Catholic @ Webb

Irish423

Im a fan of Webb and follow them an after watching the game on tv today i think catholic should have just lined up and ran the ball. Catholic took away their big advantage: The Line, and a physical running back. Their line is much bigger and more physically imposing than Webbs. Williamson is a good QB but Webb could match up athletically with the wideouts (2 good safeties) plus a linebacker (waters) thats more of a walked up DB at LB, giving them a sound pass defense. Meadows was not smart trying to throw the ball what seemed like 70% of the time. An idea for catholic would be run the option with williamson and cozart, which i believe would be very difficult to stop. Use Williamson and cozart to run it, option, dives, veer, etc., with that huge Line, then pass it. Williamson is a great player and they should use him as a runner more. Catholic has a good team with some very good players. If they are smarter on offense, i see them winning many more games.

One thing that has helped Webb this year is parker wormsley. I believe his ability to throw the ball effectively has really helped. In the catholic game i noticed catholics interior d-line was off the ball about 2 yards, im assuming to stop webbs trap play, but i think it hurt their ability to get a pass rush and giving parker the ability to throw key passes. I also cant believe they gave player of the game to jarvis jones who had 3 carries for 17 yards. It should of went to aaron (#5), parker(#10) or donavon(#18). That was probably the dumbest things ive seen this season.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a fan of Webb and follow them an after watching the game on tv today i think catholic should have just lined up and ran the ball. Catholic took away their big advantage: The Line, and a physical running back. Their line is much bigger and more physically imposing than Webbs. Williamson is a good QB but Webb could match up athletically with the wideouts (2 good safeties) plus a linebacker (waters) thats more of a walked up DB at LB, giving them a sound pass defense. Meadows was not smart trying to throw the ball what seemed like 70% of the time. An idea for catholic would be run the option with williamson and cozart, which i believe would be very difficult to stop. Use Williamson and cozart to run it, option, dives, veer, etc., with that huge Line, then pass it. Williamson is a great player and they should use him as a runner more. Catholic has a good team with some very good players. If they are smarter on offense, i see them winning many more games.

One thing that has helped Webb this year is parker wormsley. I believe his ability to throw the ball effectively has really helped. In the catholic game i noticed catholics interior d-line was off the ball about 2 yards, im assuming to stop webbs trap play, but i think it hurt their ability to get a pass rush and giving parker the ability to throw key passes. I also cant believe they gave player of the game to jarvis jones who had 3 carries for 17 yards. It should of went to aaron (#5), parker(#10) or donavon(#18). That was probably the dumbest things ive seen this season.

No fan of catholic webb or Meadows. They should just run they did last year. Catholic line r

all big strong good blockers. Cozart is fast and strong. Same on defense.Line really tough. linebackr cant tackle though. Meadows wont change. He mess it up and leav like everyplce else blame it on other folks. Just rong man. He dont care about them kids.

I mean I don't know. Sure i just get on here to trash catholic, but take something out of it. I do offer some positive criticism :(

What is the D-Line doing that far back? They did nothing but get their butts moved over. They didn't attack-they looked weak and lazy. big 77 could barely keep his breathe-too slow and missed assignments on O too. Their lineman are somewhat fat. I mean fat is good for a linemen but not when it slows them down that much. The Webb d was overwhelmingly fast for the tired catholic line. seemed like someone was after williamson all night. Fumbles and dropped passes killed catholic. A dropped pass in the end zone which hit the recievers hands should have been a sure catch. And i think the same receiver fumbled one later on which hurt. The Webb D just played hard against a catholic O that is underacheiving. Just look at those athletes. Cozart was pretty good in my mind and then on the second possesion he broke that one run. WOW good back. Williamson is pretty good-he plays hard (like jumping the boy) but he just stands motionless in pocket. when i say motionless, i mean MOTIONLESS. facing the fast webb D against overweight and tired lineman caused him to get pressure so quick he couldn't move which maybe if he was moving a little could have happened. Mackle is a good player but didn't have many chances to prove it. Irish425 or whatever-the safeties more than matched up with the subpar wide receivers. Williamson didn't have a chance throwing long all night and he didn't for the most part. Tre waters was good. Very good. Give him the player of the game. He had a ton of tackles. A disappointing game to go to. I thought it would be closer.

My 2 cents (and i tried not to be so condemning like last time)

froshmon u made some very good points. Basically webb's d was way too fast for catholic. What they lack in size they make up for with speed and toughness. Catholic's d-line did a lot of standing up at the snap and the webb lineman just controlled them. Catholic's qb prolly tried to do too much by scrambling all over the place. He went both ways and was totally out of gas mid 3rd qtr. I don't think catholic realized how good webb's two safeties were. Prolly the best 2 on the same team in the area. They didn't allow anything all night and yes waters had a monster game.

I mean I don't know. Sure i just get on here to trash catholic, but take something out of it. I do offer some positive criticism :bored:

What is the D-Line doing that far back? They did nothing but get their butts moved over. They didn't attack-they looked weak and lazy. big 77 could barely keep his breathe-too slow and missed assignments on O too. Their lineman are somewhat fat. I mean fat is good for a linemen but not when it slows them down that much. The Webb d was overwhelmingly fast for the tired catholic line. seemed like someone was after williamson all night. Fumbles and dropped passes killed catholic. A dropped pass in the end zone which hit the recievers hands should have been a sure catch. And i think the same receiver fumbled one later on which hurt. The Webb D just played hard against a catholic O that is underacheiving. Just look at those athletes. Cozart was pretty good in my mind and then on the second possesion he broke that one run. WOW good back. Williamson is pretty good-he plays hard (like jumping the boy) but he just stands motionless in pocket. when i say motionless, i mean MOTIONLESS. facing the fast webb D against overweight and tired lineman caused him to get pressure so quick he couldn't move which maybe if he was moving a little could have happened. Mackle is a good player but didn't have many chances to prove it. Irish425 or whatever-the safeties more than matched up with the subpar wide receivers. Williamson didn't have a chance throwing long all night and he didn't for the most part. Tre waters was good. Very good. Give him the player of the game. He had a ton of tackles. A disappointing game to go to. I thought it would be closer.

My 2 cents (and i tried not to be so condemning like last time)

It seems like some people on here are upset with Coach Meadows and it may be correct, but why is nobody talking about who hired him. He didn't hire himself. The principal and AD did and forced the DC on him. They need to look themselves in the mirror. With that being said both sides of the ball look out of wack, out of shape, and confused. Great game by Webb, they played hard and I still think they are one of the better coached teams in the area. Meske doesn't get enough credit.

It seems like some people on here are upset with Coach Meadows and it may be correct, but why is nobody talking about who hired him. He didn't hire himself. The principal and AD did and forced the DC on him. They need to look themselves in the mirror. With that being said both sides of the ball look out of wack, out of shape, and confused. Great game by Webb, they played hard and I still think they are one of the better coached teams in the area. Meske doesn't get enough credit.

Who is DC? Do Meadows call the plays? Who is AD? Thouht Meadows is AD?

I believe a Surlas brother and DC is Lane Corum who's record speaks for itself. Who is principal? Meadows calls all offensive plays from what I have heard. Wonder if Dorian is lovin 14 carries a game? Is Ron Grey still on staff? Sure he is pushing to be hc already if he is. Good luck to the Irish the rest of the year. Does Webb have a chance to win state in their Divison?

Good luck to the Irish the rest of the year. Does Webb have a chance to win state in their Divison?

Webb shouldn't have a close game for the rest of the year (including the play-offs). If they don't win state, it's because they beat themselves. I think it's a shame that Webb's in Division II-A, where there's no real competition; Webb has a great team this year, but we'll never know exactly how good. On the other hand, you can't really blame them for refusing to play up (even though a couple of the other Division II schools, including BA, did so).

Webb shouldn't have a close game for the rest of the year (including the play-offs). If they don't win state, it's because they beat themselves. I think it's a shame that Webb's in Division II-A, where there's no real competition; Webb has a great team this year, but we'll never know exactly how good. On the other hand, you can't really blame them for refusing to play up (even though a couple of the other Division II schools, including BA, did so).

eular u should do a little research on the teams from west tn that webb will have to face in the playoffs. the 2 teams that r very good in the west r ecs and usj. Both of these teams have very good talent. A te from ecs has already committed to alabama and their line is even bigger than catholics. The qb at usj is supposed to be very good. 1 thing we do know is that webb has beaten 3 5a schools in knoxville and pretty much dominated clinton in a scrimmage. I'll give u that they should dominate most of their region games this season because most of those schools r not as good as webb this year. They face da and dca at the end of their season. Both of these teams r good and will be very competitive games for webb. It just so happens that webb has a big sr class and some very good skill athletes. They have a chance to win it all this year but they will have to keep their heads right and keep working. Lets be real, webb did what they should have done and stayed in the class the tssaa put them in. They dress less than 50 players and play region games they r supposed to. I'll bet bga is wishing they had stayed where the tssaa had put them.

I believe a Surlas brother and DC is Lane Corum who's record speaks for itself. Who is principal? Meadows calls all offensive plays from what I have heard. Wonder if Dorian is lovin 14 carries a game? Is Ron Grey still on staff? Sure he is pushing to be hc already if he is. Good luck to the Irish the rest of the year. Does Webb have a chance to win state in their Divison?

Unbeleivble. Lane Corom form Heritage = worst coach in blount conty history. The party Surles brothers never leav befor closing time. Ron Gray from Oak ridge =spongebob. Medows can blame all them. Your right Princapal must be an idiot. Hate Catholic that fake program & hype. Feel bad bout the playars. Meadows is bad but all that gotta really stink bad for them.

eular u should do a little research on the teams from west tn that webb will have to face in the playoffs. the 2 teams that r very good in the west r ecs and usj. Both of these teams have very good talent. A te from ecs has already committed to alabama and their line is even bigger than catholics. The qb at usj is supposed to be very good. 1 thing we do know is that webb has beaten 3 5a schools in knoxville and pretty much dominated clinton in a scrimmage. I'll give u that they should dominate most of their region games this season because most of those schools r not as good as webb this year. They face da and dca at the end of their season. Both of these teams r good and will be very competitive games for webb. It just so happens that webb has a big sr class and some very good skill athletes. They have a chance to win it all this year but they will have to keep their heads right and keep working. Lets be real, webb did what they should have done and stayed in the class the tssaa put them in. They dress less than 50 players and play region games they r supposed to. I'll bet bga is wishing they had stayed where the tssaa had put them.

You are exactly right. Memphis is loaded in both Divisons of D2. MUS looks to be favorite in bigger league and DA is still good even though they lost their star RB for year. Don't count them out.