

After seeing the WB Catholic game, I am going to say Catholic has more losses on their schedule. They barely survived against a heavily undermanned Governor team. I think Catholic played very well against Farragut, but their defense against AE, WB, and Webb was not as dominant as I was expecting. The Governors have played Bearden and Heritage in District play. To make comparisons, both Bearden and Heritage have much better defenses. HOwever, Catholic has much better offenses. The Irish need to step it up on D or they will definitely lose to Maryville and probably one more team in the District. If they improve on D then the Maryville game will be their only other loss.